• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,371 posts in this topic

I still don't get the purpose of Bran warging into the ravens.  What did that serve?  This show is exiting still but the carefully thoughtout realism of the first seasons is long gone and it has been every since the Sand Snakes really.  It just doesn't feel like a show for discerning, adult minds anymore.  It still has its moments, but those first few seasons I watched again and again and you could scrutinize the layers and you couldn't find any plot holes.  Now I find myself ignoring illogicalities all over the place and kind of just sitting back and enjoying the ride.  

Edited by Von Cichlid

9 minutes ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

Sam is alive.   Tormund does not appear to be dead and apparently, Rhaegal is alive as well.

Spoiler

Are you sure - I was certain Sam had taken 3 or 4 knife/sword hits and was bleeding badly from the mouth

Tormund (Thanks!)  disappeared under a mass of walkers.I didn't see him after.

I hope you are right!

13 minutes ago, Beige said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Are you sure - I was certain Sam had taken 3 or 4 knife/sword hits and was bleeding badly from the mouth

Tormund (Thanks!)  disappeared under a mass of walkers.I didn't see him after.

I hope you are right!

Spoiler

You are correct - Tormund is alive, as is Gendry.

No Sam seen in next weeks trailers though....

All in all I was a little disappointed with the episode.  You could hardly see anything and

Spoiler

WTF is up with Ghost, I mean at this point why are they even including him. And 7 seasons for a lead up to this battle only for Arya to come flying out of nowhere to kill the Night King.  It felt a little hurried, cheap and too easy of a wrap up for such a great story.

Edited by Xenosmilus

One review in a newspaper saying Gilly was killed in the crypt?

Anyone see it?

30 minutes ago, Beige said:

Anyone see it?

She was next to the Stark dead coming out in the crypt. I don’t think it was shown, but it doesn’t look good.

edit:  When the dead come out she starts running. Hard to tell what happened with her.

Edited by Catwomancomics

Wow. Did not see this coming.

Before and during and right up until the end I saw many ways it could have ended very VERY bad (and some of it did!).

I also saw many many ways they could have really messed up the ending as far as storyline and all.

And there WERE many times I was shaking my head with what did and did not happen (looking right at you Dany!).

But... I was not disappointed by the ending.

Spoiler:

Spoiler

Arya!

Aww-Hell Yeah!

Why not?

She's probably the most lethal one among the living, and clearly the best and probably the only trained assassin among the living. 

The dead have many faces.... and she came like a thief in the night!

And I really liked the "conversation" Bran and the Night King had going back and forth at the end... very well played.

But Dany!?? WTH!?? Your dragons were almost worthless! Burn the newly-raised wights to clear a path for Jon! WTH were you and Drogo doing just sitting there on the ground!!??

Edited by jcjames

44 minutes ago, Beige said:

Don’t think so; in the end group shot it looks like her standing at the right with the small child in front of her.

Edited by sacentaur

Just finished watching it for the second time...wow. Maisie Williams (Arya) said she was worried fans would hate it but I was blown away and thought it was perfect. Loved the interaction between her and Melisandre, especially the look the red witch gave her when she first entered Winterfell like she knew

I also loved the little Mormont girl taking out the zombie giant!

And was the music playing during the climax the same tune that played when Cersei blew up the church in Kings Landing?

On 4/28/2019 at 12:19 AM, Catwomancomics said:

@Foley

When  White Walkers die, they turn to ice and shatter. I would think the Night King would do the same.

Good point, I forgot about that (thumbsu

On 4/28/2019 at 12:27 AM, Domo Arigato said:

She would have to kill him first in order to get his face.  And haven't they already hinted that if he is killed, then all of those that came after him will "die" as well?

Also true. I suppose that would make the endeavor a bit pointless lol 

I've enjoyed GOT for years, but I honestly thought last night's episode was very poor.  Very difficult to tell what was going on most the time, almost no characterization, silly tactical decisions, and an end to the Night King that was (dramatically) weakly set up.  Didn't care for the repetitive musical choices and the long, drawn-out final scenes that (to me) ended with a, 'Huh?  Where did she come from?' moment.  Unsatisfying at best.

One of my least favorite GOT episodes of all time, actually.  Some wonderful visuals and a few cool moments, but mostly a murky mess of repetitive action and weird character decisions/scenes.  Just one person's opinion; not looking to debate anyone.  If you liked it, awesome!

I thought

Spoiler

It was hard to watch, but I'm certain that was the intended effect.

I thought Arya killing the Night King was near perfect. (I actually let out a 'YES' when he crumbled to ice.) My only nitpick is that it didn't involve the weapon Gendry made for her. From the time I saw the plan, I thought its purpose in her mind was to specifically kill the Night King.

A little disappointed that the dead in the crypt were raised. I thought only those recently killed could be raised by the Walkers. A little suspect I think.

What about the other generals? I would have thought they would be independent of the King; being different "beings" from the masses of zombies.

Sorry to see Jorah killed, but it was a good death.

Same for Theon.