• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Do they have an army left after that battle? The majority got slaughtered and the rest are wounded, will be interesting in the next episode to see how many are left.

I thought that episode was the best I've seen so far but I'm sure the next battle will be even better.

I never saw the Knights of the Vale in that Winterfell battle.

6 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

That's not the Night King, that guy is being turned into a White Walker.  They never showed when or how the Night King came about, did they?

Him being created more recently would explain why it took so long for the undead army to march south.  If the Night King had been around for centuries why'd he wait until now to assault Westeros?

The first White Walker created was the Night King.  The Children of the Forest are dead; no more White Walkers or Night Kings.

Magic & tradition drive much of this particular story arc - "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell" - and there wasn't a stark in Winterfell for some time once Theon and the Greyjoys took Winterfell in Season 2.  That's when the White walkers upped their game.  Some kind of blood magic agreement.   Maybe this was expanded upon in the books?

-Also (as an aside) - "The North remembers".  Bran of House Stark becomes the new Three-eyed Raven, who now holds all the memory of Man.

Edited by Unca Ben

35 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I guess since we are doing spoilers now what is the status of the Dragons? Did they both make it? I couldn't really 
see if Jon's made it or not.

YEs, the previews show both dragons. 

I am just really disappointed that Jon's storyline is essentially dead.   Such as waste... all 8 seasons was building him to fight the night king and he didn't even fight the night king at all.  all we got were blue balls.

10 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

YEs, the previews show both dragons. 

I am just really disappointed that Jon's storyline is essentially dead.   Such as waste... all 8 seasons was building him to fight the night king and he didn't even fight the night king at all.  all we got were blue balls.

He'll have to settle for decapitating Cersi.

5 minutes ago, jcjames said:

He'll have to settle for decapitating Cersi.

Yeah, hopefully, he gets some action instead of doing nothing this season...At least, he could have fought that wright dragon, shown that since he was a targaryen and was immune to fire AND THEN  killed the damn dragon... instead we just watched him run around all episode.  just a shame...

15 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

By the way, the actor that took over playing the Night King (Vladimír Furdík) - he's the same actor in that scene where the human is changed into a White Walker.

nightking01.thumb.PNG.7bbc73c635781064833d4085a075974a.PNG

15 Things You Didn't Know About Vladimir Furdik, The Night King

xD

Night King posting about himself to win us over in the end he is a kind fellow.

:sumo:

6 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

What a truly awesome worldwide phenomenon. One would think they're watching a world cup final.

It's incredible the level of emotions invested in this show by such a massive and dedicated audience. I saw a few reaction videos where people were pouring tears as characters were dropping throughout this episode.

Not me, though. I'm a rock!

emotion01.gif.7ff0dfcdadb7b76e56a9ac121ea7ea6e.gif

13 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

By the way, without knowing the actor that played the Night King is also the same actor that was shown having Dragon Glass shoved into his chest, David Benioff says something in this video I realized afterwards.

'We knew it had to be Valyrian steel to the exact spot where the Child of the Forest put the Dragon Glass blade to create the Night King, and he is uncreated by the Valyrian steel.'

A really interesting point.

Edited by Bosco685

16 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

@fantastic_four just so he doesn't miss these details.

Wow, didn't realize the same actor played that guy the Children stabbed AND the Night King.  That almost certainly means he was the Night King both times.

6 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Wow, didn't realize the same actor played that guy the Children stabbed AND the Night King.  That almost certainly means he was the Night King both times.

I had forgotten that little details myself until I researched it yesterday. That's when I realized he was also the White Walker General that Jon kills at Hardhome.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:
9 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I had forgotten that little details myself until I researched it yesterday. That's when I realized he was also the White Walker General that Jon kills at Hardhome.

That tends to weaken it and make him the guy willing to get paid to sit there and have makeup caked on him for 10 hours.  Why'd they re-use the same actor for multiple parts, they just assumed we wouldn't be able to tell?  Which I wasn't, so they were half-right, but then you look this stuff up and you're like WTF?

9 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

That tends to weaken it and make him the guy willing to get paid to sit there and have makeup caked on him for 10 hours.  Why'd they re-use the same actor for multiple parts, they just assumed we wouldn't be able to tell?  Which I wasn't, so they were half-right, but then you look this stuff up and you're like WTF?

xD

Right?

Here is the original actor.

nightking00.PNG.118bcc4eba44e208978f8ad960664d90.PNG

Here is the second.

nightking01.PNG.241dda3f46b8cdd6113de1426c209934.PNG

The first one has more a dragon look to him by design. There are mixed stories why the first actor was replaced. But some chalk it up to scheduling conflict.

In 2015, he appeared on the FX historical fiction drama The Bastard Executioner as Baron Edwin Pryce. Due to scheduling conflicts with The Executioner, Brake was unable to reprise as The Night King for the sixth season of Game of Thrones and was replaced by Vladimir Furdik, one of the shows main stunt performers.