• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Catwomancomics said:

The answer is no, it won’t stop people from using that insult.  Those 3 examples are exceptions to how a typical girl fights.

I personally haven’t used that insult in 9 years.  I prefer to insult others by saying “ You fight like a Samwell Tarly”.

I have two daughters and I use it as high praise in my house.   After seeing the females in my life fight through chronic illnesses and injuries.   "Fight like a girl" is the ultimate compliment.  My daughters even have a t-shirt for breast cancer awareness that has that slogan.

1 minute ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

I have two daughters and I use it as high praise in my house.   After seeing the females in my life fight through chronic illnesses and injuries.   "Fight like a girl" is the ultimate compliment.  My daughters even have a t-shirt for breast cancer awareness that has that slogan.

Thank you for sharing.  Yes, girls/women of all sizes, big or small, are just as tough as boys/men. My comment was to just poke fun and not intended to be taken literally. I congratulate any and all people who fight and battle the struggles in their lives.

18 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

Lets talk about Royce,  leader of the Knights of the Vale. Did anyone see him in the episode 3 battle? Is he alive?

In episode 2, just before Daenarys and Sansa kiss and make up in their conversation, Sansa spoke with Royce.  They talked about when to close the front gate.  What most of us missed was the note being exchanged.  Sansa gave Royce a letter/note.  I believe she dispatched him on a secret mission and that's why he wasn't seen in the battle. Sansa is playing the Game of Thrones quite well.  She has learned and is getting very good at it.

Good point, I completely forgot about Royce hm

15 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

It appears that she did since the blue eyes comment sparked an epiphany for Arya and she quickly departed to go fulfill her destiny.

That whole conversation was brilliant. And then to bring up "What do we says to death?"  "Not today." That's when it clicked for Arya. She knew she was to face death and close it's eyes forever.

Edited by Catwomancomics

1 hour ago, bane said:

Good point, I completely forgot about Royce hm

That scene wasn't about the Royce/Sansa dialogue about the gate.  It was about their actions.  The exchange of that letter/note.  That was the key to Sansa and Royce being seen together. Otherwise, who cares about when the gate should be closed. The show could've had Sansa in a room by herself when Daenerys approached her to make peace.

Just as interesting is the reaction of Daenerys when Sansa asked "What about the North?"   To see Daenerys pull her hand away and Sansa reaction was interesting.

40 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

That scene wasn't about the Royce/Sansa dialogue about the gate.  It was about their actions.  The exchange of that letter/note.  That was the key to Sansa and Royce being seen together. Otherwise, who cares about when the gate should be closed. The show could've had Sansa in a room by herself when Daenerys approached her to make peace.

Just as interesting is the reaction of Daenerys when Sansa asked "What about the North?"   To see Daenerys pull her hand away and Sansa reaction was interesting.

Maybe. Or maybe it was like the Baelish coin exchange with the young girl. Maybe it goes nowhere. 

All I know is I saw Avengers Endgame on Saturday, and then GOT on Sunday. 

I haven't thought ONCE about anything dealing with Avengers or the MCU since seeing GOT S8E3. 

But I've been thinking a lot about what happened and what might happen next in GOT. 

GOT >>> MCU

Edited by jcjames

11 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Maybe. Or maybe it was like the Baelish coin exchange with the young girl. Maybe it goes nowhere. 

Possibly.

IMHO, if it's to go no where, then where was Royce.  We never saw him with the Knights of the Vale before the battle.  Why wasn't he leading them?  Because Brienne was leading them.  We didn't see Royce fall in battle or at the end when survivors were being shown.  I don;t think he was in Winterfell.

4 hours ago, Catwomancomics said:

Lets talk about Royce,  leader of the Knights of the Vale. Did anyone see him in the episode 3 battle? Is he alive?

In episode 2, just before Daenarys and Sansa kiss and make up in their conversation, Sansa spoke with Royce.  They talked about when to close the front gate.  What most of us missed was the note being exchanged.  Sansa gave Royce a letter/note.  I believe she dispatched him on a secret mission and that's why he wasn't seen in the battle. Sansa is playing the Game of Thrones quite well.  She has learned and is getting very good at it.

Good catch. That will be very interesting if he was away on a special mission.

Edited by Bosco685

On 4/22/2019 at 6:25 PM, sacentaur said:

As is mentioned elsewhere, Littlefinger may have faked his own death (a faceless man died instead), which would suit a master manipulator operating behind-the-scenes. Probably still a longshot, but not all that surprising if he ends up being the one.

I also reckon that it wasn't Littlefinger who got executed by Arya...it was a Faceless Man. Arya is following him at Winterfell and sees him talking to a women who says that his time is done. He gives her a coin...probably a Braavosi coin similar to the one Jaqen gives Arya earlier in the show...and she takes his place. He escapes and it's somebody else who the Starks execute.

Littlefinger's family has connections to Braavos (I think he says his grandfather comes from there?) and the Iron Bank of Braavos has just sent Cersei twenty thousand troops...but what if they're not really for her? What if they're really for Littlefinger to take the throne...which is what started the whole thing anyway?

The Faceless Men worship/work for the Many-Faced God and what is the Many-Faced God? It's money. Every coin has a face on it, millions and millions of different ones, so the Faceless Men and the Iron Bank of Braavos are devoted to the same thing.

It could also explain why Arya was allowed to leave Braavos. Jaqen knew that she had a kill-list and what better way to clear a path to the throne than to unleash a motivated assassin on half the nobility of Westeros?

46 minutes ago, Flaming_Telepath said:

I also reckon that it wasn't Littlefinger who got executed by Arya...it was a Faceless Man. Arya is following him at Winterfell and sees him talking to a women who says that his time is done. He gives her a coin...probably a Braavosi coin similar to the one Jaqen gives Arya earlier in the show...and she takes his place. He escapes and it's somebody else who the Starks execute.

Littlefinger's family has connections to Braavos (I think he says his grandfather comes from there?) and the Iron Bank of Braavos has just sent Cersei twenty thousand troops...but what if they're not really for her? What if they're really for Littlefinger to take the throne...which is what started the whole thing anyway?

The Faceless Men worship/work for the Many-Faced God and what is the Many-Faced God? It's money. Every coin has a face on it, millions and millions of different ones, so the Faceless Men and the Iron Bank of Braavos are devoted to the same thing.

It could also explain why Arya was allowed to leave Braavos. Jaqen knew that she had a kill-list and what better way to clear a path to the throne than to unleash a motivated assassin on half the nobility of Westeros?

Talking Thrones did a video on this. Interesting. And, that the same character served in various roles as well.

Hmmmm...

That might be a little far-fetched, but...not entirely impossible.

The thing is, as people have stated, with the Battle Of Winterfell done and dusted, what are they going to do for three more (long) episodes? I can't be as simplistic as trying to defeat Cersei and taking the Iron Throne...this show is too good to go out with a whimper.

There will be at least one huge revelation to come (probably more) and I think unveiling the true protagonist of the story would do the trick. Littlefinger's 'death' was such a quick end to a scheme that had started, and continued through, the entire series. It was too easy and too convenient. It was classic misdirection.

5 minutes ago, Flaming_Telepath said:

The thing is, as people have stated, with the Battle Of Winterfell done and dusted, what are they going to do for three more (long) episodes? I can't be as simplistic as trying to defeat Cersei and taking the Iron Throne...

Why?  It's the title of the show.  Three episodes is a pittance compared to the seasons that preceded it, it'll feel like it's being rushed.  Which I don't really get, still not sure why they're not letting this play out over 2 to 5 more seasons, it certainly could using the same pace the show has used all the way up until now.  Given just three episodes though the obvious expectation would be that at least half of the contenders to the throne get whacked, not just Cersei.

I was also shocked that Littlefinger fell so fast after so many years of complex machinations, so I won't be surprised if he pops back up.

15 minutes ago, Flaming_Telepath said:

Hmmmm...

That might be a little far-fetched, but...not entirely impossible.

The thing is, as people have stated, with the Battle Of Winterfell done and dusted, what are they going to do for three more (long) episodes? I can't be as simplistic as trying to defeat Cersei and taking the Iron Throne...this show is too good to go out with a whimper.

There will be at least one huge revelation to come (probably more) and I think unveiling the true protagonist of the story would do the trick. Littlefinger's 'death' was such a quick end to a scheme that had started, and continued through, the entire series. It was too easy and too convenient. It was classic misdirection.

I agree. It could be a long stretch on this one as now they need to wrap up the show. But like you noted. This massive run of episodes all started with Bran's fall and Little Finger twisting events to his benefit. So it could all come out how he was purposely influencing so much more. Or not at all.

But what a wild concept if this came around to be the intent.

7 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Why?  It's the title of the show.  Three episodes is a pittance compared to the seasons that preceded it, it'll feel like it's being rushed.  Which I don't really get, still not sure why they're not letting this play out over 2 to 5 more seasons, it certainly could using the same pace the show has used all the way up until now.  Given just three episodes though the obvious expectation would be that at least half of the contenders to the throne get whacked, not just Cersei.

I was also shocked that Littlefinger fell so fast after so many years of complex machinations, so I won't be surprised if he pops back up.

It's how simplistic it would be that tells me there's more. I'm sure the siege of Kings Landing would be magnificent, but there's got to be huge twists and turns to make it a satisfying ending.