• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I don't know if Jaime or Arya is going to get her, but I hope it's Jaime and he redeems himself. He's always seemed to be good underneath.

Agreed, regarding Jaime. I doubt it will be Arya, since she already has the biggest kill(so far) under her belt.

Edited by I like pie

At the very end of next week’s trailer, we hear a dragon call and then a skyward seeking Euron immediately gets that “Oh no!” look on his face.

Seems that Dany and Drogon have a surprise in store for us. I wonder what it could be? hm

2 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

At the very end of next week’s trailer, we hear a dragon call and then a skyward seeking Euron immediately gets that “Oh no!” look on his face.

Seems that Dany and Drogon have a surprise in store for us. I wonder what it could be? hm

They need to Armor up Drogon.

They also need to (but they won't) weaponize Bran.

Psychological Warfare man!

Get inside The Mountain's head like he did with Hodor and start taking control of him! Get him to off Cersi!

Come on, think outside the box!

Edited by jcjames

Dany is being severely tested by the death of those close to her - her bodyguard, her translator, another dragon during the fleet ambush, and she sees that Jon has the loyalty of the people. Plus Varys has seemingly lost faith in her, which she apparently doesn’t yet know about.

Dany’s father is said to have gone insane and wanted to burn Kings Landing before Jamie killed him. Now she has a chance to burn Kings Landing, but then again Cersei wouldn’t hesitate to do so either (wildfire) if necessary I would think.

Mad Queens?

Edited by sacentaur

51 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

I was expecting her to double back around behind the ships and fry them since it would have taken the ships a little while to turn around.

+1

I was thinking the same. She could’ve taken them all out.  Guess they need Euron for something else. (shrug)

I dunno - Dany knows she will need a dragon to take the Iron Throne, and risking Drogon at that point may have been unwise so she opted to retreat despite her strong personal feelings (seeing the other dragon shot down).

I don’t think we saw how Euron’s entire fleet was arranged, but she did while riding Drogon. I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by sacentaur

There are so many loose ends to tie up in 3 hrs.

It's impossible tbh.

Oh and Bron is an A grade wanker.  I hope he gets a really dire end.

Something really outside the box?

Spoiler

Jon marries Cersei?

Jon takes one look at Dany and her 350 remaining 'army' and her soon to die dragon and thinks "Bollocks,I'm going home"

Or is the reference in the opening to the crypts of Winterfell to a whole batch of Dragon Eggs which hatch and are loyal to Jon

I genuinely have no idea, but as it stands there Danerys has about 350 men and one dragon, and Jon has about 3,000 exhausted men.

The only unused players are:

The Knights of The Vale (8,000 and Robin was controlled by 'Uncle Peter' - so god knows what will happen there)

Dorne - the new king has sworn to Danerys this week, but why bother?  It's now a Westerosi issue - and they have few ships left and a small army

The Frey men - they have no leader really (some obscure Fray probably took charge) - but there are 8,000 of them.

The Houses of Tully,Martell and Baratheon are destroyed.

With this is mind - why would the Iron Bank instruct the Golden Compass to turn on Cersei?

They always bet on the winner - and with these odds - that's the Lannisters.

The only thing I can think of is that somehow, The Iron Bank,Bravos and The Faceless Men are all under Arya's command.

She IS the faceless man.

She always was.

There IS NO ARYA STARK - ever.

mood mind blown GIF

She therefore controls the Golden Compass - hence her sneaking out for a solo trip to Kings Landing. Bit I doubt that's the case........so genuinely, I have no idea.

Edited by Beige

2 hours ago, Catwomancomics said:

+1

I was thinking the same. She could’ve taken them all out.  Guess they need Euron for something else. (shrug)

Yeah, that was easy pickings for her. All she had to do was go high and circle behind them once they started firing on the ships. That was lazy and rushed writing.

The last few seasons of the show have been somewhat of a letdown for me. Last weeks episode was the culmination of "what happened to this show?". People loved it for the big clash and great music, but the episode made little to no sense and sorta punked out/ruined the main terror driving the show for years (and it did it in a very stupid way, but so be it that's been discussed).

I went into tonight's episode just hoping it would find some way to be better....and dear lord did it not disappoint. Easily the best episode of the show I've ever seen or danm near it.

Ive never been a fan of "ultimate no effort required" Superhuman's in my fiction. Dani on the dragon was becoming that. It was like flying around in a F-15 going to war against guys with spears and longbows. Finally having an army that can not only fight her "instant win no effort required" forces and actually defeat them, it put something back on the line for the battles. It means that this is not just written in stone "they with the dragons shall win" time filler, but it will actually have to be clever. It will have to involve some guile and planning. Now it can be anyone's game to win. I almost wonder if the throne itself will be destroyed and all the kingdoms will go autonomous?

On a side note. Dani has been pretty clearly turning evil/dark for the last few seasons. Anyone else been enjoying her sorta "heel" turn? Also do you think the show will ever make any effort to reveal the Azor Ahai?

8 hours ago, Catwomancomics said:

+1

It's exactly what I was waiting for, and didn't happen. Those Scorpions can rotate from the looks of them. But to do a 180 and shoot through its own ship mast would be quite the tough achievement.

But again, Dany is not the tactician that Tyrion, Jon and even Sansa can be. So to her, a head-on charge was all she knew and saw the dangers ahead of her. So maybe this also demonstrated her weakness in dealing with a larger threat?

It's definitely going to get tricky from here. Varys is ready to switch sides and put Jon on the iron throne. What whispers will go on behind the scenes? The only thing Dany loves more than Jon is the thought of sitting on that throne.  She strikes me as the type to betray Jon if it comes down to it.

Still no sign of Royce. hm

6 hours ago, kimik said:

Yeah, that was easy pickings for her. All she had to do was go high and circle behind them once they started firing on the ships.

How does that help when those spear guns have a 180 degree range?

3 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

How does that help when those spear guns have a 180 degree range?

It's more difficult to fire towards the ships rear. The mast and sails provide blind spots for the shooter.  The front of the ship is more open and is the ideal spot to shoot from going forward.

3 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

It's more difficult to fire towards the ships rear. The mast and sails provide blind spots for the shooter.  The front of the ship is more open and is the ideal spot to shoot from going forward.

Unless they furl the sails, then there's only a degree or two of blind spot for each mast that's far too thin for a dragon to hide behind.

I just re-watched the scene though and I'm not sure those guns have a 180 degree range; I couldn't tell that it could point straight up.  But it's possible it can do that.  But since each ship had one, there's a solution for the area right over a ship, too--just spread the ships out.  The dragon can't be right over all of them at once.

Varys and Tyrions discussion was the highlight of this episode for me. Everything else felt rushed and too engineered by the writers. Less of the writers telling a story and more of a sequence of engineered events to quickly arrive at a conclusion. Looks like next episode we will have two mad queens to deal with.

Edited by RedRaven

2 minutes ago, RedRaven said:

Varys and Tyrions discussion was the highlight of this episode for me. Everything else felt rushed and too engineered by the writers. Less of the writers telling a story and more of a sequence of engineered events to quickly arrive at a conclusion. Looks like next episode we will have two mad queens to deal with.

What do you think Varys has in mind to save those millions of people in Kings Landing he's worried about?

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

But again, Dany is not the tactician that Tyrion, Jon and even Sansa can be. So to her, a head-on charge was all she knew and saw the dangers ahead of her. So maybe this also demonstrated her weakness in dealing with a larger threat?

Let's face it; when it comes to tactics (and to some extent strategy) Dany is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

That she's so headstrong (has she really listened to anybody's advice throughout the series?), is a disturbing thought thinking of her as a supreme ruler.

9 minutes ago, RedRaven said:

I'd like to give the writers the benefit of the doubt and say, well, there isn't much time left, so they are skipping over some exposition, but I don't think that's what's happening.  The "why" certain illogical things happen just doesn't seem to be that important to them anymore.  I wish that was just a Season 8 issue, but It's been ongoing for at least the last few seasons.

If that episode accomplished one thing, it solved HBO's dire wolf problem, I guess.

Edited by Doc McCoy