• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I'm confused by the Tyrion/Targaryen rumors.  Tyrion shares the same mother with Cersei right since she died giving birth to him and that's why Cersei hates him.  Is he not Tywin's son?

In the books it’s mentioned that Aerys took uhm liberties with his hand (Tywin)’s wife on the night of their wedding and it was done to humiliate him because he was popular. It’s believed it happened more than once. The boom sets the whole mad king thing up a lot better then the tell don’t show tv show

2 hours ago, zhamlau said:

See, I think its Jon. I think infact Dani is going to be the source of evil Jon will have to kill in the end.

There’s a theory that  Jon is Azor Ahai and Arya is the sword Lightbringer because Jon gave her Needle. So maybe Arya kills Daenerys when the time comes.

1 hour ago, marvelcollector said:

Did Jamie take Oathkeeper with him? Or was it left with Brienne?

One other old, nagging thought:

What was the story with the guy that gave the dragon eggs as a wedding gift to Dany in the first place?

It always seemed too glossed over to me.

Was it? Illyrio gifted them to Danny. Illyrio is a high ranking member of the free city of pentos, and a targarian loyalist who was working with Varys to restore the targarians to the iron throne. He was the one who brokered the wedding to drogo in exchange for the Dothraki army fighting to restore the targarians to power, while Varys helped Ned discover the true lineage of the Baratheon kids.

I don't think Daenerys is evil, I think she's angry mad (not crazed) and she's toughened up, but she loved Jorah in a way (more so in the books) and the slain dragons were her "children". We forget how young she still is. 

Wasn't she about 15 (supposedly ) when this all started?

13 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I don't think Daenerys is evil, I think she's angry mad (not crazed) and she's toughened up, but she loved Jorah in a way (more so in the books) and the slain dragons were her "children". We forget how young she still is. 

Wasn't she about 15 (supposedly ) when this all started?

13 in the books, believed to be 17 in the show (as 17 years had passed since the sacking of Kings landing and her mother fleeing and giving birth to her on the run).

4 hours ago, shadroch said:

Didn't the dwarf and the Knight encounter a dragon on their way south? It seemed bigger than the three Dany had at the time.

On 5/7/2019 at 7:45 AM, Bosco685 said:
On 5/7/2019 at 7:42 AM, Sardo Numspar said:

Question: when the Night King raised all the fallen soldiers at the end of episode 3, wouldn’t that have meant they would all have turned to dust when the Night King was killed? How were the bodies still around for the funeral scene at the beginning of episode 4?

I wondered that as well. But I think the ones we saw exploding into ice-dust were the White Walkers (generals). The mindless Walkers just fell down in place. I believe.

Yea, only the walkers and the Night King shattered.  They showed Viserion just slumping over and dying, body slammed to the ground and didn't disintegrate.

9 hours ago, jaybuck43 said:

Was it? Illyrio gifted them to Danny. Illyrio is a high ranking member of the free city of pentos, and a targarian loyalist who was working with Varys to restore the targarians to the iron throne. He was the one who brokered the wedding to drogo in exchange for the Dothraki army fighting to restore the targarians to power, while Varys helped Ned discover the true lineage of the Baratheon kids.

I mean the bigger question of how he just happened to come across dragon eggs.

2 minutes ago, marvelcollector said:

It's a really good question.

Here is what one video noted as the details.

45 minutes ago, marvelcollector said:

So the stated answer is "he bought them in the shadowlands".  I think that's the right answer for the show because the show doesn't care about any of the magic elements.  For the books however, I think it's something more than that.  We know that the Targarians still used dragon eggs in birth ceremonies as late as Rhegar's birth.  In fact, thats how the Tragedy at Summerhall occurs, they are trying to hatch dragon's eggs.  Some even believed that they were using dark magic to do so.  My theory is that the eggs given to Dany are actually eggs from the Tragedy at Summerhall which had been infused with dark magic.  Combined with the dark magic involved with Dany (first trying to save her pregnancy and then zombie drogo, was enough to hatch the eggs.  Illyrio got the eggs from Varys who got the eggs from the Targarians. As a loyalist, he smuggled them out of the country just as he did with the kids.

20 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Season 8 Episode 4 was ok until that final scene.  Why would they all be there just to have Cersei say no to surrender?  Also the last dragon was just laying there on the side and Cersei has all those scorpions ready to go.  Made no sense.

It's simple, really....

The showrunners wanted to have one final scene, before the coming battle...with everyone they want you to HATE on one side, and everyone you're supposed to root for on the other....really though, it was to focus ALL the viewers hate on the folks standing on top of that wall...and the beheading at the end was a bit of gratuitous violence to guarantee everyone REALLY REALLY understands who they are supposed to hate and root against. 

It was truly hamfisted in its lack of subtlety. 

6 hours ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Definitely getting the popcorn ready for when the hound takes on his brother, it better happen or I riot :popcorn:

It's certainly all set up for that. 

"There's only one thing that will make me happy.....(grumble grumble grumble)"

And then he and Arya make their way south, the old gang back together again, hit list in hand....to scratch off a few more names before it's all over. 

I'm hoping we'll see just how mindless the Mountain really is when he faces his brother. 

3 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

It's certainly all set up for that. 

"There's only one thing that will make me happy.....(grumble grumble grumble)"

And then he and Arya make their way south, the old gang back together again, hit list in hand....to scratch off a few more names before it's all over. 

I'm hoping we'll see just how mindless the Mountain really is when he faces his brother. 

That's my one concern with the final big brother-against-brother fight. It's not like when they first went at each other.

So are we going to get the same intensity, or a zombie swinging around a massive sword?

Just now, TupennyConan said:

Unregenerate pro-Cersei. Burn him, Ser Gregor. 

There's always got to be one person to root for the one person no one should ever root for..... I am sure there were those rooting for the virus in Outbreak.