• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Huh. Not even close from the structure of the face and the cheeks. Mark Addy's cheeks are not as broad, and actually rather flattened to his face.

Rob_Barath01.thumb.PNG.3007a16679429a3d034299b69de66eb7.PNG

You see zero similarity? Not even taking into account the seven years between photos and makeup/lighting? I hope if I'm ever in a police lineup you're the guy trying to identify me...   :ph34r:

Edited by Black_Adam

I hate to admit it but they have blackened this nearly perfect series by this last season.  I realize they have to get everything taken care of in only a few episodes but they have turned a slow moving masterpiece into a too fast nightmare. People who have been constant for way too long are doing stuff that is so against their character.  Are they going to end it with it all being a dream?

6 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I hate to admit it but they have blackened this nearly perfect series by this last season.  I realize they have to get everything taken care of in only a few episodes but they have turned a slow moving masterpiece into a too fast nightmare. People who have been constant for way too long are doing stuff that is so against their character.  Are they going to end it with it all being a dream?

Bran wakes up and finds Patrick Duffy in the shower.

Edited by bane

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2019/05/13/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-5-recap-and-review-the-battle-of-kings-landing/

I loved this episode and I hated it.

Sunday night's episode of Game of Thrones was . . . incredible. It's bound to be one of the most controversial episodes of television ever made. I loved it and hated it and I think it could have been the perfect culmination of everything this show ever set out to do, if only they'd earned it. If only HBO  had taken the time necessary to get to this insane moment of fire and blood.

Edited by Doc McCoy

1 hour ago, bane said:

Bran wakes up and finds Patrick Duffy in the shower.

I remember watching that episode with my parents when I was in high-school back in 1986. My dad got up and said something to the effect, "well we are never watching that show again". Our Friday ritual for the last 7 years was done.

My only gripe so far was the battle at winterfell being stupidly fought and then the night king getting punked in a nonsense way. Beyond that I’ve really enjoyed this so far.

Does Bronn have another appearance to make, or is his storyline lost in the rush to end the series? hm

If Tyrion is placed in harm’s way by Dany (or Grey Worm), that risks the promise he made to Bronn of High Garden.

Big stakes, and Bronn isn’t the type of guy to leave such a thing to chance.

Edited by sacentaur

8 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Does Bronn have another appearance to make, or is his storyline lost in the rush to end the series? hm

If Tyrion is placed in harm’s way by Dany (or Grey Worm), that risks the promise he made to Bronn of Harrenhal. 

Big stakes, and Bronn isn’t the type of guy to leave such a thing to chance.

:gossip: not Herrenhal, High Garden  (thumbsu

4 hours ago, Catwomancomics said:

Yes you should, go ahead and list them :baiting:

More than a few. So I can see why GRRM recommended HBO go for so many more seasons. Mine I want to know more about:

• Who was the First Man that was transformed into the Night King, and what was his backstory and final goal (other than to destroy all men)?
  • With all those baby boys from Craster converted to Whites, were they the generals of the White Army or was there something else going on? How did that deal even come about between them?
  • What's the deal with the entire Azor Ahai prophecy, and was it only concerning The Others or is it for any threat to the world? If the latter, could this be Dany now turning evil, so therefore she is the threat?

There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him.

• What's with Sandor having fire-visions? Was he meant for something more, or was there the possibility his brother had been consumed by a darker influence and through Qyburn's tampering had opened the door for a new threat to the world that the Lord of Light empowered Sandor to overcome and save the world?

emotion01.gif.637d621c6fd4a4c0933a5c0330fa7bb1.gif

Anyone else notice the little girl carrying her toy white horse while fleeing the city? Then she passes and a white horse appears? I haven’t seen that be mentioned but I found that interesting.