• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, I like pie said:

@Bosco685

HBO explained that scene with the hand was just in a trailer/ad and was fixed for the show. I have yet to rewatch to see.

Although even with that it would seem a mistake, here is the final scene.

They fixed the hand (2:12).

No, HBO Didn't Forget To Edit Jaime Lannister's Hand On "Game Of Thrones"

A picture of Jaime Lannister embracing his sister with his TWO HANDS surfaced online Monday. At first glance, the image looks like a still from Episode 5, "The Bells," showing Jaime and Cersei Lannister reuniting in the burning Red Keep.

So where did the unedited image come from? Every week HBO releases photographs immediately after Game of Thrones airs. And while the picture of Jaime and Cersei isn't on HBO's website now, a cached version of the page shows that it WAS up earlier today. And, as show photographer Helen Sloan told BuzzFeed News, most of these photos are taken on set, before CGI.

sub-buzz-17827-1557777151-2.jpg?downsize

NO, Jaime Lannister's hand didn't mysteriously grow back in this episode. This picture isn't from the show.

58 minutes ago, shadroch said:

What am I missing? Mercenary Captain is on a white hose with bangs. Dragon flies by and wipes out the mercs. We see a picture of the horse, seemingly dead. 

Later, out of what must be tens of thousands of dead people and animals, the now revived horse and Arya team up. 

Death rides a pale horse. Can we get any more cliché?

It took twenty years but Sienfield no longer has the worst wrap up of any popular series.

I vote for Dexter as the worse show ending ever.

Brienne will be preggers with Jaime's baby: Lannister name continues

Arya will be preggers with Gendry's baby: Baratheon/Stark continues

Dany will be preggers with Jon's baby: Targayeran/Stark name continues

Bran will do whatever it is he does and the whole night king thingy will reoccur in another 1000 years.

I think episode 6 will be more of an epilogue showing Dany's Targayeran rule. Like a vicious cycle.

Hope i am completely wrong, but i don't know how they "end" this in the present without a bad taste in everyone's mouth

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

What am I missing? Mercenary Captain is on a white hose with bangs. Dragon flies by and wipes out the mercs. We see a picture of the horse, seemingly dead. 

Later, out of what must be tens of thousands of dead people and animals, the now revived horse and Arya team up. 

It took twenty years but Sienfield no longer has the worst wrap up of any popular series.

I’m not 100% sure, but I think some of the Dothraki had white horses too. I would have to rewatch to verify.

3 minutes ago, Casablanca said:

Brienne will be preggers with Jaime's baby: Lannister name continues

Arya will be preggers with Gendry's baby: Baratheon/Stark continues

Dany will be preggers with Jon's baby: Targayeran/Stark name continues

Bran will do whatever it is he does and the whole night king thingy will reoccur in another 1000 years.

I think episode 6 will be more of an epilogue showing Dany's Targayeran rule. Like a vicious cycle.

Hope i am completely wrong, but i don't know how they "end" this in the present without a bad taste in everyone's mouth

Get ready for that bad taste. Everyone that has read the reddit spoilers say it’s coming.

19 minutes ago, solm4st3r said:

I vote for Dexter as the worse show ending ever.

I'm not sure if this last episode of Veep is the final, but seeing how she is dead, I'm guessing it was.  The last five minutes was Seinfeld bad. 

Never seen Dexter.

58 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I'm not sure if this last episode of Veep is the final, but seeing how she is dead, I'm guessing it was.  The last five minutes was Seinfeld bad. 

Never seen Dexter.

I thought the Veep finale was brilliant. It was a great contrast to how GoT has been going. 

Just now, Kon_Jelly said:

I thought the Veep finale was brilliant. It was a great contrast to how GoT has been going. 

Did you really?  What parts did you like? Selena turning her back on her only child just to get some gay hating preacher to back her? Her turning Tibet back to China to keep the Chinese from exposing her secret? Her banning gay marriage? Her abandoning everything she kind of stood for just to get back into power. What she did to  Gary?  For a comedy, a hilarious comedy at that, to end on such a dark note sucked. Obviously, you disagree. What did you like about it?

This whole season was pretty bad. The abortion episode crossed quite a few lines, including that of good taste. 

11 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Did you really?  What parts did you like? Selena turning her back on her only child just to get some gay hating preacher to back her? Her turning Tibet back to China to keep the Chinese from exposing her secret? Her banning gay marriage? Her abandoning everything she kind of stood for just to get back into power. What she did to  Gary?  For a comedy, a hilarious comedy at that, to end on such a dark note sucked. Obviously, you disagree. What did you like about it?

This whole season was pretty bad. The abortion episode crossed quite a few lines, including that of good taste. 

Did we watch the same show? She never stood for anything, which was why those decisions were 100% on brand for her. The entire show was her doing whatever she could to be president, no matter who or what was in her way.

34 minutes ago, shadroch said:

If you thought Selena was ever the "hero" you weren't watching the show very carefully. She's ALWAYS been the worst person on the show. That was the point. 

Will the next episode end with someone (a new king or queen) literally sitting on the throne?  The camera pulls back and everyone is cheering/bending the knee?  Or...The camera pulls back and everyone is dead?

I wonder if half the episode will be be the fallout of what just happened, a new king/queen crowned, and then the second half will jump forward a few years once the cleanup has taken place and everyone in Westeros is getting back on their feet, or ....... perhaps the seeds of the next GOT will be planted.

5 hours ago, comix4fun said:

If you thought Selena was ever the "hero" you weren't watching the show very carefully. She's ALWAYS been the worst person on the show. That was the point. 

I never said she was the hero. She was a very ambitious politician but she wasn't evil. She was out of her depth but not evil.  Aside from that, the series was a comedy. When in the second half of the show did you laugh?   How about we turn into next weeks GOTs and find a comedy troupe two hundred years in the future performing a Monty Python like reenactment of the War of the Starks where we watch John make love to his queen ,only to slit her throat. As the crowd roars, John stands and rips his face .  The camera pans out and we see a newly constructed statue of Cersi, and Lannister banners flying high.

Turning a lovable loser into a monster in the last fifteen minutes didn't work for me. It did for others. When I binge watch it in a few years, I suspect I'll skip the whole final season.  I really enjoyed  the earlier seasons although I didn't have HBO until season 3 and no On Demand so I'd see the earlier episodes haphazardly. Before this season started I rewatched it all and was really looking forward to this one. 

No big deal. It's a show and whatever replaces it may be better.  

8 hours ago, shadroch said:

Arya Stark is wearing some pretty thick plot armour.