• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,371 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Although even with that it would seem a mistake, here is the final scene.

They fixed the hand (2:12).

Despite the fixing of the hand, my wife reinforced how weak a death scene this was.  It did not dawn on her that this was the death of both Jamie and Cerise.  I told her that it was their death, and she quickly pointed out Arya just had tons of drop on her and was still alive (yeah plot armor), so by extension this is not necessarily the end of them.  I pointed out from what I have seen online that this was their death.  Her response was now I am even more disappointed. 

Edited by drotto

4 minutes ago, drotto said:

Despite the fixing of the hand, my wife reinforced how weak a death scene this was.  It did not dawn on her that this was the death of both Jamie and Cerise.  I told her that it was their death, and she quickly pointed out Arya just had tons of drop on her and was still alive (yeah plot armor), so by extension this is not necessarily the end of them.  I pointed out from what I have seen online that this was their death.  Her response was now I am even more disappointed. 

It really was an odd end to two major characters.

Plus, with Jaime just bailing on Brienne like that after all he had realized about the Lannisters and his sister especially seemed like they just wanted to force him back into the arms of his sister for that quick death scene. It feels like the show-runners just gave up.

39 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Wha?!?  He makes a FINE lumberjack!  (tsk)

635724764858198258-AP-Spoiler-Entitlemen

That last season was just a major :facepalm:.

With that said, I watched the last episode of Dexter the night before watching Man of Steel. The final scene of Dexter was a perfect handoff to Man of Steel. I wonder if Clark and Dex ever ran into each other on job site.

22 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Plus, with Jaime just bailing on Brienne like that after all he had realized about the Lannisters and his sister especially seemed like they just wanted to force him back into the arms of his sister for that quick death scene. It feels like the show-runners just gave up.

After spending most of the their lives going in and out of buildings it was a fitting end that one would fall on them. (:

14 hours ago, shadroch said:

I'm not sure if this last episode of Veep is the final, but seeing how she is dead, I'm guessing it was.  The last five minutes was Seinfeld bad. 

Never seen Dexter.

It's as if buildings fall on people - and no one ever survives.

9 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Who would have guessed a casual browse into the Game of Thrones thread would have completely spoiled the end of Veep for me?  :fear: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yep - same for me.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

That's how it felt to me as well.

Of all the really bad things that happened in the episode, I think this might be my least favorite of all.  It just made no sense.  Nothing over the past few seasons hinted that Jamie was still in love with Cersei, or her with him.  Heck, she had just sent Bronn up to kill him two episodes prior.  

Edited by chrisco37

1 hour ago, drotto said:

Cersi got the near-perfect death of a cruel tyrant. Killed like a lowly nobody.

The only flaw was that Jaime was with her. They should have died separately. 

9 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Substitute the Mountain for Juggernaut and Cersei for Deadpool and THIS would have been the perfect death.  :cloud9:  (:

ThreadbareSardonicEyelashpitviper-size_r

Edited by fantastic_four

57 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

That's how it felt to me as well.

Of all the really bad things that happened in the episode, I think this might be my least favorite of all.  It just made no sense.  Nothing over the past few seasons hinted that Jamie was still in love with Cersei, or her with him.  Heck, she had just sent Bronn up to kill him two episodes prior.  

All that character growth Jamie went through just to end up back where he started, what a waste.

10 minutes ago, bane said:

All that character growth Jamie went through just to end up back where he started, what a waste.

Wouldn't it be nice, from the viewer's perspective, if he didn't waste his developing virtue?  I think his choice to return to Cersei is more revelatory of the continuing presence of deficient virtue (however small or large) rather than the writer's decision to get "out of Dodge" while the ratings are high ... My criticism is of the lack of time dedicated to revealing his deficiencies over the course of this short season.  My son said to me this morning on the way into work that HBO was willing to provide the budget for more episodes to be created this season ... Can anyone verify this?

47 minutes ago, bane said:

Why? He realised he still loved her and couldn't live without her, so he went back to her.

I mean, people do this all the time in real life, so to suddenly think that fictional characters can't behave the same way is baffling to me.

I wish he hadn't gone back to her, I wished he'd stayed at Winterfell with the 'Big woman' but I understand completely why he didn't

1 hour ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

Wouldn't it be nice, from the viewer's perspective, if he didn't waste his developing virtue?  I think his choice to return to Cersei is more revelatory of the continuing presence of deficient virtue (however small or large) rather than the writer's decision to get "out of Dodge" while the ratings are high ... My criticism is of the lack of time dedicated to revealing his deficiencies over the course of this short season.  My son said to me this morning on the way into work that HBO was willing to provide the budget for more episodes to be created this season ... Can anyone verify this?

I don’t think HBO and the budget were in question.  D and D didn’t want more episodes. They wanted to wrap the series up in as little time/episodes as possible so they could move onto something new. (STAR WARS)

Edit: After season 6 they gave their outline for seasons 7 and 8 and decided then how many episodes were left.

Edited by Catwomancomics

2 hours ago, jcjames said:

One thing I saw mentioned somewhere else was, if Tyrion knew of this secret entrance into the keep, why not send in a small squad to take out Cersei directly? Then no battle, no thousands of lives lost, no destruction of the city.

3 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

I don’t think HBO and the budget were in question.  D and D didn’t want more episodes. They wanted to wrap the series up in as little time/episodes as possible so they could move onto something new. (STAR WARS)

Edit: After season 6 they gave their outline for seasons 7 and 8 and decided then how many episodes were left.

Welp, there goes the last remnant of the Star Wars franchise.

3 hours ago, RedRaven said:

Well. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Here's a theory. Let's just mangle the heck out of the ending, so people will have interest in George's books when they come out years from now to see how it should have been handled.