• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,371 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Xenosmilus said:

God, the The Wheel of Time series was horrible.

Agreed. It started well but by the end of book 5 I couldn't stomach any more (I hear the series finally finished with 16 books written).

3 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Agreed. It started well but by the end of book 5 I couldn't stomach any more (I hear the series finally finished with 16 books written).

It was fourteen books in total and Brandon Sanderson wrote the final three from Jordan's notes.

Books five through eleven were pretty dire but Sanderson didn't do too bad a job of wrapping it up.

19 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Book 5 is exactly my cutoff. 

I went back and reread the early books recently and all of them have issues, but the first three are especially fun. Rose colored nostalgia glasses help.

59 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I thought that was a good ending. With plenty of room for follow-up specials.

I can live with it, but to quote Jon Snow “It doesn’t feel right”.

Fingers crossed that we eventually see the books.

My biggest issue: 

Spoiler

Would it have been too much to ask for them to give Jon one kingly act and have him order Drogon to burn the throne instead of cowering down?  He is a damn Targaryen /Stark after all.

Edited by Doc McCoy
Moved spoiler

13 minutes ago, kimik said:

This was a great ending to the series. It really was the only logical way to do it.

I would have liked seeing John mount the dragon after killing Danny and burinng the Unsully (while Ghost came down South and got on the dragons back with John) :roflmao:.  Then John, Ghost and the Dragon flying North beyond the Wall saying F- you guys I'm outta here. I'm sort of joking but that would have been more satisfying.

Edited by Xenosmilus

6 minutes ago, kimik said:

I’m your huckleberry 

I just wanted to say that, in my opinion - having read the books - I thought the series hit it out of the park. The books are great for the wealth of background but plot-wise there were only two relatively major differences I remember and it will be interesting to see where GRRM takes the novels going forward (I'm assuming his notes fueled the plot for seasons 6-8) and I would be surprised if there is any huge divergence from where the series ended other than perhaps following the main characters past the final episode (I really wanted to see a final scene where Bran worgs into Drogon and sees him carrying Daenerys to a cave slowly revealed to be filled with dragon eggs - and the final scene is her letting out a gasp a la Jon Snow as her eyes open wide).

2 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I would have liked seeing John mount the dragon after killing Danny and burinng the Unsully (while Ghost came down South and got on the dragons back with John) :roflmao:.  Then John, Ghost and the Dragon flying North saying F- you guys I'm outta here. I'm sort of joking but that would have been more satisfying.

I was hoping for the same thing as I was watching it. Get on Drogon and burn the Unsullied and the Dothraki armies.

1 minute ago, Catwomancomics said:

I was hoping for the same thing as I was watching it. Get on Drogon and burn the Unsullied and the Dothraki armies.

I believe when I read the novella the Princess and the Queen it explained that the dragons and their riders bond for life and will accept no other rider - not even after death.