• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,371 posts in this topic

Just now, jcjames said:

We had what, at least 5-6 seasons of her saying she's going to "take" the throne, "destroy" all he oppose her. What more of look into her state of mind do you need after 6 years of her saying she's going to do exactly what she did and why she was going to do it?

I DONT KNOW WHAT MORE I NEED BUT IT DOES NOT COMPUTE FOR ME AND OBVIOUSLY IM NOT THE ONLY ONE

#allcapsrage

Last episode it looked as if Jaime and Cersei were buried in an avalanche of rubble yet in the episode it looks as if just a few rocks fell on them as Tyrion found them practically right away.  I’m glad Tyrion got to say a proper goodbye to his siblings but I didn’t like the concept of him walking in and finding their remains in 5 seconds.

Sansa was kind of nasty these last few episodes.

Her telling Jon at the end "I'm sorry it was the only way..." felt a lot like the banishment to Night's Watch was her idea, and a punishment for not detaching herself from Daenerys earlier. Jon's silence after that comment made me think he possibly felt that way too, but was just too tired of all the arguing and fighting and death that he just didn't care to fight or argue anymore.

The show, instead of showing the path of her becoming a strong woman, did a better job of making her look like an argumentative, jealouse b**ch.

2 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

Her telling Jon at the end "I'm sorry it was the only way..." felt a lot like the banishment to Night's Watch was her idea, and a punishment for not detaching herself from Daenerys earlier. Jon's silence after that comment made me think he possibly felt that way too, but was just too tired of all the arguing and fighting and death that he just didn't care to fight or argue anymore.

The show, instead of showing the path of her becoming a strong woman, did a better job of making her look like an argumentative, jealouse b**ch.

Sansa was forceful these last few episodes and would not take any shiote...not from Dany, not from Jon. She simply wanted an independent North and did what was required.

She also knew that Jon neither wanted to be king, nor would he be any good at it. She also knew that to have him hanging around would be a disaster waiting to happen. He was, after all, the last Targaryen and that's not something you want known.

I thought she was the most regal of the sorry bunch.

On 2nd viewing I like this episode a little more. I didn’t like the small council at first being jovial and a little lost, these are dark times of death. But you know once a war is over you would hope to be happy again even if for brief times with friends. That doesn’t bother me now, having a moment when the suffering lifts.

I also like that people now have to win the support of all the kingdoms leaders to hold the overall throne, no bloodlines. Now only smarter more capable leaders who can convince others to follow them will lead. 

I’d like to see a spinoff about Arya to the west, Jon to the North, and Sansa being the head of the independent kingdom. Call it “House Stark” (Jon basically still is).

10 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

She's always been nasty. But at least she freed the North.

Littlefinger is Bran;

Drogon took Dany to be revived by a red woman;

Sansa is the prince the was promised;

Jon will become the new Night King;

Jamie and Cersei were only pretending to be dead to fool Tyrion.

Discuss.

3 hours ago, Anfield Fox said:

Anyone notice Jon did to Daenerys exactly the same thing that the Night's Watch did to him for what both believed to be justied reasons. Then Jon came back to life. Daenerys is taken away and not seen again. The show may be over but the story doesn't end there, at least not in our minds.

I think maybe it's not quite the same thing. The night watch stabbed Jon because they felt Jon was treasonous with the enemy. Jon stabs Dany because he fears what she will do in the future.

I think Drogon returned with her to their place of birth in Essos and will cremate her there...and then fly off into legend.

7 minutes ago, marvelcollector said:

I think maybe it's not quite the same thing. The night watch stabbed Jon because they felt Jon was treasonous with the enemy. Jon stabs Dany because he fears what she will do in the future.

I think Drogon returned with her to their place of birth in Essos and will cremate her there...and then fly off into legend.

She was born in Westeros (Dragonstone).

Loved the series and the final episode was great just as it was. It's clear that in this day and age of instant gratification of every whim via app, and the ability to find any echo chamber of our liking, that anything and everything is going to be criticized. But I don't own the show and am simply happy to have experienced it over the years.

John Snow's fate was the biggest surprise to me. With the wars he always had something to do but as they ended by his hand, it makes sense that he needed something to do that fit with his persona. Night's Watch - sounds good to me.

I can see the council of leaders disgusted so much by the capitol being burned to the ground that they just upend everything. Tyrion as a spokesperson was a little awkward but if noone else would offer any ideas, I can't see his character sitting still. Arya going on her mission to wherever - fitting. Sansa being the queen of Winterfell - just right.

Great show. Going to miss it. I guess I'll see how the prequels measure up.

48 minutes ago, jcjames said:
4 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Why exactly did Drogon burn the throne?  I get that he was upset about Dany's death, but I didn't get why he focused his fire right on the throne and as soon as it melted he stopped.  Was it incidental and he didn't realize what was in front of him, or was it intentional?

And why the heck didn't he gobble Jon up in one bite?  Are we to assume it's just because he's Targaryen?  Targaryen or not, he just killed his "mom."  I had no idea why he didn't focus his rage on Jon but instead pointed away from him and at the throne.  ???

Dragons are supposed to be highly intelligent (even somewhat telepathic). He knew what and why Jon did what he did. Drogon mourned the loss of his mother, knew it was all because of that fing Iron Throne, and knew Jon had no choice. Drogon spared Jon because he knew.

He knew then, but not the day before when he's the one who roasted thousands of people alive?  ???

Enjoyed the final episode, considering the pace of events, I thought they pulled it off quite well.  

Only a couple things that I questioned.  Greyworm takes Jon prisoner for 2 weeks instead of executing him when he has just killed their precious queen?  

Immediately after Jon kills Dany, Drogon comes down, destroys the iron throne and flies off with Dany's body.  So how does anyone else know what really happened at that point besides Jon?  Jon could have easily walked out of there and told everyone that Dany flew away with Drogon and she just never comes back.  

The series gave us too much too early and in the end the writers were incapable of making it all pay off in a meaningful way. So, we were left with plot and character developments that never materialized into any sort of actionable resolution. So much left on the table. At the least the night king and battle there-of should have been an entire season, followed by another season dealing with Cersei and the aftermath. It still befuddles me why Hollywood isn't at my door throwing mad money at me to solve to solve these issues. :acclaim:

5 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Enjoyed the final episode, considering the pace of events, I thought they pulled it off quite well.  

Only a couple things that I questioned.  Greyworm takes Jon prisoner for 2 weeks instead of executing him when he has just killed their precious queen?  

Immediately after Jon kills Dany, Drogon comes down, destroys the iron throne and flies off with Dany's body.  So how does anyone else know what really happened at that point besides Jon?  Jon could have easily walked out of there and told everyone that Dany flew away with Drogon and she just never comes back.  

That would never happen with Jon. He seems to be incapable of lying even when it involves lying to very bad people for a very good reason.  After all, he was raised by the Honorable Ned Stark!

If you’re going to be aggravated with anyone, it should be GRRM. He’s the one who dropped the ball and didn’t finish the story that he was supposed to. The show runners were hired to adapt, not write, this series.  The last couple seasons have trailed off but I have to give the double D’s a pass for this. 

I was disappointed with the finale. So many illogic things.

How could Jon Snow kill so easily Daenerys? She was always surrounded by bodyguards and suddenly she is alone in the burned castle?

What is the point with Arya and the white horse? We didn't see too much of her in the last episode. Was she not supposed to kill people with green eyes?

Tyrion finds the dead bodies of his brother and sister in just a few minutes?! Come on...

Even though I am disappointed with this last season, this was one of the TV shows ever. I feel empty and sad now that this is over :frown: