• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, RedRaven said:

So can we agree that the true monster of the series was Bran who, after becoming the three eyed raven, used his prescience to coldly engineer his place his place as King?

Yes, but only in the sense of can we agree Monday morning, with the prescience of hindsight, in retrospect, retroactively, positing today the presuppositions of yesterday, an après-coup, a sort of inverted prolepsis and vice versa, an uncanny temporal displacement. the signifier falling into the signified, the predicate displacing the subject, the enunciated formulating the enunciation, &c.    

The tautology is as such: Bran the Broken is Jamie Lannister.  

A Lannister always pays their debts.   

5 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

Yes, but only in the sense of can we agree Monday morning, with the prescience of hindsight, in retrospect, retroactively, positing today the presuppositions of yesterday, an après-coup, a sort of inverted prolepsis and vice versa, an uncanny temporal displacement. the signifier falling into the signified, the predicate displacing the subject, the enunciated formulating the enunciation, &c.    

The tautology is as such: Bran the Broken is Jamie Lannister.  

A Lannister always pays their debts.   

Someone just exhausted their comma allotment.

The final episode of "Game of Thrones" brought in a series record of 19.3 million viewers.

The finale, titled "The Iron Throne," broke the record set by last weekend's episode, "The Bells," for which 18.4 million viewers tuned in.

The viewership for "The Iron Throne" includes 13.6 million people who watched the episode on HBO at 9 p.m. Sunday night, making it the most-watched telecast in the network's history, according to HBO. The rest were viewers who watched an encore presentation, or who streamed the show with the HBO Go or HBO Now apps.

"Game of Thrones" numbers are pretty big by TV standards. For example, "The Big Bang Theory," one of TV's most popular sitcoms, nabbed 18 million viewers for its finale this week.

Season eight of the series is averaging 44.2 million viewers per episode when you account for delayed viewing.

10 hours ago, bane said:
  Hide contents

And when he does the unthinkable I didn't really care.

What he does to Dany really brought no emotion from me because its all been rushed to get there.

All of the deaths in this show for me at least have brought forth some emotion... 

Ned Stark
Red Wedding - I shouted at the TV that I could not believe this was happening.
Joffrey - I rejoiced when he breathed his last.
Walder Frey & Littlefinger - I loved it when Arya slit their throats
Ramsay Bolton - When Sansa feeds him to the hounds after Jon beats the out of him, awesome.
Jorah - protecting his queen was great
Theon - redeemed, great scene

Jon stabbing Dany, didn't care. I should have, it should have brought some emotion but I didn't care.

To be honest season 8 has made Jon Snow nothing more than a bland secondary character sat on the sidelines, I've been disappointed with the way he's been handled. My opinion of course.

But others did care.

9 hours ago, Anfield Fox said:

That might be because a death of a character in a final episode does not hold as much emontional weight as it would if it happened earlier. Live or die you will never see them again anyway but if a favourite character is written out during the run of a show and you no longer get to see that character it leaves you wanting more.

Or you could just be a simpleton :baiting:

:roflmao:

9 hours ago, bane said:

No that's not it. The rushed manner in the way we got to the end is what deprived of the scene of the emotional weight. :baiting:

Not for everyone.

Wouldn't it have been great if the last shot was of the dragon in the snowy north beyond the wall, Danny at its feet, and her eyes flick open as the Night Queen?

One of you guys should get on that as fan fiction.