• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,371 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

So, I take it Varys' message about Jon's true lineage never got disseminated. Or if it did, I guess the council just didn't care.

Unfortunately. I guess that paper and his hiding place went in the bin with all the deeper backstories.

14 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

So, I take it Varys' message about Jon's true lineage never got disseminated. Or if it did, I guess the council just didn't care.

I asked this very question some pages back. Did his notes get out and to who?

1 minute ago, bane said:

It showed him burning at least one letter.  They may be meant to imply none were sent out.

1 minute ago, bane said:

Ah, sorry for missing that. I thought for sure it would have been addressed with any time jump, no matter how small.

2 minutes ago, bane said:

I'm not sure it even matters. Four people on that council AND Tyrion knew his heritage, including the soon-to-be-appointed king. The fact that none of them even mentioned it is insane. 

8 minutes ago, Kon_Jelly said:

. The fact that none of them even mentioned it is insane. 

That time was allotted to the Tyrion chair straightening scene. (thumbsu

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

George R.R. Martin is sharing his thoughts on the ending of Game of Thrones on his Not a Blog. After eight seasons, Martin says “it is hard to believe it is over,” thanking the cast, crew, show-runners David Benioff and Dan Weiss, co-executive producer Bryan Cogman, and the team at HBO. The author of A Song of Ice and Fire book series on which the series is based, also addressed question of whether the book ending would be different than that of the show.

"Well… yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes."

"I am working in a very different medium than David and Dan, never forget. They had six hours for this final season. I expect these last two books of mine will fill 3000 manuscript pages between them before I’m done… and if more pages and chapters and scenes are needed, I’ll add them. And of course the butterfly effect will be at work as well; those of you who follow this Not A Blog will know that I’ve been talking about that since season one. There are characters who never made it onto the screen at all, and others who died in the show but still live in the books… so if nothing else, the readers will learn what happened to Jeyne Poole, Lady Stoneheart, Penny and her pig, Skahaz Shavepate, Arianne Martell, Darkstar, Victarion Greyjoy, Ser Garlan the Gallant, Aegon VI, and a myriad of other characters both great and small that viewers of the show never had the chance to meet. And yes, there will be unicorns… of a sort…"

"Book or show, which will be the “real” ending? It’s a silly question. How many children did Scarlett O’Hara have?"

He also promised he would eventually finish the long-delayed The Winds of Winter but would not reveal a timeline.

THE WINDS OF WINTER is very late, I know, I know, but it will be done. I won’t say when, I’ve tried that before, only to burn you all and jinx myself… but I will finish it, and then will come A DREAM OF SPRING.

I heard about GRRM comment this morning and I think he might end the books in a similar way to the show but with more content and details.

As for the show it was an ok ending I thought. I agree with many of the comments that it felt a little to rushed and I still kind of want more story; like where do Drogon take Danny? Why was Bran so interested in finding Drogon (specially being his last words for the show)? 

But also sad that so many things were brought up in the show and never really discussed or answered: such as Varys birds/notes, all the prophecies, etc.. Oh well was a great series and enjoyed the adventure and story.

I am looking forward to the spin off or maybe the possibility of reviving the show in a few years to start the Game of Thrones again with Sansa as the Tyrant or New Ned Stark, John as the new Night King and maybe Tyrion betraying Bran and taking over Kings landing and becoming like his Sister or something like that. LOL. (a little fan fiction again)

2 hours ago, Kon_Jelly said:

I'm not sure it even matters. Four people on that council AND Tyrion knew his heritage, including the soon-to-be-appointed king. The fact that none of them even mentioned it is insane. 

Not really. Ties to a brother >>>> cousin, and Tyrion has a soft spot for Sansa. 

Like I said, Bran is the real evil mastermind behind things. He can see the past, present and likely future as well. That is why he gave John a choice re: telling Sansa and Arya. Taking the red pill meant one result, and the blue pill another. He knew the outcomes. All in Westeros should fear Bran the Broken.......

2 hours ago, drotto said:

It showed him burning at least one letter.  They may be meant to imply none were sent out.

In the previous scene it looked like there were two or three on the table ready to go (by raven presumably). In the scene where he burns the one he's writing, they're gone.

The smoking thing, in any form, is a sin, in the far greatest part, beyond the borders of the US.

Think about the stench.