• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,371 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kimik said:

Not really. Ties to a brother >>>> cousin, and Tyrion has a soft spot for Sansa. 

Like I said, Bran is the real evil mastermind behind things. He can see the past, present and likely future as well. That is why he gave John a choice re: telling Sansa and Arya. Taking the red pill meant one result, and the blue pill another. He knew the outcomes. All in Westeros should fear Bran the Broken.......

I'm not sure what you're referring to with the brother/cousin thing. The point is that 5 people in that conversation knew who the rightful heir to the throne is, and no one even mentioned it. I'm not saying Jon had to be king, but the fact that it doesn't even come up as a topic of conversation is baffling.

And while I agree with you that Bran is an evil little poopyface, I'm not sure I agree that he knew the "outcomes" plural. That implies that he can see alternative futures, although saying he can see the future also implies that there is no free will, so I'm not sure which is the better option there. 

Edited by Kon_Jelly
the swear filter on this forum is annoying

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

Minus the health risks.

The medical community is still studying if there are health risks.  The early feelings are there are risks, but unlike smoking,  the research is in earlier stages and incomplete.

4 minutes ago, drotto said:

The medical community is still studying if there are health risks.  The early feelings are there are risks, but unlike smoking,  the research is in earlier stages and incomplete.

There are two brands of pseudoscience--ideas that jump the gun and are presented as scientific consensus or just outright facts, and ideas that lag behind consensus and ignore it in part or full.  In the case of the vast majority of GMOs and most vaping devices, people are jumping the gun.  Glad to see you not doing that.

Do you have a sense for how the potential risks scale in severity with every other risk you face in daily life?

The thing that disgusts me about vaping is that a certain segment of users figure that since it isnt a cig, they can do it wherever they want, regardless if other people are around. The funny part is when they are sneaking a hit as if people cant hear and smell it while doing it.

16 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

There are two brands of pseudoscience--ideas that jump the gun and are presented as scientific consensus or just outright facts, and ideas that lag behind consensus and ignore it in part or full.  In the case of the vast majority of GMOs and most vaping devices, people are jumping the gun.  Glad to see you not doing that.

Do you have a sense for how the potential risks scale in severity with every other risk you face in daily life?

The two known issues with vaping are as follows.  With the nicotine containing products, the oils are very concentrated.  This level of concentration is toxic especially to children if the oil is drunk directly and not vaped. Since many of these oils come in kid friendly flavors, children are ingesting the oils and it is causing toxicities. Second, people are making vaping products that contain other addictive drugs (like marijuana) and vaping those.  When you vape a known drug it will have the same potential risks as the traditional administration methods.  Also if the vape oils contains any potential toxic or addictive product you are taking that into your body.

1 hour ago, drotto said:

The two known issues with vaping are as follows.  With the nicotine containing products, the oils are very concentrated.  This level of concentration is toxic especially to children if the oil is drunk directly and not vaped. Since many of these oils come in kid friendly flavors, children are ingesting the oils and it is causing toxicities. Second, people are making vaping products that contain other addictive drugs (like marijuana) and vaping those.  When you vape a known drug it will have the same potential risks as the traditional administration methods.  Also if the vape oils contains any potential toxic or addictive product you are taking that into your body.

This is veering extremely off topic at this point, but is your argument against vaping seriously "think of the children"?  I've never had a cigarette or a vape but that sounds ridiculous. 

Also the fact that THC concentrates exist is not a "known issue with vaping". :eyeroll:

So , in the end there is still a Nights Watch. I would think that anyone that has said the oath in the past should still be apart of the Nights Watch. 

Wasn’t Samwell Tarly sent to the Citadel by Jon Snow to become the Maester of the Nights Watch? How the heck did he get to stay in Kings Landing and also father a child without punishment?

hm

Edited by Catwomancomics

57 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

So , in the end there is still a Nights Watch. I would think that anyone that has said the oath in the past should still be apart of the Nights Watch. 

Wasn’t Samwell Tarly sent to the Citadel by Jon Snow to become the Maester of the Nights Watch? How the heck did he get to stay in Kings Landing and also father a child without punishment?

hm

I guess Sam sort of forgot about the Night's Watch...