• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,371 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, drotto said:
11 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

There are two brands of pseudoscience--ideas that jump the gun and are presented as scientific consensus or just outright facts, and ideas that lag behind consensus and ignore it in part or full.  In the case of the vast majority of GMOs and most vaping devices, people are jumping the gun.  Glad to see you not doing that.

Do you have a sense for how the potential risks scale in severity with every other risk you face in daily life?

The two known issues with vaping are as follows.  With the nicotine containing products, the oils are very concentrated.  This level of concentration is toxic especially to children if the oil is drunk directly and not vaped. Since many of these oils come in kid friendly flavors, children are ingesting the oils and it is causing toxicities. Second, people are making vaping products that contain other addictive drugs (like marijuana) and vaping those.  When you vape a known drug it will have the same potential risks as the traditional administration methods.  Also if the vape oils contains any potential toxic or addictive product you are taking that into your body.

I'll summarize that by saying it's FAR less dangerous than climbing into a car, but around as or less dangerous than drinking a Pepsi.

I hadn't thought about kids drinking the vaping oil.  I'm now inspired to drop my two year crusade to end the scourge of Tide pods in America and will now focus on vaping oil manufacturers.  :mad:

Edited by fantastic_four

5 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I'll summarize that by saying it's FAR less dangerous than climbing into a car, but less dangerous than drinking a Pepsi.

I hadn't thought about kids drinking the vaping oil.  I'm now inspired to drop my two year crusade to end the scourge of Tide pods in America and will now focus on vaping oil manufacturers.  :mad:

Isn't there a side-effect with certain vaping oils called 'Popcorn Lung' where it causes crusts in the lungs leading to health impacts?

I had heard that on an NPR special last year about vaping health threats.

11 hours ago, CAHokie said:

The thing that disgusts me about vaping is that a certain segment of users figure that since it isnt a cig, they can do it wherever they want, regardless if other people are around. The funny part is when they are sneaking a hit as if people cant hear and smell it while doing it.

I feel the same way about anyone who's been to Taco Bell a few hours before I'm around them.  What, you don't think I know it's you, dude?  At least TRY to act like a civilized human being and clinch your sphincter when you're in a closed space with another human being.  (tsk)

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

I'll summarize that by saying it's FAR less dangerous than climbing into a car, but around as or less dangerous than drinking a Pepsi.

So how long have you been vaping? 😛

GRRM was a fan of Jack & Stan's eatly FF, as evidenced by his published fan letter circa FF 18-19.  Stan & Jack introduced the Watcher in FF 13.
Bran's not evil.  Bran's a Watcher that had the opportunity to rule his own people to their benefit.  Hopefully.  :smile: We'll see in ten years.

9 minutes ago, Unca Ben said:

Bran's not evil.  Bran's a Watcher that had the opportunity to rule his own people to their benefit.  Hopefully.  :smile: We'll see in ten years.

That's all I can tell too.  This idea that he's evil is strange...did I forget something he did that was shady?

Just saw the final epidode.

Wanted to observe the feedback so I didnt want to watch it with everybody else..

Most said it sucked.

I thought ppl were just upset the show was over.

Holy ! What a bunch of poop.

From the show that gave us the red wedding, hodor, cersi, mountain vs Martell, night king, littlefinger, etc...

So much good stuff!!!

That was a terrible ending.

I am so sad that GOT ended like this.:sorry:

Daenerys Targaryen's final resting place revealed in HUGE clue you missed

Fans were shown what happened to the remaining characters including Jon, who went to the Night’s Watch and the Starks. But it was never revealed what had happened to Drogon or Daenerys’ body in the epilogue.

However, it seems fans might have missed a huge clue regarding Daenerys’ final resting place as the new king, Bran (Isaac Hempstead-Wright) discussed Drogon. During the first meeting of the small council, it is mentioned the last dragon was last seen “flying east”.

To some this may seem like an insignificant detail, however, “east” of Westeros is Essos. In Essos lies Old Valyria, which is where the Targaryen line originated many, many years ago.

In a time before Game of Thrones, nobles tamed dragons and ruled over Old Valryia. But the empire was destroyed by a volcano. Only the Targaryens and their dragons survived as they moved to Dragonstone and ruled over Westeros.

It would therefore be fitting if Drogon had flown east with Daenerys' body to lay her to rest in the place where the Targaryens originated.

I didn't catch that part when the small council was discussing Drogon.