• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, bane said:

I always figured that's exactly where he was going with her.

It also demonstrates how wise these dragons truly were, being aware of such things.

'But can they vape?' :insane:

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It also demonstrates how wise these dragons truly were, being aware of such things.

'But can they vape?' :insane:

Viscerion did, look what happened to him.

1 minute ago, Gaard said:

Did the show ever tell us if the Dothraki stayed in King's Landing?

I was looking for that but didn't see it, but I'm assuming they went back home.  Moreover, I envisioned them saying "why the hell did we come here in the first place again?"  :ohnoez:

Edited by fantastic_four

10 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Did the show ever tell us if the Dothraki stayed in King's Landing?

I was just thinking about this the other day when a news show ran that final Unsullied departure scene. Looks like we are not the only ones asking.

‘Game of Thrones’: Burning Questions (and Some Answers) After the Series Finale

The Unsullied left Westeros, but did the Dothraki go with them?

We see the Unsullied on ships, ready to sail for the Island of Naarth, keeping Grey Worm’s promise to Missandei in heartbreaking fashion. But… what about the Dothraki? In the scene, we see them walking past the ships, but never actually on them (and we know how the Dothraki feel about sailing). With their queen gone, can we really expect the skilled fighters to acclimate well to Westeros?

I just assumed the Dothraki went off on their own to that abandoned land Davos had offered to the Unsullied.

I'm not even clear why the Dothraki were there in the first place.  Was it entirely because Daenerys told them to go?  That's why they were dying, because Khaleesi told them to fight?  If we think of them as barbarians then you'd think they'd want to do some pillaging and raping for all that effort.  Or even if we just think of them as honorable warriors who thirst for battle like Klingons you'd still think they'd demand some reward in terms of money, lands, or goods for their effort.

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Daenerys Targaryen's final resting place revealed in HUGE clue you missed

I didn't catch that part when the small council was discussing Drogon.

I caught that and thought that Drogon might be bringing her to Valryia, but there is also theories that there might be a "red witch" that might be able to bring Danny back to life like how John was brought back etc... I believe the red witches were from there or something like that I saw the whole theory out there. 

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Daenerys Targaryen's final resting place revealed in HUGE clue you missed

I didn't catch that part when the small council was discussing Drogon.

"Drogon's resting place REVEALED!"

"We think he went to Valyria because they said a direction. But we don't know for sure. REVEALED!"

lol

Believe it or not I haven't watched this since season 6. The first three seasons were must see TV for me. It seemed to lose something in season 6 when they basically stopped adapting the George Martin books and went with their own original content.

I think though I will try to catch up and binge watch this over the next few weeks.

(thumbsu

Not saying it will actually happen, but GRRM just blogged that Winds of Winter should be released late 2020. Basically saying if the manuscript is not done before he goes to a con in New Zealand in July 2020 they are allowed to lock him up until it is finished.

Timing seems a little funny to anyone else?

https://io9.gizmodo.com/george-r-r-martin-just-set-a-very-peculiar-winds-of-wi-1834953464

Edited by drotto

In the aftermath of the controversial final season, Game of Thrones writer Dave Hill talked with Entertainment Weekly about the events of the show over the last six weeks. He revealed that Ser Jorah Mormont, who died defending Daenerys at the Battle of Winterfell, was originally going to survive the entire series, and head north of The Wall with Jon Snow when all was said and done.

“For a long time we wanted Ser Jorah to be there at The Wall in the end,” Hill said. “The three coming out of the tunnel would be Jon and Jonah and Tormund. But the amount to logic we’d have to bend to get Jorah up to The Wall and get him to leave Dany’s side right before [the events in the finale] … there’s no way to do that blithely. And Jorah should have the noble death he craves defending the woman he loves.”

The death of Jorah was definitely the better call, as it completed his series arc and gave him one of the most fitting ends of the entire season. According to actor Iain Glen, who played Jorah on the show, it was probably best for his character that he wasn't around to see Dany become a villain.

“There’s a sweetness in that because Jorah will never know what she did,” Glen said. “That’s probably best. It’s a blessing for him that he never found out what happened to her. And from a pragmatic story point of view, his death served a greater purpose. Where could we have taken Jonah from there? F— if I know.”

8 hours ago, Krishosein said:

I caught that and thought that Drogon might be bringing her to Valryia, but there is also theories that there might be a "red witch" that might be able to bring Danny back to life like how John was brought back etc... I believe the red witches were from there or something like that I saw the whole theory out there. 

That's what I was thinking too.

On 5/21/2019 at 3:32 PM, Comicopolis said:
On 5/21/2019 at 1:15 PM, bane said:

That time was allotted to the Tyrion chair straightening scene. (thumbsu

Did you not understand the symbolism of that?

@Comicopolis

I didn't really understand any of that awkward small council scene.  It just struck me as weirdly out of place with the rest of the episode.

So what was the symbolism?

24 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

I was really hoping we would have seen the return of the Blackfish. Not much screen time but one of my favorite characters. Oh well...

Didn't he die defending Riverrun from Jaimie Lanister?