• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,371 posts in this topic

I didn't understand the explicit reason or symbolism of Tyrion rearranging the chairs either.  I could tell in the moment it was supposed to mean something, but I wasn't sure what.

26 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I didn't understand the explicit reason or symbolism of Tyrion rearranging the chairs either.  I could tell in the moment it was supposed to mean something, but I wasn't sure what.

:rulez:

:popcorn:

38 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Maybe the writers knew how bad this season would be received, so it was their tongue-in-cheek hap tip - Tyrion rearranging the deck chairs on their Titanic.

I'd be lying if I said, that saying didn't run through my head as it happened. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

So what was the purpose if Tyrion arranging the chairs?

52 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Maybe the writers knew how bad this season would be received, so it was their tongue-in-cheek hap tip - Tyrion rearranging the deck chairs on their Titanic.

Never let that be your first guess about why you don't understand something in a literary work.  I saw a LOT of pundits, fans, and critics who aren't as smart as Damon Lindelof is assuming that "Prometheus" had plot holes that in most cases it didn't actually have, the plot was just so complex that the person hadn't followed it closely enough to piece Lindelof's puzzle together.

3 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

So what was the purpose if Tyrion arranging the chairs?

I just said I don't know.  So why ask me?  ???

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

Never let that be your first guess about why you don't understand something in a literary work.  I saw a LOT of pundits, fans, and critics who aren't as smart as Damon Lindelof is assuming that "Prometheus" had plot holes that in most cases it didn't actually have, the plot was just so complex that the person hadn't followed it closely enough to piece Lindelof's puzzle together.

tenor.gif?itemid=10439100

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

I just said I don't know.  So why ask me?  ???

sorry hit the quote button by accident.

3 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

Mebbe this (?) -  Tyrion arranging chairs as to see who sits where in reference to an older scene:

Figures..... in 3 episodes they rush and throw out all of the character development that took years to create but take the time to meticulously recreate a scene no one cares about at that moment. 

23 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:
On 5/21/2019 at 3:32 PM, Comicopolis said:
On 5/21/2019 at 1:15 PM, bane said:

That time was allotted to the Tyrion chair straightening scene. (thumbsu

Did you not understand the symbolism of that?

@Comicopolis

I didn't really understand any of that awkward small council scene.  It just struck me as weirdly out of place with the rest of the episode.

So what was the symbolism?

:popcorn:

4 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

Mebbe this (?) -  Tyrion arranging chairs as to see who sits where in reference to an older scene:

If so, I still don't get the symbolism.  That scene above was about people jockeying for position at the small council table.  

The scene in the last season was just Tyrion straightening the chairs up.  Then everyone comes in and haphazardly pulls them out to sit down with Tyrion seeming annoyed by it.  It didn't make any sense.  

Edited by Domo Arigato