• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,371 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jcjames said:

It was clear in the documentary who had and who had not read the final ---script before coming to the table for the cast reading.

Kit Harrington had clearly NOT read the ---script beforehand.

ETA: And the actor who played Varys looked a bit ticked at his death.

Saw it tonight. And that’s what I noticed as well with Kit Harrington and Conleth Hill (Varys).

I enjoyed that documentary. Including seeing the Night King actor coming out to engage with fans.

Tywin's own ambition and disdain for his son Tyrion proved to be his downfall, as the youngest Lannister shot his father with a crossbow while he was using the restroom. It was an unceremonious end to a glorious campaign, so it should go without saying that Charles Dance was invested in how everything all turned out in the final season of Game of Thrones. And unfortunately, it doesn't sound like he was very happy with the events of Season 8.

Dance spoke about the final season while appearing on Good Morning Britain and revealed his thoughts on the matter, explaining that he was left "confused" by the time the credits rolled.

"I have watched as much as I can because there are characters like Daenerys, her character, my character, we never met at all, so we would only meet at press junkets and things," Dance said. "I wanted to know what was happening to these characters. It got to the very end and I thought, 'Hmm... OK.'"

Dance added, "There’s little Arya going off on a cruise somewhere, poor Jon’s gone back up North beyond the wall and then there is Tyrion, and all the people left alive are sat around the table. So well, what are we going to do now? Shall we have a cup of tea or something? I thought, ‘Ah, I don’t know’."

10 hours ago, jcjames said:

It was clear in the documentary who had and who had not read the final ---script before coming to the table for the cast reading.

Kit Harrington had clearly NOT read the ---script beforehand.

ETA: And the actor who played Varys looked a bit ticked at his death.

Yeah he did an interview in EW where he said he wasn't happy. Bit of a baby. I mean he made it to the penultimate episode.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/12/game-of-thrones-varys-interview/

11 hours ago, Catwomancomics said:

Wasn't there a scheduling conflict with Ryan Reynolds?  Didn't they have to think of a way to use Deadpool without everyone knowing it wasn't Reynolds?.

I remember watching an interview with the design studio a couple of years after it was released. They showed concept ideas that they showed Fox. Basically it was Deadpool in the comics costume but Fox kept rejecting it and wanted to mute the merc with the mouth! I don't think it was Reynolds. I mean if he was in costume they could have just dubbed dialogue.

Still a really fun movie. Loved the casting, especially for Sabretooth and Gambit. Great action scenes, soundtrack, etc but like Bosco said the last act is what ruined it. The opening showing Wolverine and Sabretooth fighting in all the wars was incredible.

1 hour ago, Anfield Fox said:

Yeah he did an interview in EW where he said he wasn't happy. Bit of a baby. I mean he made it to the penultimate episode.

For one of the characters the show built up and cultivated for 7 seasons , it was a ridiculous ending to Varys. Again, poorly and hastily done. 

I'm over the initial disappointment personally but feel so bad for the actors who put in 10 years of their lives and have the show end this badly.

On 5/27/2019 at 8:08 AM, I like pie said:

It's not sad. They aren't signing the petition because the acting was bad or the effects were poor.

They signed it because it was rushed and the story telling lacked. Over 1.5 million people.

It's also possible to have been fine with the last season and still sign that petition.  If you're a fan of the show more of it for whatever reason is something you're likely to be interested in.

1 minute ago, bane said:

One thing about season 8 I loved is the music, Ramin Djawadi pulled out all the stops and produced something fantastic.

While the music has been consistently good throughout the show, season 8 was spectacular. 

Binge-watched the first seven seasons after never watching it before, leading into Season 8. That must have been a wild ride over a few weeks.

But with fresh eyes, even he felt in the end Season 8 was so rushed. So not just a long-time fan experience how this was all handled.

On 5/28/2019 at 12:35 PM, Anfield Fox said:

I watched this doc last night, I don’t think anyone would discount the hard work all the crew put into this, it’s truly amazing how much went into this last season. The scale is something you would expect from the LotR trilogy. I liked all the aspects they showed and that they focused on the crew who put all that manual labour work into it.

I disagree with you that Conleth Hill being a baby, all the time he has put into that character to see him killed off in a quick scene because we have to rush through this last season to wrap it all up. You could see it in that table read how he throws the -script on the table and folds his arms, I’d have the exact same opinion, That’s what’s annoying, seeing all this hard work let down by the writing and the rushed way we had to get to the end. Ho hum.

1 hour ago, PovertyRow said:

GOT Final Season Pitch Meeting. Hilariously accurate!

:roflmao: and :frown: at the same time.

'Jon goes to see Dany in front of the Iron Throne and he stabs and kills her.'

'Oh my God, just like that'

'There's no time to draw this out.'

'But there could be!'

'But there's not!'

It's like they were standing there listening in to the reading. :insane:

12 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

:roflmao: and :frown: at the same time.

'Jon goes to see Dany in front of the Iron Throne and he stabs and kills her.'

'Oh my God, just like that'

'There's no time to draw this out.'