• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

Uh-oh!

HBO is sending Game of Thrones to San Diego Comic Con this year, a couple of months after the popular series came to a divisive conclusion. It is unclear which cast members of the eight season series will be in attendance but the options include Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, John Bradley, Isaac Hempstead Wright, Liam Cunningham, Maisie Williams, and Sophie Turner. There is no final word on which actors will make appearances. The Game of Thrones panel is expected to take place in the San Diego Convention Center's world famous Hall H.

Assuming HBO won't be making any announcements regarding the upcoming spinoff shows, this won't be the first time Game of Thrones went to Hall H with no news to share. Previously, the cast members have been carted onto the stage with little knowledge and no scripts from upcoming seasons. In this case, HBO rolls out a blooper reel or other entertaining exclusive content for the near 7,000 fans who slept on the sidewalk in San Diego to cram into Hall H.

they are probably going to SDCC to see if they can milk so more money out of the Series lol

wouldn't it be shocking if they announced "Hey fans! We heard you and we are coming back to remake the final season!"

nothing against he cast or production crew it was amazingly done just story was so rushed as we have stated many times over this forum and many others.

Just now, fantastic_four said:

I'm sure it's to promote the prequel.  Maybe they've done some casting and it'll be a mix of the old and new cast promoting it.

but I thought the prequels would be completely different characters, but I guess you could be right about the mixture of new and old cast members promoting the prequels.

4 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I'm sure it's to promote the prequel.  Maybe they've done some casting and it'll be a mix of the old and new cast promoting it.

THIS is most probably what the real news is going to be. Though better they had just made that clear beforehand rather than associate it with Season 8.

41 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

We won't know the new cast, so bringing the old one instantly grants legitimacy to the new guys.

They could use the old cast to introduce the new cast.  A passing of the torch kind of thing.

2 hours ago, Kon_Jelly said:

HBO submits GoT finale, "The Iron Throne", for Best Writing at Emmys 2019: https://www.tvguide.com/news/hbo-game-of-thrones-emmys-submissions/ 

:roflmao:

The --script that only has about 20 minutes of dialog in an 80 minute episode, make little sense from several story perspectives, and fell with a giant thud for around 50% of the fanbase. Yeah, that make sense.:insane:

Edited by drotto

On May 6th, following the airing of the episode "The Last of the Starks," a Reddit user in the /r/FreeFolk subreddit created a post titled "Bad Writers. Upvote this post so its the first result when you google 'Bad writers.'" The post contains nothing but a photo of Weiss and Benioff.

The plan was successful. Searching for "bad writers" on Google shows that Reddit post on the first page and the included photograph as the second image search result. Websites reporting on this Reddit post have it pushed down in the main search results, but also added additional photos of Weiss and Benioff to the image search.

The title of the Reddit post makes the contrived nature of Weiss and Benioff's rise in the results obvious. However, anyone searching Google images exclusively may never know that Weiss and Benioff's appearance in the search isn't natural but the result of an orchestrated campaign against them.

This isn't the first instance of some fans taking action against Weiss and Benioff. Some have gone to extreme measures in trying to see the entire final season of Game of Thrones remade with a different team of writers. Others are trying to keep Weiss and Benioff away from the Star Warsfranchise.

For his part, A Game of Thrones author George RR Martin has backed Weiss and Benioff's adaptation all the way through to the end. "I am working in a very different medium than David and Dan, never forget," Martin wrote in a blog post following the finale. "They had six hours for this final season. I expect these last two books of mine will fill 3000 manuscript pages between them before I’m done… and if more pages and chapters and scenes are needed, I’ll add them. And of course the butterfly effect will be at work as well; those of you who follow this Not A Blog will know that I’ve been talking about that since season one. There are characters who never made it onto the screen at all, and others who died in the show but still live in the books… so if nothing else, the readers will learn what happened to Jeyne Poole, Lady Stoneheart, Penny and her pig, Skahaz Shavepate, Arianne Martell, Darkstar, Victarion Greyjoy, Ser Garlan the Gallant, Aegon VI, and a myriad of other characters both great and small that viewers of the show never had the chance to meet. And yes, there will be unicorns… of a sort…"

9 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Regardless of the way it was done, GRRM trying to justify the show runners choosing to only do 6 hours for the final season on arguable 7 hours for season seven still comes across as silly justification for the way the show runners decided to handle two plus weighty books worth of hopefully upcoming material.  As many have noted, HBO had offered them upwards of 10 seasons depending on which accounts you listen too. It was clearly Weiss and Benioff's choice to cut the episodes and seasons down, and therefor it was their choice to run the truncated and rushed final season, that we got.  We are allowed to be disappointed as many people are, it is not just and internet conspiracy.  Most of my friends who watched GoT were extremely disappointed with what we got.

oh man I tried to forget about GOT and how I felt unsatisfied about the final season. Now the forum revives again and I am disappointed again lol

HBO’s “Game of Thrones” slashed its way to a record-setting 32 Emmy nominations Tuesday for its eighth and final season, leading HBO back to dominance over Netflix, the streaming service that bumped it last year from atop the increasingly crowded television heap.

The bloodthirsty saga’s total eclipsed the all-time series record of 27 nods earned by “NYPD Blue” in 1994.

If “Game of Thrones” defends it best drama series title and claims a fourth trophy, it will join the quartet of most-honored dramas that includes “Hill Street Blues,” ”L.A. Law,” ”The West Wing” and “Mad Men.”

Series star Emilia Clarke’s decision to seek a best actress nomination after a series of supporting actress bids paid off. She’s competing in a category that’s notable for its diversity, including past winner Viola Davis for “How to Get Away with Murder” and repeat nominee Sandra Oh for “Killing Eve,” who has a second chance to become the first actress of Asian descent to win the trophy.

There's a new trend of popular films or shows being lavished with critical acclaim that fans complain about vociferously.  First it was Last Jedi, now Game of Thrones season 8.  I don't remember ever seeing this before those two examples, but I'm sure I'm unaware of or forgetting something.  hm