• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

When I saw Walder Frey sitting there at the head of the room, I had a feeling that entire room was in trouble.

But even the scenes where Arya Stark sat down with the Lannister soldiers to have a meal or The Hound showing up at the cottage of the man and his daughter where he stole their money and now they are dead made the opening interesting. Arya's scene demonstrated that this cold, merciless army is peppered with commoners that just want to be someplace else. The Hound's scene once again shows how he is a changed man trying to make up for many wrongs.

What The Hound saw in the flames concerns me, as the area he described...

Spoiler

...is the castle later on we hear Jon assign to the Wildings and Tormund to populate and protect (Eastwatch-By-The-Sea).

:fear:

Its on like donkey kong!!!  Watched all of last season over the weekend (because I don't have a life) to have things fresh in my mind.  Getting hard to keep track of everybody.

Two things in the year makes things better...the start of football season and GoT.

***Stop the special guess/celebrity cameos:pullhair:

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
Don't know the difference between "To" and "Two".

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

I wasn't expressing an inability to suspend disbelief, I was asking how it worked.  If it's magic, it's magic.

It's one of the secrets and skills of the assassins guild. 

They are "No One" and thus can be "Any One". 

Every member of their order shown in previous seasons has been able to fashion disguises and become someone else entirely. 

They never made it sound like "magic" but they never really explained how it works, just that it could be taught and learned. 

5 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I wasn't expressing an inability to suspend disbelief, I was asking how it worked.  If it's magic, it's magic.

And there was a board glitch this morning that limited my responses to meme or picture form (no written responses) which is why I had to meme that earlier response. Otherwise I would have just asked. 

1 hour ago, comix4fun said:

It's one of the secrets and skills of the assassins guild. 

They are "No One" and thus can be "Any One". 

Every member of their order shown in previous seasons has been able to fashion disguises and become someone else entirely. 

They never made it sound like "magic" but they never really explained how it works, just that it could be taught and learned. 

That's what it really comes down to for now. A hidden skill that if gifted, you can change into most anyone.

Though I wonder if that means giants, too. That would seem beyond their capabilities - and even the most stretched of reason. Imagine pulling that huge face off your head.

:ohnoez:

If they had made them morph like Mystique, I wouldn't be confused.  But having her pull a mask off just made me wonder "is she about to pull stilts out of her legs, too?"

So in the flashback with the young Ned Stark, a couple of questions, who was that girl that delivered the baby, was it Ned's sister?

Also I know the baby is Jon Snow from the cut scene to his face but what is the prevailing thought on who Jon's father is, I don't think it was Ned Stark, correct?

Speaking of which, was that...

Spoiler

...Wun Wun marching with the Dead Army last night? I wouldn't think so, as he died South of the wall. Plus that giant had the opposite eye.

Zt3l1rg.png

3 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

If they had made them morph like Mystique, I wouldn't be confused.  But having her pull a mask off just made me wonder "is she about to pull stilts out of her legs, too?"

It's possible she came up with a way to perfect her disguise, but no one was peeking under the table to see if she was in bare feet or anything. 

The revenge and the reveal (if viewers didn't guess it as soon as they saw Walder "alive" after what happened to him last season) were the keys to the scene. 

1 minute ago, MustEatBrains said:

So in the flashback with the young Ned Stark, a couple of questions, who was that girl that delivered the baby, was it Ned's sister?

Also I know the baby is Jon Snow from the cut scene to his face but what is the prevailing thought on who Jon's father is, I don't think it was Ned Stark, correct?

That was Ned's sister. So Jon's parents are Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Speaking of which, was that...

Reveal hidden contents

...Wun Wun marching with the Dead Army last night? I wouldn't think so, as he died South of the wall. Plus that giant had the opposite eye.

Zt3l1rg.png

There were three of them (at least ) in the army we saw. None of them were that one.