• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, comix4fun said:

There were three of them (at least ) in the army we saw. None of them were that one. 

I saw that last night, and had never considered giants can also become White Walkers. Good Lord! Imagine all the ones they could have claimed over the years.

:ohnoez:

Just now, Bosco685 said:

I saw that last night, and had never considered giants can also become White Walkers. Good Lord! Imagine all the ones they could have claimed over the years.

Looks like any humanoid, so far, is susceptible. Maybe now that HBO's writers are beyond Martin's material they will jump the shark with a White Walker Dragon for shock value (hope not).

And there are no more living Giants to battle against their undead relatives. 

11 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

And there are no more living Giants to battle against their undead relatives. 

I was going to say 'they probably have more giants than the living', but then remembered Wun Wun was the last.

:eek:

3 minutes ago, Lethal_Collector said:

I would so wife Emilia Clarke.  Episode was good (not great), a lot of staging, but I'm fine with that for ep.1.

Jerome

The opening scene was enough for me to make the episode great. lol 

But I agree with the staging. Game of Thrones premiere episodes are like the beginning of a chess match. 

All the pieces are brought out onto the board and set in their starting places for all to see. Then all of the other episodes represent the match during play with all the pieces making their moves. 

Edited by comix4fun

44 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

That's been the theory for some time now.  

Yea, if you google "R+L=J", that was a fan-theory for a few seasons now.

So the way I see it, these people have "legitimate" claims to the throne:

- Jon Snow - son of Rhaegar Targaryen, who was the eldest son of the Mad King (Aeris), and older brother of Daenarys. Assuming the throne passes through sons first, than Jon would technically have a more legitimate claim than Daenarys (who's Jon's aunt)

- Daenarys - the last "Targaryen" assuming people never find out about Jon's parentage

- Cersei - now that all the heirs of Robert Baratheon are dead, and Stannis and Renley are both dead (with no heirs), Cersei's got the throne

Not that the most "legitimate" claim will necessarily get the throne of course...

37 minutes ago, CKinTO said:

- Jon Snow - son of Rhaegar Targaryen, who was the eldest son of the Mad King (Aeris), and older brother of Daenarys. Assuming the throne passes through sons first, than Jon would technically have a more legitimate claim than Daenarys (who's Jon's aunt)

- Daenarys - the last "Targaryen" assuming people never find out about Jon's parentage

- Cersei - now that all the heirs of Robert Baratheon are dead, and Stannis and Renley are both dead (with no heirs), Cersei's got the throne

Not that the most "legitimate" claim will necessarily get the throne of course...

But what about the other theory concerning Tyrion Lannister.

Spoiler

Which is why the dragons didn't eat him when he went down into the crypt.

Game of Thrones Theorycrafting: Is Tyrion Lannister actually a Targaryen?

Tyrion-releases-Dragons.jpg

1 hour ago, CKinTO said:

What about Robert's illegitimate son that was hanging out with Arya a couple of seasons ago. I thought that he is rumored to be back this season. That would put him ahead of Cersei, right?

Edited by kimik

5 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

That doesn't make much sense.   Tyrion would've been killed long before if that were the case.  Tywin hated him already and only let him live b/c he was blood. 

I  think it's because of how his appearance is described in the books, along with how the Mad King was hot for Tyrion's mom before (and during) her marriage to Tywin. 

He looks different in the TV series, which would not allow people to speculate as easily as if it was just the books as source material. 

Tyrion's mom obviously died, and the Mad King is dead as well....so the only two people that know for sure are gone. 

3 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

That doesn't make much sense.   Tyrion would've been killed long before if that were the case.  Tywin hated him already and only let him live b/c he was blood. 

I hear you. But then there is the behavior of the dragons towards him after they tore up any other man that came towards them. And all because he says, "I help your mother. Please don't eat the help"?

There may be something to this that comes out in a twisted, crazy affair storyline. Guess we will see soon. Heck, Jaime and Cersei were cranking out mini replications of themselves, and Robert never even scratched his chin to think it over?

18 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

1sn6xi.jpg

8 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Within the books it actually does make a lot of sense.  Tywin was the hand of the king under Aerys, and Aerys had grown to mistrust Tywin (who he thought was scheming for more power).  At Tywin's wedding he lets it be known that he wishes the "First Rights" still existed and he openly fawned over how much he wanted her.  At the anniversary Tournament, Aerys asked Joanna if nursing her kids (Cersei and Jamie) had ruined her breasts.  About a year later, she died birthing Tyrion.  One of the things I miss from the books is that so much of the pre-Robert's Rebellion history is left out (or heavily modified as is the case of how the White Walkers were created)

30 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

But what about the other theory concerning Tyrion Lannister.

Reveal hidden contents

Which is why the dragons didn't eat him when he went down into the crypt.

Game of Thrones Theorycrafting: Is Tyrion Lannister actually a Targaryen?

Tyrion-releases-Dragons.jpg

That's an interesting theory, hadn't read that one. It's possible, and I agree if true, he'd be above both Jon Snow and Daenarys, given he'd technically be Daenarys' older brother. It's an interesting theory - similar to Jon Snow's parentage (both parents being dead now), the only person who could see this would be Bran, who can look into the past (like the flashback that confirmed Rhaegar and Lyanna were Jon Snow's parents).

7 minutes ago, kimik said:

What about Robert's illegitimate son that was hanging out with Arya a couple of seasons ago. I thought that he is rumored to be back this season. That would put him ahead of Cersei, right?

I had forgotten about him... Gendry, the blacksmith kid. Yes, that would put him ahead of Cersei for sure as Robert Baratheon's , although he would have a similar problem in that only Melisandre seems to know that...

4 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

***Stop the special guess/celebrity cameos:pullhair:

Now I get where you were going.

'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Ed Sheeran cameo upset some fans

When Arya Stark was riding through the Riverlands, she came across a small camp of Lannister men. One of them was singing a song that he’d later describe as, “a new one.” It didn’t take the most eagle-eyed of fans to notice that the singing Lannister soldier was none other than pop superstar Ed Sheeran. The “Thinking Out Loud” and “Shape of You” singer sat with Arya and a band of men to split a rabbit and talk trash on the capital city of King’s Landing.

As Entertainment Weekly notes, Sheeran’s cameo in the show was announced in March at the South by Southwest Festival where co-show-runner David Benioff admitted that it was all an elaborate effort to surprise Arya actress Maisie Williams, who is a fan of Sheeran’s music.

“We knew that Maisie was a big fan of Ed Sheeran and for years we’ve been trying to get him on the show so we can surprise Maisie. This year, we finally did it,” he said.

Jagj8bG.jpg

Per A Dance With Dragons, Targarian inheritence is a weird thing.  It's male dominated, so John is actually ahead of Dany regardless.  A woman only becomes queen if there are no male heirs. 

7 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

Per A Dance With Dragons, Targarian inheritence is a weird thing.  It's male dominated, so John is actually ahead of Dany regardless.  A woman only becomes queen if there are no male heirs

Uh-ohh!