• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,371 posts in this topic

How Game Of Thrones May Have Confirmed A Huge Tyrion Theory

2fbf7154be17e8a15416fb611e579c30cc424ea0

When Dany returned to Dragonstone in "Eastwatch" after roasting the Lannister army on Drogon, she encountered Jon Snow as he was brooding on a cliff. Instead of fleeing from the giant black dragon to continue his brooding elsewhere, Jon turned around and looked Drogon in the eye. Drogon leaned his head down and allowed Jon to touch his snout. Dany was clearly shocked that Drogon of all her dragons was allowing somebody else to touch him, as it was something she'd never seen since her dragons had grown to full-size. For her, this was something entirely new. For fans, it was a reveal of just how Jon's likely status as Rhaegar Targaryen's secret son will probably come in handy. As it turns out, Dany's dragons are just fine with Targaryens getting close.

Therein lies the clue that Tyrion isn't the son of Tywin Lannister.

While he didn't have any close encounters with any of Dany's dragons in "Eastwatch," the moment of Jon not getting killed by Drogon echoes the moment back in Season 6's "Home" when Tyrion was not killed by Rhaegal and Viserion. At the time, Dany was absent from Meereen with Drogon, and the other two dragons were chained underground and refusing to eat. Tyrion, unwilling to let Rhaegal and Viserion starve themselves to death, ventured down into the darkness to unchain them. Against all odds, the dragons allowed Tyrion to get close to them, touch them, and even tell them a story as he worked to break their chains. Rhaegal and Viserion let Tyrion get close, just as Drogon would later let Jon get close.

With these two moments, Game of Thrones may have confirmed the fan theory that Tyrion is a secret Targaryen, much as Jon is. If Drogon liked Jon because of his Targaryen blood, it stands to reason that Rhaegal and Viserion like Tyrion for his Targaryen blood.

Interesting article about the Night King. To include the difference between that character and the Night's King (the book version).

Game of Thrones: The Night King’s Identity & Backstory Explained

A-First-Man-Vladimir-Furdik-becomes-the-

Season 6’s “The Door,” used Bran Stark’s greenseer ability to let him witness the birth of the first White Walker at the hands of the Children of the Forest. While it’s never been officially confirmed by the show that this man — one of the “First Men,” a.k.a. the first humans ever to migrate and invade Westeros — is the Night King, it’s generally believed to be him. The evidence is in the casting: the actor who currently plays the Night King, Vladimir Furdik (he was previously portrayed by Richard Brake), also portrayed the First Man in this pivotal scene.

Auxkw7b.png

In the books, the character is known as the Night’s King (with the added apostrophe-S), and his story is told only in legends passed down from one character to another. He’s yet to be seen in a single scene in the books, so far. According to the novels, the Night’s King was originally the 13th Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch, which would put his lifetime not long after the Wall was built.

The Lord Commander broke his Night’s Watch vows by falling in love with a very strange woman. Legends describe this unnamed beauty in a way that links her to the White Walkers, although she couldn’t have been a Walker herself because she reciprocated the Lord Commander’s love. She was said to have pale skin that was “cold as ice,” and starry, blue eyes. It was the act of consummating their love that seemingly transformed him into the Night’s King — though it’s worth noting that the books never refer to the Night’s King as a White Walker.

Adding yet another twist to this story, in the books, Old Nan tells Bran a story about the Night’s King, where she asserts that the Night’s King was originally a Stark from Winterfell. She even hints that his name may have been Brandon.

As the 13th Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch, the Night’s King lived thousands of years later than the First Man who would become known as the Night King on Game of Thrones. It’s well known that the show-runners have streamlined many plot points and characters from the books in order to translate the story coherently from the page to the screen. Is this one of those instances? Or is their Night King an original creation? The show’s Night King couldn’t have been a member of the Night’s Watch, as it didn’t exist yet when the Children of the Forest worked their dragonglass-powered mojo on him.

10 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

Didn't the witch say Cersei would have 3 children? Maybe this child is never born or just BS to give Jamie more reason to go on fighting, because he was ready to give up.

Creative liberties taken by the TV production.  

Spoiler

By this point in the books, Jaime has completely disavowed himself of Cersei, so if Martin planned to have her get pregnant again, it certainly wouldn't have been by him.

12 hours ago, sacentaur said:

The writers went out of their way to note that Sam hadn't been told that his father and brother were roasted alive. I guess that makes Sam the new Lord Tarley now?

10 hours ago, marvelcollector said:

I don't think so, since he's taken the Black.

Have a feeling that he knows someone that may be coming into a position of authority that could release him from his vows to the Night's Watch (if the Night's Watch even exists once this is all said and done.)

re: Tyrion possibly being a Targaryen, hasn't the show repeatedly stated that his mother (i.e., Tywin's wife) died in childbirth? I can understand the Jon Snow swap, but a Tyrion swap seems far-fetched (though I have no other theory to offer as to why the two dragons didn't flame him in the dungeon).

What do we know about Tywin's wife/Tyrion's mother (if details were given on the show, I can't remember them)?

re: Sam and his Night Watch vows, well he's now left the Citadel so maybe he sees a larger purpose for himself (tired of reading about the achievements of better men), with the White Walker threat overshadowing everything else.

10 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

re: Tyrion possibly being a Targaryen, hasn't the show repeatedly stated that his mother (i.e., Tywin's wife) died in childbirth? I can understand the Jon Snow swap, but a Tyrion swap seems far-fetched (though I have no other theory to offer as to why the two dragons didn't flame him in the dungeon).

What do we know about Tywin's wife/Tyrion's mother (if details were given on the show, I can't remember them)?

The hypothesis involves the mad king Aerys being Tyrion's father.  Tywin was the hand of the king during that time.  I've heard the books say Aerys and Tywin's wife had done the deed both before and after she married Tywin.

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

The hypothesis involves the mad king Aerys being Tyrion's father.  Tywin was the hand of the king during that time.  I've heard the books say Aerys and Tywin's wife had done the deed both before and after she married Tywin.

Thanks - I haven't read the books and was unaware of that possibility (in the GoT universe, certainly possible).

12 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

Didn't the witch say Cersei would have 3 children? Maybe this child is never born or just BS to give Jamie more reason to go on fighting, because he was ready to give up.

It could be BS, but I really hope it is Euron as the father. That would be hilarious after his comment alluding to her needing a man with two hands to Jamie. lol

6 minutes ago, kimik said:

It could be BS, but I really hope it is Euron as the father. That would be hilarious after his comment alluding to her needing a man with two hands to Jamie. lol

I wonder if she is even conning Jaime for some reason to buy time for some master plan she shared with Qyburn when he ran out of the room to go work his magic.

Wow! They may have caught the hackers already. The power of HBO!

Four men arrested in India over 'Game of Thrones' leak

Indian police have arrested four men suspected of leaking an episode of one of the world's most popular TV shows.

The men were arrested in Mumbai after an investigation into the leak of an episode of HBO's Game of Thrones before its scheduled release on August 7. The suspects are connected to Star India, which has the rights to air the hit TV series in the country.

They appeared in court for a preliminary hearing Monday. The police have until August 21 to charge the men.

Three are employees of Prime Focus Technologies, an independent company that handles Star India's data, Mumbai police's deputy commissioner for cybercrime, Akbar Pathan, told CNNMoney on Tuesday. The fourth is a former employee of Prime Focus Technologies.

3 hours ago, kimik said:

lol  The show needs more Euron in every episode.

So you want them to "Euron-ate" the episodes?

11 hours ago, sacentaur said:

re: Sam and his Night Watch vows, well he's now left the Citadel so maybe he sees a larger purpose for himself (tired of reading about the achievements of better men), with the White Walker threat overshadowing everything else.

Spoiler

I know "no one reads leaks here", but since I couldn't sleep Sunday night and I missed the preview for next week, I looked on You Tube...and one HUGE theory is that one of the dragons died next week, so there will only be two dragons. No need for a 3rd rider. Also their theory is Bran is the Nght's King and he time travels, like he did with Hodor.