• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,371 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

You told me there's a big reveal regarding the white walkers next episode (and that was a very minor reveal compared to the others).  NOW I SHALL SPEND THE ENTIRE EPISODE LOOKING FOR THE REVEAL YOU SPOILED!  :cry:

Actually, I won't, but the other reveals were worse.  Luckily I'm good at intentionally forgetting things and have already forgotten them, but when the episode reminds me, I shall go "meh" instead of whatever reaction I would have had had those details not been revealed.

If someone mentioning there is a big reveal in the next episode when every episode has been back-to-back big reveals and events this season, that would be someone not paying attention to the show. Better to go watch something else then.

(:

Now, who revealed something without spoiler warnings?

23 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Who posted details out in the open?

It was a couple of pages back, some poster I don't know or recognize.

Just now, comix4fun said:

It was a couple of pages back, some poster I don't know or recognize.

The crazy thing is the hack even led to all scripts being posted online (not a lawful action at all). But now there are multiple videos across Youtube summarizing what people read will lead into Season 8. And loads of theory summaries.

Thank goodness those haven't landed here. As I watched an Episode 4 video afterwards to see how accurate it was. 80% to 90% dead-on storyline details.

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

The crazy thing is the hack even led to all scripts being posted online (not a lawful action at all). But now there are multiple videos across Youtube summarizing what people read will lead into Season 8. And loads of theory summaries.

Thank goodness those haven't landed here. As I watched an Episode 4 video afterwards to see how accurate it was. 80% to 90% dead-on storyline details.

Everything about this season, a breakdown episode by episode, was leaked backed in November. Has nothing to do with the recent hack.

12 hours ago, darkstar said:

Everything about this season, a breakdown episode by episode, was leaked backed in November. Has nothing to do with the recent hack.

I never even realized that. But most probably because before the hacking news, I wasn't looking for any pre-show reveals. Did they ever figure out who leaked these scripts?

20 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

This is not correct. HBO aired the episode in its entirety. They weren't hacked. No attack. They made a HUGE mistake and those that caught it passed it on. People simply recorded what was aired.

But it does not help HBO that the person in Mexico that has been releasing episode synopsis and spoilers all season has been 100% accurate so far.  Really seems likke he got his hands on the scripts somehow.

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

I wish HBO would just release entire seasons at once like Netflix does.  All of these "leaks" would be meaningless if they released the shows that way.

+1

Turns out the India arrests of four employees of Star were not the hackers. They just decided to release the episodes on their channel.

An Ongoing Timeline of the HBO Hack, From ‘Game of Thrones’ to Embarrassing Tweets

August 2: Hackers Breach HBO’s U.S. Servers

Beginning of August, hackers stole 1.5 terabytes of data from HBO’s U.S. servers, including TV episodes, scripts, and employee emails. The hack was roughly seven times larger than the infamous 2014 Sony hack.

August 4: The Fourth Episode of Game of Thrones Season 7 is Leaked by an HBO Distributor

Star India, one of HBO’s distribution partners, leaked the fourth episode of Game of Thrones season 7 online two days after the company suffered the security breach.

August 8: The Hackers Post Five Game of Thrones Scripts Online, Demand a Bitcoin Ransom

The hackers, who went by the name “Mr. Smith,” also demanded “our 6 month salary in bitcoin” from HBO, which appears to be roughly $6 million, according to The New York Times.

August 16: The Sixth Episode of Game of Thrones Season 7 is Accidentally Aired By HBO Nordic

Another episode of Game of Thrones was leaked — this time accidentally by HBO itself. HBO Nordic mistakenly aired the sixth episode of the seventh season of Game of Thrones in Spain for a full hour before it was taken down.

August 17: HBO’s Social Media Accounts Are Hacked

A group called OurMine carried out an attack on HBO’s social media accounts, scolding the cable network for their weak security on HBO’s official Twitter account. The since-deleted tweet read, “Hi, OurMine are here, we are just testing your security, HBO team please contact us to upgrade the security.”

Someone really wants to put it to HBO.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Turns out the India arrests of four employees of Star were not the hackers. They just decided to release the episodes on their channel.

An Ongoing Timeline of the HBO Hack, From ‘Game of Thrones’ to Embarrassing Tweets

Someone really wants to put it to HBO.

They just think they have deep pockets.  Nothing more.

3 minutes ago, drotto said:

They just think they have deep pockets.  Nothing more.

Why does their deep pockets motivate the hackers?  I didn't hear about them demanding a ransom to not release the material they stole.

8 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Why does their deep pockets motivate the hackers?  I didn't hear about them demanding a ransom to not release the material they stole.

They demanded $6M to not release further episodes or details.

It's why even banks are hesitant to get into Bitcoin. The lack of traceability on a transaction, and the lack of regulation how to standardize bank-to-bank transactions.

HBO originally offered them $250K to stop releasing all content (GoT and other shows). That's when the hackers posted the email, laughing at the amount offered.

So glad to have finally caught back up with this series (I missed last season).  Have been binging the past week and am now current.  This season has been incredible so far.  All the set up is finally paying off big time.   Episode 4 was just insane. 

bosco685

Now, who revealed something without spoiler warnings?

phobalicious bottom p 14

Spoiler ...  No need to fight on who's riding /spoiler

This ruined it for me - it's why I'm done with this thread.  Starting . . . now.