• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,371 posts in this topic

Far-fetched theory...

Spoiler

As we figured, an ice dragon was created by the Night King.

What would be awesome beyond awesome is if Jon Snow (who is the half-Targaryen  - Daenerys' half-brother - King of the North and also someone who has been resurrected from the dead, albeit by the red priestess, becomes a dragon-rider of the ice dragon (which would have to turn against the Night King, of course).

Knowing that an episode has just been aired and also knowing there's a thread about the show, it would be a simply matter for those who don't want to know what happened to simply avoid this thread until after they've seen the show....Duh???

11 minutes ago, ninanina said:

Knowing that an episode has just been aired and also knowing there's a thread about the show, it would be a simply matter for those who don't want to know what happened to simply avoid this thread until after they've seen the show....Duh???

That's not the problem. 

It's the people that illegally download a leaked copy of the next episode BEFORE it airs on television and then come in here spouting out spoilers in an open post without using spoiler tags.  That's douchebaggery at an advanced level.

Edited by Domo Arigato

15 minutes ago, topofthetotem said:

I avoided this thread like the plague once I heard there were leaks so me and my son watch Game of thrones spoiler free. 

And?  What is your virgin opinion of the episode?

Personally there are a few things about the episode that made it frustrating.  Probably my least favorite episode of the season (still good but not better than the rest).

19 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

And?  What is your virgin opinion of the episode?

Personally there are a few things about the episode that made it frustrating.  Probably my least favorite episode of the season (still good but not better than the rest).

Dragon battle was good.

It makes sense the night king can raise a dragon. 

Dany is kinda annoying and gets more annoying every episode.

The whole being mad a Sansa thing seems pretty thin it would be pretty easy to figure out that her note was under duress. 

What were they a half a block from Eastwatch? 

Overall I thought it was a 7 out of 10 still enjoyed it and looking forward to the next one. 

That was a fun episode. They need to sell whatever Gendry is on to all track athletes. That boy can run. lol

I can't wait for the final battle where John and the Night King face off. It should be a good battle. I wonder if John can get a flaming Targeryn blade to even things up a bit?

Is it just me, or is Arya getting a touch weirder every episode? I wonder if the whole pay off with her is that each time you delve deeper into the person with no face role you lose a bit of your humanity?

Also, did we see a new bromance start between Tormund and the Hound? I wonder if Tormund starts getting smitten with him when they go North of the wall again based on his comments. lol 

Edited by kimik

Man, the Night's King can throw! :whatthe: If he can throw that distance, why didn't he try to kill Jon a couple of episodes back when he made it to the boat and sailed away? Still think Dany could have taken out the Night's King this ep. and ended the threat. 2c

Many issues with this episode, although it was a very fun one.

• Gendry can run a super long distance in a not long time
  • Ravens can get from the North to South very quickly
  • Dragons can get from the South to the North very quickly
  • Dragons destroy lots of the walkers for a long time, but get nowhere near the Night King
  • The Night King waits a very long time before deciding to do something about one of the three dragons destroying lots of walkers, who could randomly turn and blast him at any time
  • Arya and Sansa seem very easily manipulated, even though both of them vehemently distrust the only person in a position to do so
  • Uncle Benjen is the penultimate McGuffin.  Really?  He just shows up out of the blue?  No one thought, after the Night King threw a spear and missed one dragon, to possibly have the other dragon blast the Night King and his generals standing all alone on the hill? 

Still a romping good time with the good battle scenes.  But man are they trying to cram in a lot in a short time and leaving some gaping plot holes in their wake.

Yeah, they are rushing a bit to cram in as much as possible with only a handful of episodes left. It would have been better to spread things out over 10 or even 12 episodes per last two seasons, IMHO, but I can understand the price pressure issues when they cannot sell advertising for the show. If they could, it would more than pay for itself..........

I watched the latest episode this morning and MAN, crazy stuff. I didn't see that ending coming! 

I agree with some of the earlier stated plot holes, but the one that bothers me the MOST is why couldn't Dany have her 2 dragons team up and just roast the night king right there and be done with it. I know she was in shock, but you would also think there would be extreme rage to take him out by fire right then and there. 

Spoiler

faab5954-abcb-4a8f-b0e2-1cc134942e29.jpg.c19d6b1a19d22b076dfeb3069d1e807a.jpg

Edited by CrazyQuinn

Or, just clear a path so Jon Snow could cut him in half and all will be done. The Night King and other Walkers seem to be a bit slower with their movements.

Speaking of the Walkers, I wonder if they will ever show what happened with the baby they "transformed" earlier on. 

11 hours ago, kimik said:

That was a fun episode. They need to sell whatever Gendry is on to all track athletes. That boy can run. lol

I can't wait for the final battle where John and the Night King face off. It should be a good battle. I wonder if John can get a flaming Targeryn blade to even things up a bit?

Is it just me, or is Arya getting a touch weirder every episode? I wonder if the whole pay off with her is that each time you delve deeper into the person with no face role you lose a bit of your humanity?

Also, did we see a new bromance start between Tormund and the Hound? I wonder if Tormund starts getting smitten with him when they go North of the wall again based on his comments. lol 

I think Jon prefers his current blade over anything else he could trade for, it's taken out two of the White Walkers like they were the T-1000 stepping out of the liquid nitrogen in T2. 

200.gif

On Arya I agree....she's gone on to giving off a completely serial killer vibe

On Gendry....nice Thermopylae to Marathon run.