• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,371 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
53 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:
56 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Time and distance don't seem to matter any more. It took the Hound several episodes to get from The Red Wedding to the Arie, yet now people travel to and from Kings Landing, and then to the Wall in a single episode. Yet the Dead are still marching on the wall for what has to be months now.

Good point.

Could it be the White Walkers are scouring the lands building their army to greater number ?

That's what I was thinking, or they might be waiting for other legions to come in from other parts of the north.  And while it might not seem like it would be necessary, they might be training or practicing tactics, or just waiting for it to get much much colder in Westeros. 

6 minutes ago, revat said:
58 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
1 hour ago, chezmtghut said:
1 hour ago, shadroch said:

Time and distance don't seem to matter any more. It took the Hound several episodes to get from The Red Wedding to the Arie, yet now people travel to and from Kings Landing, and then to the Wall in a single episode. Yet the Dead are still marching on the wall for what has to be months now.

Good point.

Could it be the White Walkers are scouring the lands building their army to greater number ?

That's what I was thinking, or they might be waiting for other legions to come in from other parts of the north.  And while it might not seem like it would be necessary, they might be training or practicing tactics, or just waiting for it to get much much colder in Westeros. 

The Night King doesn't have that many number of White Walkers leading the Wights. Would be great if he could find a couple more babies to turn into White Walkers ( as Johnny Boy and Sammy have wiped out at least 3 )

Edited by Gotham Kid

45 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Speaking of time. 

Jon and his posse are ambushed, and send to the Wall for help.  He makes it there, Ravens are sent to Dragonstone, Dany pauses to have a fur coat made and flies north to rescue them.

As she had no idea the Night King was capable of killing a dragon, why didn't she simply send the three dragons north to destroy the army  of the dead as soon as it became a distraction  while she continued her war with Blondie?

Her winter wear looked pretty rad, but it may have just been tailored from some existing gear that was left by Stannis Baratheon and/or his wife (previous Dragonstone occupants).  Or Dany might have started working on it earlier, as figured she would have to go North eventually, either to fight Jon Snow or marry Jon Snow or fight the army of the dead.

1 minute ago, revat said:
52 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Speaking of time. 

Jon and his posse are ambushed, and send to the Wall for help.  He makes it there, Ravens are sent to Dragonstone, Dany pauses to have a fur coat made and flies north to rescue them.

Her winter wear looked pretty rad, but it may have just been tailored from some existing gear that was left by Stannis Baratheon and/or his wife (previous Dragonstone occupants).  Or Dany might have started working on it earlier, as figured she would have to go North eventually, either to fight Jon Snow or marry Jon Snow or fight the army of the dead.

She's a woman. They are ALWAYS prepared. lol

Edited by Gotham Kid

40 minutes ago, Transplant said:

"Get on the horse, Uncle Benjen." 

"There's not time!"

What?  It took longer for Jon Snow to get on the horse. 

I think he meant the horse would run slower with two on it or he meant to sacrifice himself slowing down the horde.  :p

7 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I think he meant the horse would run slower with two on it or he meant to sacrifice himself slowing down the horde.  :p

It's ok, I'll use my swinging smokey chain thingy to hold them off as you get away! Oops, the first one I hit and it stopped swinging, sorry AIEEEEEEEE!

‘Game of Thrones’ Director Explains That Iffy Timeline in “Beyond the Wall”

Director Alan Taylor, who helmed early episodes of Game of Thrones before directing films like Thor: The Dark World and Terminator Genisys, returned to the series to direct “Beyond the Wall”, and in an interview with Variety he’s responded to the timeline kerfuffle:

“We were aware that timing was getting a little hazy. We’ve got Gendry running back, ravens flying a certain distance, dragons having to fly back a certain distance…In terms of the emotional experience, [Jon and company] sort of spent one dark night on the island in terms of storytelling moments. We tried to hedge it a little bit with the eternal twilight up there north of The Wall. I think there was some effort to fudge the timeline a little bit by not declaring exactly how long we were there. I think that worked for some people, for other people it didn’t. They seemed to be very concerned about how fast a raven can fly but there’s a thing called plausible impossibilities, which is what you try to achieve, rather than impossible plausibilities. So I think we were straining plausibility a little bit, but I hope the story’s momentum carries over some of that stuff.”

Question:

Where did the White Walker army get those massive chains, along with the zombie diving team that risked - well, nothing since they are dead - going down and securing a dragon so perfect to drag it out?

Pull-Dragon-Dead-300x158.jpg

The Walking Dead's Response To This Week's Game Of Thrones Is LOL

b8wYZpi.png

Unsurprisingly, the mission turned into a catastrophe when the group was swarmed by wights and targeted by White Walkers. The Night King even managed to shoot down a dragon with an ice spear. As it turns out, The Walking Dead crew was tuned in to the episode, and they had a pretty hilarious reaction to the climax.

The zombie apocalypse of The Walking Dead definitely would be a different place if the walkers somehow mastered the use of projectile weapons, although it's not like Rick and Co. have any dragons that the walkers would shoot out of the sky. The post-episode tweet indicates that The Walking Dead knows there are other terrifying versions of zombies on the small screen. After the events of "Beyond the Wall," it's probably safe to say that Dany would rather be in a world without spear-throwing creatures. Viserion's death was pretty devastating, even if it will probably make for a more exciting final season.

33 minutes ago, marvelcollector said:

I'm holding out hope that the dragon can be turned back somehow.

Oh, and the people too.

Maybe Quyburn is able to reverse engineer from the captured wight.

There's not a lot left of most of them...

game-of-thrones-wight-ambush-behind-the-