• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

After this episode Jon's odds of obtaining the Iron Throne isn't likely.  No way he would claim it from Daenerys (or would want to).

I just don't see how Daenerys won't be sitting on the Iron Throne:sumo:.

If she dies?(shrug)

4 hours ago, marvelcollector said:

I'm holding out hope that the dragon can be turned back somehow.

I was too. Hoping (maybe beyond hope) the final episode starts with the dragon taking flight and heading straight back to the mother of dragons, maybe singing a few walkers along the way. Make for a good story I think. I just don't relish the thought of the dead dragon turning on Dani and company. I simply won't like it.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:25 PM, ninanina said:

I don't think this will happen because in order for it to happen, the leader of the walkers is going to have to be in the vicinity of the dragon when it dies in order for it to turn. The problem with that is they don't have anyway of killing the dragon.....unless it decides to land during the fight. I'm not thinking it will have any reason to and I also don't think the walkers will be able to force it down with the weaponry they have...very limited when it comes to long range. But, you never know what the writers have planned.

O.o

Wow, was I wrong on that one.

In my defense, nobody told me they had spears like that and nobody told me the guy could throw one like that. This show continues to surprise and the wow factor is way up there. About the only thing I was right about was "..you never know what the writers have planned".

12 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Quite a chuckle when Dany (talking with Tyrion) said that Jon Snow was too "small" for her! :bigsmile:hm 

She's 5' 2"...how big does her king have to be?

11 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Question:

Where did the White Walker army get those massive chains, along with the zombie diving team that risked - well, nothing since they are dead - going down and securing a dragon so perfect to drag it out?

Pull-Dragon-Dead-300x158.jpg

Magic.  :whee:

Chains likely come from Hardhome. Night King knew Dany would come with her Dragons, that's why he waited long enough (with the misfits stuck on the island) to have the attack initiated.

Edited by Gotham Kid

27 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:
12 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Quite a chuckle when Dany (talking with Tyrion) said that Jon Snow was too "small" for her! :bigsmile:hm 

She's 5' 2"...how big does her king have to be?

After Drogo and Dario, Jonny Boy is small in comparison. Either that or she saw his weenie while he was lying in bed.

Edited by Gotham Kid

10 hours ago, sacentaur said:

If only The Walking Dead was 1/10 the show that Game of Thrones is.

Yeah, it's not even close. 

However, GOT has pulled quite a few "Walking Dead tricks" recently with all the impossible escapes from certain death (the Battle of the Bastards, the Ice Lake battle).  

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

Chains likely come from Hardhome. Night King knew Dany would come with her Dragons, that's why he waited long enough (with the misfits stuck on the island) to have the attack initiated.

I know you were trying to logically place where these may have come from. But did they look like the type to walk around with iron chains? Even when the Wildings attacked The Wall gate, they attached ropes to the mammoth so as to pull it open.

Wildlings Attack The Wall With Giants and Mammoths! (embedding not allowed)

1 hour ago, chrisco37 said:

However, GOT has pulled quite a few "Walking Dead tricks" recently with all the impossible escapes from certain death (the Battle of the Bastards, the Ice Lake battle).  

True that.

12 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

After this episode Jon's odds of obtaining the Iron Throne isn't likely.  No way he would claim it from Daenerys (or would want to).

I just don't see how Daenerys won't be sitting on the Iron Throne:sumo:.

I still expect them to put Sansa there somehow as a nice twist. Basically, Cersei's apprentice/padawan. lol

Edited by kimik

17 minutes ago, kimik said:

I still expect them to put Sansa there somehow as a nice twist. Basically, Cersei's apprentice/padawan. lol

Well, if we're gonna dally in crazy talk we might as well put Gendry or Tyrion on therelol.  You can't have a Stark ruling the North and on the Iron Throne:sumo:.

***And fix your sig line.  I'm tired of looking at that "photo not found" cat next to those great comic books:makepoint:

I would love to see a plot line where Little Finger helps Sansa get the Iron Throne in the end after Dany/Jon/Cersei/Jamie are all killed off, and then the closing scene is her stabbing him with the dagger. Fade to black, and leave everyone hanging.

10 hours ago, Dreamtoreal1 said:

explain to me where 4 super large iron chains came from???  Walmart Westeros?

I think from the same place the 5,000 skeleton warriors did. lol 

It was a package deal.

4 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

Agreed, the plot devices and narrow escapes of key characters are proceeding at an ever increasing pace. 

Just now, comix4fun said:

Agreed, the plot devices and narrow escapes of key characters are proceeding at an ever increasing pace. 

When you only have 8 episodes left in the series you have to rush to the end.

Just now, kimik said:

When you only have 8 episodes left in the series you have to rush to the end.

Which seems odd, they have outstripped the books and it's HBO's #1 series, yet they chose to have this season be shorter and next season even shorter. 

I am all for concentrated storytelling but there has to be a way to maintain the quality of the writing and plotting.