• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,371 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, kagenish said:
11 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I don't think I'm crystal clear on her reason for hating Littlefinger or everyone's assumption that he will screw her over and/or kill her the first chance he gets.  Haven't they shown him professing his love for Sansa's mom even when no other significant characters are around?  I remember a scene with him and two prostitutes where he's training them to please the king and they invite him to join them but he declines saying that he's saving himself for someone special, with that special person being Catelyn Stark.  Is it not possible that he really does have a special place in his heart--if not also his loins--for her?

I think is more in line like I can't have your mom I'll just have you instead.

That's how I take it as well.  Why does that make his intentions towards her devious?

6 minutes ago, topofthetotem said:

"He would see this country burn if he could be King of the ashes." - Varys speaking of Little finger

That doesn't mean he doesn't want Sansa as the queen of those ashes.  Not that I'm convinced that he does, I'm just not sure why people widely assume he doesn't.

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:
4 minutes ago, kagenish said:
13 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I don't think I'm crystal clear on her reason for hating Littlefinger or everyone's assumption that he will screw her over and/or kill her the first chance he gets.  Haven't they shown him professing his love for Sansa's mom even when no other significant characters are around?  I remember a scene with him and two prostitutes where he's training them to please the king and they invite him to join them but he declines saying that he's saving himself for someone special, with that special person being Catelyn Stark.  Is it not possible that he really does have a special place in his heart--if not also his loins--for her?

I think is more in line like I can't have your mom I'll just have you instead.

That's how I take it as well.  Why does that make his intentions towards her devious?

I agree, while creepy, its not necessarily devious.  I think ultimately, he is an opportunist still has dreams of getting on the iron throne, which is his underlying motive for creating all the chaos (trying to kill bran, turning on Ned, killing Joffrey, killing Jon arryn, etc.).  The only way someone like him could move up is to create chaos and let every one above him kill each other off. 

But ultimately, he still would need a link to a better family name to get standing.  And while he has partial control of the Vale, he would have to marry someone who is 'worthy' like Sansa, Dany, or Cersei (or Arya), given that nearly every other woman with a good name is dead - Tyrells, no Dornish princess on the show, no Baratheons.  And obviously Sansa is the least evil and maybe most pliable, and also resembles a woman whom he loved greatly.  Also, loins.

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:
8 minutes ago, topofthetotem said:

"He would see this country burn if he could be King of the ashes." - Varys speaking of Little finger

That doesn't mean he doesn't want Sansa as the queen of those ashes.  Not that I'm convinced that he does, I'm just not sure why people widely assume he doesn't.

Yeah, I don't think he has plans to kill her (yet).   She has a more legitimate claim than he does.   Marrying her would be a good political move for him.   

Just now, revat said:

I agree, while creepy, its not necessarily devious.  I think ultimately, he is an opportunist still has dreams of getting on the iron throne, which is his underlying motive for creating all the chaos (trying to kill bran, turning on Ned, killing Joffrey, killing Jon arryn, etc.).  The only way someone like him could move up is to create chaos and let every one above him kill each other off. 

But ultimately, he still would need a link to a better family name to get standing.  And while he has partial control of the Vale, he would have to marry someone who is 'worthy' like Sansa, Dany, or Cersei (or Arya), given that nearly every other woman with a good name is dead - Tyrells, no Dornish princess on the show, no Baratheons.  And obviously Sansa is the least evil and maybe most pliable, and also resembles a woman whom he loved greatly.  Also, loins.

Beat me to it.

Just now, chrisco37 said:
2 minutes ago, revat said:

Beat me to it.

Another thing kind of brought up in the last episode that would probably be on littlefinger's mind:

Progeny.  Dany allegedly can't have kids anymore.  Most people probably think Cersei is too old for kids.  Little finger would want kids.  That leaves Sansa and Arya, as Myrcella and Natalie Dormer died.  The next closest with royal-ish blood is the last Sand Snak, who seems pretty far off the grid for now (and probably already died off screen).

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I guess because we have a God's eye view of him and seen how treacherous he can be. 

3 minutes ago, Doc McCoy said:

This is still bothering me.  We can get a CGI'd zombie polar bear and three dragons, but Ghost is still MIA since the beginning of Season 6.  #freeghost

Where is Ghost?

Did we see Ghost and Arya meet in the forest a few episodes ago?

Just now, fantastic_four said:

That was her dire wolf, Nymeria, that she was forced to release in Season 1.  She's been running wild in the river lands and forming a huge pack of her own.

2 minutes ago, topofthetotem said:
18 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I guess because we have a God's eye view of him and seen how treacherous he can be. 

But we've also had that same God's eye view to see him profess feelings for Catelyn.  I can't be sure it's actual love and not just him kinda liking her for who she is but liking the Stark name far more, but he has definitely professed a preference for her in scenes where he wasn't just performing for the people around him.

18 minutes ago, Doc McCoy said:
19 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

That was her dire wolf, Nymeria, that she was forced to release in Season 1.  She's been running wild in the river lands and forming a huge pack of her own.

Ghost is at Winterfell with Sansa, Arya and Bran Stark (when Jon left to meet Dany)

Edited by Gotham Kid

16 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

But we've also had that same God's eye view to see him profess feelings for Catelyn.  I can't be sure it's actual love and not just him kinda liking her for who she is but liking the Stark name far more, but he has definitely professed a preference for her in scenes where he wasn't just performing for the people around him.

Little finger is playing the game of thrones for little finger.

Swords and axes and dragons are the weapons for warriors and little finger is not one, last time he picked up a sword Brandon Stark nearly killed him.

His weapon is his machinations, his words, his ability to acquire information and formulate plans and manipulate. Anything he says cannot be taken a face value.  Its not really that complicated. 

Do you think if he got this he'd stop what he's been doing?

IMG_0115.JPG

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:51 AM, Chuck Gower said:

I've heard talk that the servant girl who is at the door when Cersei and Jamie are in bed could possibly be Anya (using her ability to be someone else), but yeah, ultimately I like the idea of Jamie killing Cersei in the end....

Catching up on this thread (from the beginning) now that I'm all caught up. 

I've thought for years now that it would be Jamie that kills her (back when I read the books).   The prophecy says she would be killed by her little brother.   Naturally, everyone assumes that's Tyrion (including Cersei).  While Jamie and Cersei are twins, she was born first.   So, Jamie is her "little brother".    

Seems a very "Martin" thing to do. 

7 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives"...

Final episode is upon us.  They didn't tease this at the beginning of the season for no reason.

:fear:

3 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Catching up on this thread (from the beginning) now that I'm all caught up. 

I've thought for years now that it would be Jamie that kills her (back when I read the books).   The prophecy says she would be killed by her little brother.   Naturally, everyone assumes that's Tyrion (including Cersei).  While Jamie and Cersei are twins, she was born first.   So, Jamie is her "little brother".    

Seems a very "Martin" thing to do. 

That's my bet Jamie will do the deed. 

Here's a new theory making its way around the reporting sites. Though I don't know if I would 'freak out' after all the other twists and turns.

‘Game Of Thrones’: Is Cersei SPOILER's Mother? This Fan Theory Will Blow Your Mind

Could Cersei’s firstborn child, the one that supposedly died of a fever, actually be alive? This new ‘Game of Thrones’ fan theory suggests that Cersei is this fan favorite character’s mother! Prepare to FREAK OUT.

What if Cersei’s (Lena Headey) first child, the one she had with Robert Baratheon (Mark Addy), didn’t really die? Reddit user roniza has come up with a pretty mind-blowing theory that says Gendry’s (Joe Dempsie) mother is none other than Cersei! The fan brings up that Cersei tells Catelyn (Michelle Fairley) in season one that her first-born son was black-haired like Robert. Gendry has black hair. Later, Gendry reveals to Ned (Sean Bean) that his mother had “yellow hair.” Guess who has yellow hair? CERSEI! “I think it’s possible Cersei faked her son’s death (Gendry) and sent him away, so the rightful heir to the throne will be the child of her and Jaime,” the fan writes.

Edited by Bosco685

And one that has been floating around for a few months now. Worth a read. Especially how he may have caused the Mad King situation to occur. But still, a fan theory.

Understanding the Bran/Night King Theory From GAME OF THRONES

bran-night-king.jpg

Like a snowball rolling down a mountain, a potentially Westeros-shattering Game of Thrones fan theory has been building momentum the last couple of months, and it could explain everything that has happened in the Seven Kingdoms for thousands and thousands of year. More importantly though, it could point to how the whole story will end.

It’s the theory that says Brandon Stark is the Night King.

It’s an older theory that found new life with the return of the show, as though Melisandre herself brought it back from the dead. But what evidence is there to support it? How could young Bran simultaneously be the new Three-Eyed Raven and the White Walker leader? And what does it mean for the end of Game of Thrones?