• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

On 7/17/2017 at 0:57 PM, MustEatBrains said:

So in the flashback with the young Ned Stark, a couple of questions, who was that girl that delivered the baby, was it Ned's sister?

Also I know the baby is Jon Snow from the cut scene to his face but what is the prevailing thought on who Jon's father is, I don't think it was Ned Stark, correct?

Just caught up with the last three episodes as I've been away.  Gilly makes an important statement regarding the fact that Rhaegar's marriage was annulled and he was immediately remarried.  Sounds to me like Jon Snow isn't a btard after all but the legitimate child of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen who were in fact married.  Make's Dany his Aunt I think.

Edited by ThothAmon

16 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

And one that has been floating around for a few months now. Worth a read. Especially how he may have caused the Mad King situation to occur. But still, a fan theory.

Understanding the Bran/Night King Theory From GAME OF THRONES

That's an awfully compelling hypothesis.  Seems consistent.

21 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Just caught up with the last three episodes as I've been away.  Gilly makes an important statement regarding the fact that Rhaegar's marriage was annulled and he was immediately remarried.  Sounds to me like Jon Snow isn't a btard after all but the legitimate child of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen who were in fact married.  Make's Dany his Aunt I think.

Which makes things sort of weird since they obviously have the hots for one another.  At least they are not siblings. :o

The sad part, knowing this is coming to an end soon, is the hint Martin gave to what that experience will be like.

"I think you need to have some hope...we all yearn for happy endings in a sense. Myself, I’m attracted to the bittersweet ending. People ask me how Game of Thrones is gonna end, and I’m not gonna tell them … but I always say to expect something bittersweet in the end," he said. "You can't just fulfill a quest and then pretend life is perfect."

:eek:

Even the Bran/Night King theory uses that as a validation point.

3 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Which makes things sort of weird since they obviously have the hots for one another.  At least they are not siblings. :o

giphy.gif

Edited by comix4fun

GAME OF THRONES Season 7 Finale Is Titled "The Dragon And The Wolf"; Will Run For Almost 80 Minutes

HBO has revealed that this Sunday's season 7 finale of Game of Thrones will be titled "The Dragon and the Wolf", which should make Dany/Jon shippers happy - although if The Dragon Queen really is The King in The North's Aunt, well... that's gonna get awkward.

At any rate, we'll have plenty of time to see how events unfold as the episode is set to run for 79 minutes and 43 seconds, making it the longest ever installment of the epic fantasy drama series.

Interesting title.

3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Why does that make his intentions towards her devious?

Because it's been made very clear that Littlefinger is in it to win it. 

Not only does he lust after Sansa, she's the key to legitimizing his claim.

So from Littlefinger's perspective, it's win-win-win.

Bilbo and company are trapped by wargs, the Eagles miraculously appear to rescue them.

Gandalf is trapped in Isengard. The Eagle rescues him.

Frodo and Sam are about to be devoured by lava at Mt doom., the Eagles race north to rescue them.

Snow and company are trapped by the dead, Dragons rescue them.

Air Support. Don't go questing without it.

Edited by shadroch

topofthetotemsaid:

Little finger is playing the game of thrones for little finger.

Swords and axes and dragons are the weapons for warriors and little finger is not one, last time he picked up a sword Brandon Stark nearly killed him.

For some reason I'm drawing a blank on this. 

When did Brandon Stark nearly kill little finger?

Edited by Domo Arigato

40 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

For some reason I'm drawing a blank on this. 

When did Brandon Stark nearly kill little finger?

Brandon Stark is the older brother of Ned and the original bethrothal of Catherine Tully (Stark) but he was murdered along with Ned's dad by the Mad King.

2 minutes ago, topofthetotem said:

Brandon Stark is the older brother of Ned and the original bethrothal of Catherine Tully (Stark) but he was murdered along with Ned's dad by the Mad King.

Ok....got it.  I seem to remember something about it. 

Wasn't the encounter between Little Finger and Brandon Stark just talked about in an episode and not actually shown?

23 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Wasn't the encounter between Little Finger and Brandon Stark just talked about in an episode and not actually shown?

Yep it hasn't been shown but discussed many times.

1 hour ago, Domo Arigato said:
1 hour ago, topofthetotem said:

Yes, it happened before the show started (and they haven't shown it, and probably won't).  Actually it happened a little bit before Robert's Rebellion, so roughly between 20-25 years before the show started. 

Here's some brief nerdy cliff's notes:

- Little Finger grew up with the Tully sisters Catelyn and Lysa.

- Lysa was in love w/LF, and LF was in love with Cat.

- At some point, Cat was betrothed to Brandon Stark, who was to be the next Lord of Winterfell.

- LF got mad and challenged Brandon Stark, and quickly got his salad tossed in embarrassing fashion.

- Lyanna Stark (sister to Ned and Brandon, loved by Robert Baratheon) was then 'kidnapped' by the Crown Prince, Rhaggar Targaryen.

- Brandon Stark and his dad went to King's Landing to try to free Lyanna Stark, and were both killed by the Mad King.

- Ned Stark 'honorably' married Catelyn Tully in the place of his brother, and knocked her up with Robb during the war.

- Ned Stark went off deeper into Robert's Rebellion, and came back after the war with the Jon Snow.

side notes:

Rhaggar was already married to a Martell at the time of the kidnapping.

Lysa Tully went on to marry Jon Arryn (Lord Protector of the Vale), the Hand of the King who mysteriously died right before the beginning of the show, which triggered Robert Baratheon going to Winterfell in the first episode of the show to ask Ned to be the new Hand.  She apparently did this at the request of Littlefinger, who eventually married Lysa AND triggered the CHAOS LADDER which he hopes to climb.

Edited by revat