• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,371 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, marvelcollector said:

Reverse engineer would bring them to life.  Life opposite of death. Last I looked.

Well, he's missing about 1/3 of his torso....so...ummm....that's gonna be a tall order. 

7 hours ago, comix4fun said:
8 hours ago, marvelcollector said:

Reverse engineer would bring them to life.  Life opposite of death. Last I looked.

Well, he's missing about 1/3 of his torso....so...ummm....that's gonna be a tall order. 

7 hours ago, marvelcollector said:

I was speaking in general.

and why not bring back Ned Stark while they're at it ? :smirk:

Edited by Gotham Kid

4 minutes ago, marvelcollector said:

I was speaking in general.

Who are you referring to?

I can't find the post they were talking about Qyburn bringing the reanimated Dragon back from the "undead". 

On 8/21/2017 at 7:59 PM, marvelcollector said:

I'm holding out hope that the dragon can be turned back somehow.

Oh, and the people too.

Maybe Quyburn is able to reverse engineer from the captured wight.

This was the quote.....

9 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Because it's been made very clear that Littlefinger is in it to win it. 

Not only does he lust after Sansa, she's the key to legitimizing his claim.

So from Littlefinger's perspective, it's win-win-win.

Did Sansa ever get divorced from Tyrion?

Doesn't the fact that Little Finger is just about old enough to be her grandfather bother anyone?

I think Arya is going to deface him at some point anyway.

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

Did Sansa ever get divorced from Tyrion?

Doesn't the fact that Little Finger is just about old enough to be her grandfather bother anyone?

I think Arya is going to deface him at some point anyway.

Sansa and Tyrion never consummated their marriage so it's null and void.

Little finger is creepy no matter what. 

I think it would be more satisfying to have Sansa get revenge for all he's done to her specifically with marrying her off to the  Boltons. 

Edited by topofthetotem

4 hours ago, topofthetotem said:

I think it would be more satisfying to have Sansa get revenge for all he's done to her specifically with marrying her off to the  Boltons. 

She had a choice, didn't she?  I thought Littlefinger just proposed it as her best option and she ended up agreeing with him.

6 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

That's been common throughout human history prior to the 20th century.  It was certainly a thing during the heyday of the European kings with far more mismatched marriages than the 47 year old Littlefinger and the 21 year old Sansa.  That's a 26 year gap, but more than a few kings and queens had gaps ranging from 30-something years up to 50-something years, and this is medieval fantasy, so it seems in play.

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

That's been common throughout human history prior to the 20th century.  It was certainly a thing during the heyday of the European kings with far more mismatched marriages than the 47 year old Littlefinger and the 21 year old Sansa.  That's a 26 year gap, but more than a few kings and queens had gaps ranging from 30-something years up to 50-something years, and this is medieval fantasy, so it seems in play.

I understand the historical thing, but it's the creepiness factor now.

8 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:
2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I understand the historical thing, but it's the creepiness factor now.

She won't be forced into it like most of the past queens were, so what's the problem?  Their age difference is about as much as the one between Donald and Melania Trump, i.e. 70 vs. 47.  If both sides willingly do it for whatever reason, it's fine.

15 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

She won't be forced into it like most of the past queens were, so what's the problem?  Their age difference is about as much as the one between Donald and Melania Trump, i.e. 70 vs. 47.  If both sides willingly do it for whatever reason, it's fine.

Sansa was not 21 when he started hitting on her. She was about 14.

Edit, make that 12, the actress is 21, he's 49. Sansa is supposed to be 19 now.  I love the show and the story, but I think Martin is a little weird.

Edited by skypinkblu

27 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I love the show and the story, but I think Martin is a little weird.

When a kid sees his turtles dying, and develops a story they are warring over who gets the throne, that's definitely a different level of mindset.

Edited by Bosco685

I would find it far weirder if I were Sansa that he translated his love for for my mom into some sort of attachment to me.  :eek:

Either way any proposed union between them appears to be a proposed marriage of convenience, something most of us also assume is true of Melania Trump.  And also for that woman Louise Linton/Mnuchin who entered the news yesterday that's married to the Treasury Secretary pictured below.  He's a rich accountant who is 54, she's an actress who is 36, he's a 4, she's an 8...that apparent trophy wife/sugar daddy matchup makes far less sense to me than Sansa and Baelish.

3A47148000000578-3985386-image-a-29_1480

Edited by fantastic_four

5 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

She had a choice, didn't she?  I thought Littlefinger just proposed it as her best option and she ended up agreeing with him.

Kinda, yeah she did but the beauty of the books and what I like about the books and the show is that every choice has a repercussion both positive and negative. 

If we look at Ned, he is seen as probably the most honourable person in the series but he has been described as Robert's mad dog by Dany.

The scene at Eastwatch's prison perfectly illustrates how convoluted alliances and realagionships can be. 

7 minutes ago, topofthetotem said:

Kinda, yeah she did but the beauty of the books and what I like about the books and the show is that every choice has a repercussion both positive and negative. 

If we look at Ned, he is seen as probably the most honourable person in the series but he has been described as Robert's mad dog by Dany.

The scene at Eastwatch's prison perfectly illustrates how convoluted alliances and realagionships can be. 

I hereby vow to use this word in a sentence no less than 8 times today. 

22 minutes ago, topofthetotem said:

yah all the dichotomies are the best part. 

Ned, allegedly the most honorable man around, let everyone think he killed the Sword of the Morning, when in reality he was stabbed in the back.

And Danerys, most people like her, but should rightfully be concerned about her propensity to burn people alive

Jamie, I think most people kind of root for at this point, despite the twincest and the attempted murder of Bran, murdering his cousin, kinglsaying, etc.  Also, he has to have the worst Kingsguard stats in REAL OR FAKE HISTORY

- Aegon Targaryen (he killed him!), Robert Baratheon, Joffrey, Tommen all died on his watch, and none of them by natural causes or fighting in a war. 

Edited by revat

23 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I hereby vow to use this word in a sentence no less than 8 times today. 

31 minutes ago, topofthetotem said:

2 minutes ago, topofthetotem said:

Ugh! :cry:

Naw, it's great!  It sounds like it could almost be a word for people super friendly with Targaryans....

REAL-AEGON-SHIPS