• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

I'd like to see Sansa do the deed.:devil: I'll settle for Arya though, since she's more suited for it.

Strong rumors it ends up being Sansa directing Arya to put Little Finger to death. Especially after seeing her in action.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Strong rumors it ends up being Sansa directing Arya to put Little Finger to death. Especially after seeing her in action.

I want to see her plunge the dagger herself considering the whole Bolton marriage fiasco arranged by him. At least the death blow. Arya can incapacitate him & let Sansa get her hands dirty.:wishluck:

3 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

I'd like to see Sansa do the deed.:devil: I'll settle for Arya though, since she's more suited for it.

It would be classic to see Arya do it. I could imagine Little Finger gloating about how he has manipulated the Starks to one of his allies, only to have Arya peel off a mask right before she kills him!

I hope they keep Littlefinger around until the bitter end with Sansa assuming the Iron Throne. Then they can kill him off with her promising her hand to him and then having Arya knife him when Sansa gets the throne. Right now Euron and Littlefinger have the potential to create the most chaos which is fun.

Edited by kimik

17 hours ago, marvelcollector said:

I can't put my finger on it, but I don't trust Sansa.

My Spidey sense goes off like crazy with her.

There's something "off" about her; her reactions seem inappropriate too often.

Totally agree. From the early episodes she has always been portrayed as very self centered/selfish.

Before this is over she'll be up to no good.

11 minutes ago, HighRadArt said:

I think they all kill each other and have to put a box on the iron throne for the dwarf to sit on.

I'm starting to think they'll put someone truly unexpected on the throne. Would it be bizarre if it's a character introduced in Season 8?

Just now, piper said:

I'm starting to think they'll put someone truly unexpected on the throne. Would it be bizarre if it's a character introduced in Season 8?

Wouldn't it be wild if the Night King is the ultimate winner and sits on the throne to rule Deadworld? :insane:

23 minutes ago, piper said:

The Dark Horse - Gendry Baratheon/Snow.

20 hours ago, marvelcollector said:

I can't put my finger on it, but I don't trust Sansa.

My Spidey sense goes off like crazy with her.

There's something "off" about her; her reactions seem inappropriate too often.

Because Sansa's not Sansa?  That's my only guess.  Her path and story have diverged so much from the books, and she has assumed the storylines and personalities of so many different characters from the books whom were not introduced into the show, that the writers have no idea where to take her?

5 minutes ago, kimik said:
28 minutes ago, piper said:

The Dark Horse - Gendry Baratheon/Snow

Assuming Gendry was born in King's Landing, which seems like are reasonable assumption as he grew up in King's Landing and his theoretical father (Robert Baratheon) lived in King's landing, Gendry's last name would actually be 'Storm', the surname in Kings Landing and Dragonstone.

I'm a nerd.

16 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

Because Sansa's not Sansa?  That's my only guess.  Her path and story have diverged so much from the books, and she has assumed the storylines and personalities of so many different characters from the books whom were not introduced into the show, that the writers have no idea where to take her?

I know in the book she's not Sansa but that was never played out in the series. Which I'm guessing you're referring to.

Edited by HighRadArt

Game of Thrones: This Surprisingly Plausible Theory Reveals Why Bran Gives Arya His Dagger

852b3dd96b073e5073b064bb94010184

Though the parameters of Bran's newfound abilities haven't been made totally clear, both of these interactions (as well as multiple instances in season six) prove that he can observe any event in the past. But does he have the power to see into the future as well?

As Reddit user mn_lax_man recently pointed out, the Three-Eyed Raven's abilities seem to be leaning more toward being omnipotent, which could have some pretty startling implications for the show moving forward. See, if Bran can see what might happen in the future, everything he says and does from now on is technically foreshadowing.

[This] does hold some weight when you take into account what Bran hands Arya in episode four. After Littlefinger gifts Bran the Valyrian steel dagger that basically started the War of the Five Kings after an assassin tried to kill little Bran with it in season one, he immediately passes it on to Arya. Now why would the Three-Eyed Raven take time out of his day to give his sister a thoughtful gift?

Bran could just be giving it to his sister as a sign of brotherly love, but as mn_lax_man mentions, the gift might also have a way bigger thought process behind it. If he indeed is omnipotent (and can see the future), there's a chance he sees Arya going up against a White Walker at some point down the line. Because what kills White Walkers? Valyrian steel. His choice to give his sister the dagger also plays the theory that Arya is going to be the one to kill Littlefinger.

I was wondering what Bran says to Littlefinger that makes him freeze.

"Chaos Is a Ladder" Is a Callback to Littlefinger's Previous Speech

As Littlefinger makes an attempt to get on Bran's good side by consoling him with a small speech about all of the "chaos" he's seen, his spiel is cut short by Bran, who flatly responds with "chaos is a ladder." The line startles Littlefinger, as it's actually a nod to something he says during a speech in a previous season.

It comes from a short speech Littlefinger gives to Varys back in season three during his attempt to explain to the Master of Whispers that the realm is a lie. Varys responds to his quip, stating that once we abandon the lie, all we have left is a "gaping pit" of chaos. And that's when Littlefinger sprinkles down on him these words of wisdom:

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, never to try again. The fall breaks them. And some given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love, the illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is."

Littlefinger basically uses the speech to inform Varys that he is aware of the fact that Varys had used Ros to spy and passes off information to him. We find out at the end of the episode that Littlefinger passes Ros off to Joffrey, who ends up playing target practice with her.

Cut to the present, and it seems as though Bran is letting Littlefinger know that he can see right through him, despite the fact that Littlefinger has made it through multiple seasons pulling the wool over the eyes of nearly everyone in Westeros.