2,235 posts in this topic

79,760 posts

Uh-oh!

HBO is sending Game of Thrones to San Diego Comic Con this year, a couple of months after the popular series came to a divisive conclusion. It is unclear which cast members of the eight season series will be in attendance but the options include Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, John Bradley, Isaac Hempstead Wright, Liam Cunningham, Maisie Williams, and Sophie Turner. There is no final word on which actors will make appearances. The Game of Thrones panel is expected to take place in the San Diego Convention Center's world famous Hall H.

Assuming HBO won't be making any announcements regarding the upcoming spinoff shows, this won't be the first time Game of Thrones went to Hall H with no news to share. Previously, the cast members have been carted onto the stage with little knowledge and no scripts from upcoming seasons. In this case, HBO rolls out a blooper reel or other entertaining exclusive content for the near 7,000 fans who slept on the sidewalk in San Diego to cram into Hall H.

195 posts
5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Uh-oh!

Does anyone think this is a good idea? I mean, the fans aren't upset at any of the actors, but if D&D are there it could get ugly... 

79,760 posts
8 minutes ago, Kon_Jelly said:

Does anyone think this is a good idea? I mean, the fans aren't upset at any of the actors, but if D&D are there it could get ugly... 

emotion01.gif.8da0040b20f2344902d47b7cde188c69.gif

266 posts

they are probably going to SDCC to see if they can milk so more money out of the Series lol

wouldn't it be shocking if they announced "Hey fans! We heard you and we are coming back to remake the final season!"

nothing against he cast or production crew it was amazingly done just story was so rushed as we have stated many times over this forum and many others.

41,716 posts

I'm sure it's to promote the prequel.  Maybe they've done some casting and it'll be a mix of the old and new cast promoting it.

266 posts
Just now, fantastic_four said:

I'm sure it's to promote the prequel.  Maybe they've done some casting and it'll be a mix of the old and new cast promoting it.

but I thought the prequels would be completely different characters, but I guess you could be right about the mixture of new and old cast members promoting the prequels.

79,760 posts
4 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

THIS is most probably what the real news is going to be. Though better they had just made that clear beforehand rather than associate it with Season 8.

41,716 posts

We won't know the new cast, so bringing the old one instantly grants legitimacy to the new guys.

1,879 posts
41 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

We won't know the new cast, so bringing the old one instantly grants legitimacy to the new guys.

They could use the old cast to introduce the new cast.  A passing of the torch kind of thing.

1,879 posts
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kon_Jelly said:

HBO submits GoT finale, "The Iron Throne", for Best Writing at Emmys 2019: https://www.tvguide.com/news/hbo-game-of-thrones-emmys-submissions/ 

:roflmao:

The --script that only has about 20 minutes of dialog in an 80 minute episode, make little sense from several story perspectives, and fell with a giant thud for around 50% of the fanbase. Yeah, that make sense.:insane:

Edited by drotto