2,293 posts in this topic

82,956 posts

They were reporting today the Emmys was down by 7M viewers compared to previous years. Wow!

4,730 posts

Whatever your issue with season 8, it's unfair to hold the actors and actresses accountable for the writers' actions. 

2,080 posts
7 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

They were reporting today the Emmys was down by 7M viewers compared to previous years. Wow!

Its a borderline 19th century tradition trying to stay relevant in the 21st century. Besides, no one really likes the shows that win anyway traditionally. Its just stuff were told is "powerful and brave". I'm shocked it wasn't halved. People are cool (if the market supports it) for these folks making 10x the lifetime earning of the average American for simply playing pretend for 6 months on set. However it seems most people in the world are losing interest in those same people then giving each other awards for said pretend-play. We watch movies for the characters they portray not for the people inhabiting them.

Actually do you know you do if you want to make these award shows more interesting? Have the awards be for things like "favorite character" and have the actors appears in character costume, then give the acceptance speech as them. That show would do 20x the number....omg thats gonna happen some day i bet.

82,956 posts
4 hours ago, zhamlau said:

Its a borderline 19th century tradition trying to stay relevant in the 21st century. Besides, no one really likes the shows that win anyway traditionally. Its just stuff were told is "powerful and brave". I'm shocked it wasn't halved. People are cool (if the market supports it) for these folks making 10x the lifetime earning of the average American for simply playing pretend for 6 months on set. However it seems most people in the world are losing interest in those same people then giving each other awards for said pretend-play. We watch movies for the characters they portray not for the people inhabiting them.

Actually do you know you do if you want to make these award shows more interesting? Have the awards be for things like "favorite character" and have the actors appears in character costume, then give the acceptance speech as them. That show would do 20x the number....omg thats gonna happen some day i bet.

It's a fair point about changing up the format.

I can't even remember the last time I watched the Emmy's, even in short bursts to check in to see who won the bigger categories.

1,889 posts
2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

It's a fair point about changing up the format.

I can't even remember the last time I watched the Emmy's, even in short bursts to check in to see who won the bigger categories.

i only watched a few categories as I was bored and nothing else was on to watch and didn't want to start a new Netflix series as I just finished watching Disenchantment.. so just flipped back and fourth 

82,956 posts

82,956 posts

I heard about this event where the show-runners said all sorts of crazy things.

Really weird.

13,643 posts
On 9/23/2019 at 6:16 PM, newshane said:

Whatever your issue with season 8, it's unfair to hold the actors and actresses accountable for the writers' actions. 

Was anyone actually trying to do this? Criticism I have seen was solely directed at the show-runners.

Actors get held accountable for bad acting.

4,730 posts
28 minutes ago, RedRaven said:

Was anyone actually trying to do this? Criticism I have seen was solely directed at the show-runners.

Actors get held accountable for bad acting.

The actors were getting booed at nearly every public appearance. 

13,643 posts
1 hour ago, newshane said:

The actors were getting booed at nearly every public appearance. 

Ouch.

82,956 posts
7 minutes ago, RedRaven said:

Ouch.

Is that actually an accurate statement, though? I didn't hear them being booed at the 2019 SDCC panel. But maybe I am mistaken.

4,730 posts
6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Is that actually an accurate statement, though? I didn't hear them being booed at the 2019 SDCC panel. But maybe I am mistaken.

"nearly" is an important qualifier in my statement. 

The actors have taken quite a bit of backlash. They are the face of the show. Reasonable people like us understand that it's the fault of the writers, but reasonable people are in the minority these days. 

4,730 posts

Looks like it happens primarily when they start defending the writers...

booed.JPG