2,312 posts in this topic

3,972 posts
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the update.  I know the finale was sometime ago but it would have been cool for John to have been standing in front of the throne and survived the dragons fire at the end as only a Targaryen could!  Seems like a simple tweek that would have made a much cooler ending.  Martin will change the ending I'm sure, he's no where as pc as the HBO writers apparently were.

Edited by ThothAmon

88,277 posts

"As for finishing my book… I fear that New Zealand would distract me entirely too much.   Best leave me here in Westeros for the nonce.   But I tell you this — if I don’t have THE WINDS OF WINTER in hand when I arrive in New Zealand for WorldCon, you have here my formal written permission to imprison me in a small cabin on White Island, overlooking that lake of sulfuric acid, until I’m done. Just so long as the acrid fumes do not screw up my old DOS word processor, I’ll be fine."

1,525 posts

OK, you might have to put your thinking caps on for this one as my memory of these shows is kind of fading fast.

I have a question about a woman I saw in one of the later seasons, but I don't know which. She was talking to Jorah while wearing a mask (you could only see her eyes), but I can't remember what she said. (Was it a warning?) They were at some kind of gathering, I think, but I don't recall what the occasion was.

I really don't feel like rewatching the entire series to find out who she was, or what her story was. Can anyone help? I know I'm being very vague.

88,277 posts
13 minutes ago, Gaard said:

OK, you might have to put your thinking caps on for this one as my memory of these shows is kind of fading fast.

I have a question about a woman I saw in one of the later seasons, but I don't know which. She was talking to Jorah while wearing a mask (you could only see her eyes), but I can't remember what she said. (Was it a warning?) They were at some kind of gathering, I think, but I don't recall what the occasion was.

I really don't feel like rewatching the entire series to find out who she was, or what her story was. Can anyone help? I know I'm being very vague.

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Quaithe

1,525 posts

Thanks dude. That's who I was talking about. Only appeared in 2 episodes. Pretty minor character.

23,559 posts
On 7/29/2020 at 12:47 PM, Bosco685 said:

Did the book come out on time?

88,277 posts

647 posts

Ok what comes out first? The next book from GRRM, McFarlane’s Spawn movie or Avatar 2: The Search For More Money?