• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,371 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Well, if we're gonna dally in crazy talk we might as well put Gendry or Tyrion on therelol.  You can't have a Stark ruling the North and on the Iron Throne:sumo:.

One of the theories pushed by a few of the 'book-to-TV show' sites is Dany will die after falling in love with Jon (so I guess they won't realize the Targaryen blood situation), and Jon will be on a vengeance quest against the Night King.  In winning, it just so happens he lands on the Iron Throne - unwillingly.

Another, far-fetched one is there must always be a Night King to counter the living. So to end the war, Jon takes his place. Which if that happened, I think people would lose their minds after 8 seasons.

Agreed, but I think it is winding down due budgetary constraints. The biggest problem for HBO is the lack of ability to raise advertising dollars from its top shows. They would make a killing from GotG, which would cover its production costs and generate a nice profit for the mother ship.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

One of the theories pushed by a few of the 'book-to-TV show' sites is Dany will die after falling in love with Jon (so I guess they won't realize the Targaryen blood situation), and Jon will be on a vengeance quest against the Night King.  In winning, it just so happens he lands on the Iron Throne - unwillingly.

Another, far-fetched one is there must always be a Night King to counter the living. So to end the war, Jon takes his place. Which if that happened, I think people would lose their minds after 8 seasons.

The Night King already has his replacement - remember the baby from beyond the wall?

5 minutes ago, kimik said:

The Night King already has his replacement - remember the baby from beyond the wall?

It hasn't been cleared up on the show, but in the books there is a rumor of what becomes of all the Craster sons. Remember, he gave up more than one.

Spoiler

In the A Song of Ice and Fire novels, Craster's wives are convinced that the baby boys given by Craster to the Others are, in turn, transformed into new Others. However, no such event has ever been witnessed in the books so far.

Craster's wives do say that they believe that the infant sons that Craster gave the Others as sacrifices were turned into new White Walkers - but it wasn't clear if this is what actually happens, or if it was just the wild suspicion of Craster's frightened, isolated wives. When Samwell is told to flee with Gilly and her newborn son, Gilly urges that if he doesn't "they" will come for him. When he asks who "they" are, another wife says: "The boy's brothers...Craster's sons. The white cold's rising out there, crow. I can feel it in my bones. These poor old bones don't lie. They'll be here soon, the sons."

Confirmation of what exactly happens to Craster's sons has not occurred in the books yet.

Edited by Bosco685

How many Walkers are there then? I think we will see what happens to the Craster's sons at some point. It makes sense to me that if this is an ongoing cycle then they will show some Craster-sicle babies/youths at some point as the next wave of Walkers.

It's been mentioned previously. But after all Benjen and the Starks in general have experienced, what a waste of a character in having him not jump on the horse with Jon. He could have assisted them by serving by the north-side of the wall since he couldn't cross over, as an early alert.

Throwing him away for a quick shock scene and plot fix so Jon lives again was such a sad approach.

Edited by Bosco685

31 minutes ago, kimik said:

I would love to see a plot line where Little Finger helps Sansa get the Iron Throne in the end after Dany/Jon/Cersei/Jamie are all killed off, and then the closing scene is her stabbing him with the dagger. Fade to black, and leave everyone hanging.

Or perhaps just before Sansa plunges the dagger into his chest, Littlefinger takes a step back and removes his face mask revealing Arya. The two sisters smile at each other, and then fade to black.

11 minutes ago, kimik said:

"Fight every battle everywhere, always, in your mind."

lol

6 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Chains likely come from Hardhome. Night King knew Dany would come with her Dragons, that's why he waited long enough (with the misfits stuck on the island) to have the attack initiated.

They could have been at hardhome, possibly used for stuff related to the ships or the wall there.  But also, the zombies have been preparing for this war for 6,000 to 8,000 years, which is more than enough time to amass all kinds of stuff, including big chains (it wasn't like 700 big chains, it was like 10-20?). 

1 hour ago, kimik said:

I would love to see a plot line where Little Finger helps Sansa get the Iron Throne in the end after Dany/Jon/Cersei/Jamie are all killed off, and then the closing scene is her stabbing him with the dagger.

I don't think I'm crystal clear on her reason for hating Littlefinger or everyone's assumption that he will screw her over and/or kill her the first chance he gets.  Haven't they shown him professing his love for Sansa's mom even when no other significant characters are around?  I remember a scene with him and two prostitutes where he's training them to please the king and they invite him to join them but he declines saying that he's saving himself for someone special, with that special person being Catelyn Stark.  Is it not possible that he really does have a special place in his heart--if not also his loins--for her?

Edited by fantastic_four

8 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I don't think I'm crystal clear on her reason for hating Littlefinger or everyone's assumption that he will screw her over and/or kill her the first chance he gets.  Haven't they shown him professing his love for Sansa's mom even when no other significant characters are around?  I remember a scene with him and two prostitutes where he's training them to please the king and they invite him to join them but he declines saying that he's saving himself for someone special, with that special person being Catelyn Stark.  Is it not possible that he really does have a special place in his heart--if not also his loins--for her?

I think is more in line like I can't have your mom I'll just have you instead.