• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

As is mentioned elsewhere, Littlefinger may have faked his own death (a faceless man died instead), which would suit a master manipulator operating behind-the-scenes. Probably still a longshot, but not all that surprising if he ends up being the one.

33 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I'm borderline shocked that nobody has gone into detail about how their dreams came true when Arya had her first sex scene in this episode.  :whatthe:

Glad you got that out of the way. What other dreams were fulfilled last night for you?

:baiting:

:insane:

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:
38 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I'm borderline shocked that nobody has gone into detail about how their dreams came true when Arya had her first sex scene in this episode.  :whatthe:

Glad you got that out of the way. What other dreams were fulfilled last night for you?

:baiting:

:insane:

None, including the one I referenced.  Never been an Arya fan, not sure why she's so well liked.

4 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

None, including the one I referenced.  Never been an Arya fan, not sure why she's so well liked.

I think because the Starks have been such a beaten family, to see any of them achieve such a threat level was exciting for show fans. I know I liked seeing her doing in Walder Fray. But from her first man on, she slowly became an even greater threat. Which made her journey that much more interesting.

And she got better at it. Or at least, quicker to take action.

But to me, this was the one that made it clear her character had changed drastically. Meryn Trant so deserved what came to him. He was the one that beat up Sansa at the command of Joffrey. So well deserved.

5 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Episode 2 was great. No complaints from me...I’m enjoying the pacing of the season so far. I almost feel like I’ll need a breathing mask to get through the next episodes.

My one prediction for episode 3: Jaime dies. 

To me, that doesnt fit Jaime's story arc so I think he lives, now Brienne on the other hand....

I think it would be great closure for the Kingslayer if he sac'd himself to save the Dragon Queen, but I still think another meeting with his sister is in his future. 

2 minutes ago, fett said:

... but I still think another meeting with his sister is in his future. 

Agreed - Kingslayer/Queenslayer?

With the contract out on Jamie and Tyrion, one has to wonder if Bron will follow-through (and die trying).

24 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Episode 2 was great. No complaints from me...I’m enjoying the pacing of the season so far. I almost feel like I’ll need a breathing mask to get through the next episodes.

My one prediction for episode 3: Jaime dies. 

I forget who posted this in the thread. But the suggestion Arya uses Jaime's face in order to get close to Cersei was quite interesting. I had never thought of that before then.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I forget who posted this in the thread. But the suggestion Arya uses Jaime's face in order to get close to Cersei was quite interesting. I had never thought of that before then.

that might "technically" fulfill the prophecy.

1 minute ago, lpsunburst said:

that might "technically" fulfill the prophecy.

That was the suggestion, which once I read it made sense more than I had ever realized. And satisfaction from a revenge perspective for the Starks.

10 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Agreed - Kingslayer/Queenslayer?

With the contract out on Jamie and Tyrion, one has to wonder if Bron will follow-through (and die trying).

I know only one of them can get her, but what if Bronn turns out to be the younger brother of someone we know, (we still don't know why he was north of the wall "working"). The entire series Bronn has been set up and has set himself up as being in it only for the gold. When faced with offing the two Lannisters he likes, he instead offs the one he doesnt like. (I know this is a stretch, but since Bronn and Cersei are Xs in real life and refuse to do scenes together, I think it would appeal to the actor. )

They made a point to showcase Arya’s accuracy with weapons last night, once with the dragon-glass daggers and once with a bow-and-arrows. Then with the special emphasis on the customized weapon Gentry made for her, I think we’re due for her to take out a major baddie next episode!

1 minute ago, fett said:

I know only one of them can get her, but what if Bronn turns out to be the younger brother of someone we know, (we still don't know why he was north of the wall "working"). The entire series Bronn has been set up and has set himself up as being in it only for the gold. When faced with offing the two Lannisters he likes, he instead offs the one he doesnt like. (I know this is a stretch, but since Bronn and Cersei are Xs in real life and refuse to do scenes together, I think it would appeal to the actor. )

That is the wildest thing when I read this last season how scenes had to be shot WITHOUT them being in the same space.

35 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

My one prediction for episode 3: Jaime almost everyone dies. 

Fixed.  There are only a few episodes left, time to go all R. R. Martin and just start whacking characters left and right!  :sumo:

3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Ackchooally.... :D

I was just going to post that - I was surprised at her choice, I would have wagered that she would be vying with Tormund to see who gets "The Big Woman".

I always figured Arya went "that way". hm

Edited by jcjames