• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Antpark said:

I don't see any sort of intelligence built into the Night King's army (other than, maybe the Generals). The rest is just your typical undead horde. Stop. Go. Kill.

The generals and leader control the actions of all their troops. That’s what shocked me, all the generals were right there.

50 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

So why isn't he blue with the Darth Maul horns in the video then?  Also if he's the very first White Walker, then that would have been one of the earlier waves of undead, not this latest one we just saw last episode.

Did anyone see him after the dragon glass was plunged into his chest?

Edit: They stopped the scene after his eyes turned blue.  HBO never showed him from a distance. They focus on his eyes turning blue.

Edited by Catwomancomics

5 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

Here is more info on the Wall, White Walkers and GOT history

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a836729/game-of-thrones-the-wall-falls-battle-magic/

By the way, the actor that took over playing the Night King (Vladimír Furdík) - he's the same actor in that scene where the human is changed into a White Walker.

nightking01.thumb.PNG.7bbc73c635781064833d4085a075974a.PNG

15 Things You Didn't Know About Vladimir Furdik, The Night King

I keep going back to the 30-second "conversation" that Bran and NK had.... that was one of the greatest moments in the entire series! 

FF to the 1:00 mark: (I don't know how to embed a video into this forum)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqH7028hvlM

Bran looks up at NK.

NK "says" something, you can see it in his eyes.

Bran "hears" it and looks down thinking about it, then he looks up with a response.

NK tilts his head at Bran's response, tenses his mouth a bit and begins to breathe deep,

Then he reaches for his sword....

That was such a powerful 30-seconds.. I really really hope the contents of that conversation are brought out next episode. 

4 minutes ago, jcjames said:

I keep going back to the 30-second "conversation" that Bran and NK had.... that was one of the greatest moments in the entire series! 

FF to the 1:00 mark: (I don't know how to embed a video into this forum)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqH7028hvlM

Bran looks up at NK.

NK "says" something, you can see it in his eyes.

Bran "hears" it and looks down thinking about it, then he looks up with a response.

NK tilts his head at Bran's response, tenses his mouth a bit and begins to breathe deep,

Then he reaches for his sword....

That was such a powerful 30-seconds.. I really really hope the contents of that conversation are brought out next episode. 

I caught that as well. Just their expressions and head-eye movements. So cool!

2 minutes ago, jcjames said:

How do you DO that!?

Are you a wizard? 

No, really how do that? (embed a vid)

A man has many talents. A man cannot make a thing happen before it is time.

4 minutes ago, jcjames said:

How do you DO that!?

Are you a wizard? 

No, really how do that? (embed a vid)

Now seriously, what you do is copy the main address on a Youtube video versus the linked address. At the old forum we had to use the latter and not the former. Now, it is the other way around.

:foryou:

Season 8 episodes revealed so far.

Episode 01 - Winterfell (54 minutes) - 11.76M viewers (USA only)

Episode 02 - A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms (58 minutes) - 10.29 viewers (USA only)

Episode 03 - The Long Night (82 minutes) - TBD viewers (USA only)

Episode 04 - TBD (78 minutes) - TBD viewers (USA only)

Episode 05 - TBD (79 minutes) - TBD viewers (USA only)

Episode 06 - TBD (79 minutes) - TBD viewers (USA only)

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

By the way, the actor that took over playing the Night King (Vladimír Furdík) - he's the same actor in that scene where the human is changed into a White Walker.

nightking01.thumb.PNG.7bbc73c635781064833d4085a075974a.PNG

15 Things You Didn't Know About Vladimir Furdik, The Night King

By the way, the actor that played Night King II also played the White Walker General that Jon destroyed at Hardhome. This was before the first actor left/was fired/creative differences separation.

GAME OF THRONES' Night King Actor Reveals Some Major Insights on Season 8

Richard-furdik-1200x676.jpg

@fantastic_four just so he doesn't miss these details.

3 hours ago, topofthetotem said:

I had no problem watching this episode in high def with the lights off a' la movie theater style.

I didn't find the scenes too dark or washed out.

yeah I have Cable TV and ordered HBO and I just turned down the lights and it was ok for me yes mind you it was dark but not black screen like some are saying lol 

I caught that as well. Just their expressions and head-eye movements. So cool!

I only saw the expressions in their eyes but I found it weird that he watches and sees the dagger drop and looks at it as Arya stabs him, specially if he could of grabbed her out of the air while turning around after reaching for his sword. I feel like he knew he was going to Die. Maybe I'm reading into it to much lol 

The Burlington Bar does these reaction videos where its patrons are shown watching the show together. I'd say Lady Morton's passing went over huge from the tears.

But wow!