• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, comix4fun said:

I think I have to start paying more attention to the opening credits....

Reveal hidden contents

495390924_gotopeningcredits.gif.2a3ca78c204cb031343c917d3e3d39a8.gif

I noticed it last night for the first time, but it's been there all season....

I don't get it.  The scene is a recreation of the test performed under the Red Keep however many seasons ago.  And viewers were again reminded of its potential when Bronn fired it out of the wagon.  It's not really a tease of any kind.

1 minute ago, ExNihilo said:

I don't get it.  The scene is a recreation of the test performed under the Red Keep however many seasons ago.  And viewers were again reminded of its potential when Bronn fired it out of the wagon.  It's not really a tease of any kind.

Right. An intro animation with a Ballista being fired directly at the image of a dragon isn't anything to take note of in an episode where a ballista is fired at a dragon, on a series that repeatedly has altered the opening animation to match, hint, or highlight what's happening in the plot lines of the show. 

1 minute ago, comix4fun said:

Right. An intro animation with a Ballista being fired directly at the image of a dragon isn't anything to take note of in an episode where a ballista is fired at a dragon, on a series that repeatedly has altered the opening animation to match, hint, or highlight what's happening in the plot lines of the show. 

But that's the same intro they've used all season.  The hint came from the actual episode in which the test was conducted (posted earlier by Bosco).

3 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

But that's the same intro they've used all season.  The hint came from the actual episode in which the test was conducted (posted earlier by Bosco).

Yes, this season, which is only 6 episodes...the scorpion is obviously playing a key role in altering the attack plans this season. In past seasons they've included little plot points (whether that specific episode or somewhere in the season) that, if viewers are paying attention, are actually hints at what's happening in the overall plot. This season they start it with the breaching of the wall from last season and proceed forward from there. The test from the Red Keep of the Scorpion wasn't included in past seasons....it was in this one...where it's finally, actually, effective. It's not a coincidence. 

Sticking to the developments in this episode, I can't believe there isn't more angst being expressed about

Spoiler

the death of the second dragon AND Missande. I am royally :pullhair:

As to getting to an un-rushed satisfactory ending, they have two and a half hours left. That's a complete movie. And they don't have to use time explaining motivations, or developing characters. They've had 7 years of that. The stage is set and the audience is properly educated.

...And they'll leave loose ends for the prequels and Martin's (quixotically hoped for) books.

4 hours ago, jcjames said:

65622.jpeg

This also reflects when the series began to outpace the books.  Left to their own plot devices, combined with HBO’s budget concerns, along with looking ahead to spin-offs, the show runners appear to be limping to the finish.  Fingers crossed for a satisfactory ending (since it may be the only one we ever get) or a shocking announcement that George R.R. Martin has completed the “The Winds of Winter”. 

Question: when the Night King raised all the fallen soldiers at the end of episode 3, wouldn’t that have meant they would all have turned to dust when the Night King was killed? How were the bodies still around for the funeral scene at the beginning of episode 4?

2 minutes ago, Sardo Numspar said:

Question: when the Night King raised all the fallen soldiers at the end of episode 3, wouldn’t that have meant they would all have turned to dust when the Night King was killed? How were the bodies still around for the funeral scene at the beginning of episode 4?

I wondered that as well. But I think the ones we saw exploding into ice-dust were the White Walkers (generals). The mindless Walkers just fell down in place. I believe.

13 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

And now Starbucks has gotten in on the fun.

That Starbucks thing was totally intentional.  They probably paid HBO millions for that "product placement".  No way it would've been missed in editing.  They could've easily digitally erased it.  

24 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

That Starbucks thing was totally intentional.  They probably paid HBO millions for that "product placement".  No way it would've been missed in editing.  They could've easily digitally erased it.  

xD

The show is definitely letting it play out, and keeping the discussion going.