• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

So I guess we're going to see one of the dragons get slain with that new anti-dragon ballista.  Bet they don't kill more than one though and that it's one of the smaller ones.

Macall-B.-Polay-HBO-Photo-2.jpg?fit=740,

Anyone here old enough to remember this scene from The 7th Voyage of Sinbad? A Harryhausen classic, and an eerie connection to last night's revelation of the dragon slayer ...

sinbad7th8.jpg

On 7/31/2017 at 3:06 PM, Jayman said:

Yup! He's gonna be in some hot soup with Cerci when she finds out he offed her humanely. Considering what she did and the plans Cerci had for her. :eek:

No worries. My thought is that Jamie will be the one to kill Cersei in the end. It is only fitting that the Oath Breaker kills a Mad King and Mad Queen.

7 minutes ago, kimik said:

No worries. My thought is that Jamie will be the one to kill Cersei in the end. It is only fitting that the Oath Breaker kills a Mad King and Mad Queen.

That's been one of the long-standing assumptions is Jaime will kill Cercei.

I forget. Does he know she caused that the wildfire incident?

Yes, I believe he does know. 

If that is a long-standing assumption, then it probably will not happen that way. I can see Sansa getting rid of her as well. Or better yet, the last dragon standing ripping her apart for devising a weapon to kill the others.

The one sibbling battle I am looking forward to is the Hound vs. the Mountain. That should be a fun one. Now that the hand is a "soldier of the light" maybe he can use fire to burn the mountain?

Two theories I am looking forward to see what comes of them.

- Bran crossing The Wall broke the spell like what occurred at the Three-Eyed Raven cavern when the Night King could cross the theshold.

- Daenerys comes to her senses when Jorah returns to help guide her actions.

My take on it...

1.  Jaime kills Cercei

2.  He unites his army with Daenerys because he loves his brother (Tyrion)...basically giving Danny the Iron Throne

3.  Jaime, Daenerys, and Jon make up the 3 heads of the Dragon (combining their army)...Tyrion isn't the 3rd head!!!

4.  Bring on the Night King

***The Hound and The Mountain will end up killing each other (they can't exist without each other...yin/yang)

***Last one standing...Danny on the Iron Throne, Jon the king of the north,...peace for centuries

As much as I hope to see Dany on the Throne at the end...sometimes it seems to good to be true. Just trying to prepare myself for the inevitable GoT heartbreak. 

I guess it wouldn't be too bad if it was Gendry. Maybe it will end up being Littlefinger. It seems like the show would end too early for him to gain power like that, unless there's a time jump ahead. Of course the quickest way is through marriage...

19 minutes ago, kimik said:

I think that John Snow will end up on the Iron Throne in the end for the simple reason that he does not want it. lol

Regardless of what happens, I'm enjoying this season. I still want to see Cersei and Euron get there just desserts... 

11 minutes ago, piper said:

Regardless of what happens, I'm enjoying this season. I still want to see Cersei and Euron get there just desserts... 

Even better if it is Tyrion that brings them their just desserts, finding another large cache of Wild Fire to light up their lives.

Personally I believe that Jamie is going to die.  Remember Maggy's prophecy.  Cersei was allowed 3 questions.  Her first was "When will I wed the Prince"?  At the time she had been raised by her father that she would be betrothed to Rhaeger, whom she was infatuated with.  Maggy says "Never. you will wed the king." (which is true, after the war was over she married Robert.  Cersei's second question was "I will be queen though? and Maggy's response was "Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear."  Many take this to refer to Margaery Tyrell, but I think it is wrong.  Margaery did not take all that she holds dear, Cersei only cares about two things, power and Jamie.  She basically said as much when Tomman died.  Rather I think the other, younger, and more beautiful is in fact Danny.  As such Danny and her army will kill Jamie, and seize King's Landing (the two things Cersei cares the most about)  This also fulfills the third part of the prophecy, as Maggy says that after all her children have died, and her tears have drowned her, her "little brother" will choke the life out of her.  

2 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

Cersei's second question was "I will be queen though? and Maggy's response was "Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear."  Many take this to refer to Margaery Tyrell, but I think it is wrong.  Margaery did not take all that she holds dear, Cersei only cares about two things, power and Jamie.  She basically said as much when Tomman died.  Rather I think the other, younger, and more beautiful is in fact Danny.

The only hole in that hypothesis is that Emilia Clarke isn't more beautiful than Lena Headey...they're both beautiful.  :sumo:

What if it is Sansa that casts out Cersei, not Danny? We are all assuming that Danny ascends to the throne, but a fun twist would be the official marriage of Tyrion and Sansa as King and Queen!

10 minutes ago, kimik said:

We are all assuming that Danny ascends to the throne

I'm not.  People in the show talk about dragons like they're nuclear weapons, but you can't shoot down a nuke with a ballista.  If Dany had an entire ARMY of dragons, hundreds of them, then maybe she's the odds-on favorite.  The assumption that dragons are an "I win" button is terribly short-sighted.  Dragons don't make much difference at all if the enemy has ballistas.  And since the first three episodes have been almost entirely about Dany's allies in Westeros being taken out by the Lannisters, it looks to me like the two sides are roughly equal right now.

HBO Hack Nabs ‘Game of Thrones’ Episodes - Could Be Bigger than the Sony Hack

game-of-thrones-season-7-diana-rigg-600x

Earlier this week, we learned that HBO had been the victim of a major cyber attack. According to EW, the hackers obtained upcoming episodes and even scripts that have now been put online with more leaks coming soon. Initial reports claimed that the hackers obtained 1.5 terabytes of data from the company. So far, “an upcoming episode of Ballers and Room 104 have apparently been put online. There is also written material that’s allegedly from next week’s fourth episode of Game of Thrones. More is promised to be ‘coming soon.’”

Slashfilm reports that HBO is now working with the FBI and cybersecurity firm Mandiant to investigate the stolen data, which is now thought to be even larger than the 1.5 terabytes and contain employee emails as well as more TV episodes and scripts. Even if the hackers only obtained 1.5 terabytes of data, that’s still roughly seven times as much from 2014’s infamous Sony hack.

An anonymous email was sent to reporters Sunday, allegedly from the hackers.

“Hi to all mankind. The greatest leak of cyber space era is happening. What’s its name? Oh I forget to tell. Its HBO and Game of Thrones……!!!!!! You are lucky to be the first pioneers to witness and download the leak. Enjoy it & spread the words. Whoever spreads well, we will have an interview with him. HBO is falling.”

10 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

“Hi to all mankind. The greatest leak of cyber space era is happening. What’s its name? Oh I forget to tell. Its HBO and Game of Thrones……!!!!!! You are lucky to be the first pioneers to witness and download the leak. Enjoy it & spread the words. Whoever spreads well, we will have an interview with him. HBO is falling.”

Sounds like he's about 10 or 11 years old.

On 8/1/2017 at 4:59 PM, kimik said:

I've heard talk that the servant girl who is at the door when Cersei and Jamie are in bed could possibly be Anya (using her ability to be someone else), but yeah, ultimately I like the idea of Jamie killing Cersei in the end....