• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

On 5/7/2019 at 8:34 PM, zhamlau said:

See, I think its Jon. I think infact Dani is going to be the source of evil Jon will have to kill in the end.

I stand by my statement from earlier. She clearly was evil and has been for a few seasons. Jon will have to end her, maybe with Arya’s help. In the end, no one sits on the throne because anyone who sits on it is either a monster or soon to be done in by one. 

The kingdoms will divide, the Iron throne no more as the last dragon is killed.

Just now, 234wallst said:

Well - so is the other guy - will he turn out to be evil as well???

I think being one of the few with out all the inbreeding and also being raised outside of that family and it’s culture is what saved him. 

He is basically Ned Starks son. Ned raised no monsters.

28 minutes ago, 234wallst said:

Well - so is the other guy - will he turn out to be evil as well???

Jon isn’t evil, and neither was his father Rhaegar 

Edit: It was said by Daenerys in episode 2 just before Jon revealed  who his true parents were.

Edited by Catwomancomics

I found tonight's battle more epic than the battle of the dead but Dani ruined it & went too far in the end.

Spoiler

Regardless of everything else that happened, it really felt like she slaughtered everyone because Jon wouldn't sleep with her after finding out she is his aunt. After turning down her advances, she says, "alright then, let it be fear". Jon is clearly the one who belongs on the iron throne & I think he realized she's becoming a tyrant & doesn't deserve to be queen anymore. I have a feeling Arya will take her out in the finale instead of Cersei.

1 hour ago, zhamlau said:

I stand by my statement from earlier. She clearly was evil and has been for a few seasons. Jon will have to end her, maybe with Arya’s help. In the end, no one sits on the throne because anyone who sits on it is either a monster or soon to be done in by one. 

The kingdoms will divide, the Iron throne no more as the last dragon is killed.

Spoiler

Is Grey Worm evil? Because he led the slaughter of those soldiers who were surrendering?

I'm not sure she's evil, just betrayed by everyone and she's a teenager with a lot of responsibilities.

6 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:
  Hide contents

Is Grey Worm evil? Because he led the slaughter of those soldiers who were surrendering?

I'm not sure she's evil, just betrayed by everyone and she's a teenager with a lot of responsibilities.

Yes, tonight’s acts were of an evil person. Maybe he isn’t evil, but he committed an evil act. Didn’t he commit an unspeakable heinous act to join the unsullied years ago?

2 hours ago, jaybuck43 said:

I don't know if there are any wrestling fans in this thread, but all I keep thinking about is that halfway through next weeks episode D&D are going to walk out, grab a microphone and talk about the politics behind the curtain.  Jesus they are 2000 era Vince Russo.  Hacks of the highest order coasting off of George RR Martin's work.  Absolutely terrible 8th season.  I hope they never work again.

Just to make you feel better remember that they took off a year for this amazing plot to finish off the books.

My favorites are the post episode explanations - nothing beats how Dany kinda forgot about Euron and his fleet the last eps. 

Edited by TeddieMercede

13 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:
  Hide contents

she is def not a teenager 

6 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

Yes, tonight’s acts were of an evil person. Maybe he isn’t evil, but he committed an evil act. Didn’t he commit an unspeakable heinous act to join the unsullied years ago?

I don't remember anything except he's an eunuch. I was not really paying attention in some of the middle years, kind of watching while I was doing other stuff, lol.

7 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

OK, maybe she's 21 now, but she's young. I think Jaybuck? mentioned she was 13 in the books, I thought it was 15, but either way.

I think she is older than that.  i think a lot of years have past since book 1.  She is prob closer to 30 than 20 that is how it appears to me.

3 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I think she is older than that.  i think a lot of years have past since book 1.  She is prob closer to 30 than 20 that is how it appears to me.

Maybe, but no one else aged a lot of years...  they also made her up to look old this episode. I think it was the "weight on her shoulders"  that was aging her.

I do know this.  Please don't read if you dont want spoilers for the Series Last Episode

Spoiler

That person who leaked on reddit has been right so far about everything then because the ending of the show & all the details of each of these last seasons was put out weeks ago by that person.  So far everything he or she said has come true so for me this season has almost been as bad as Last Jedi.  I unfortunately know the ending and if tonight's episode didnt split the fan base the ending will. 

The Qyburn theory fizzled fast, it would have been interesting to do something (anything) with him other than being just a minion.

Spoiler

Arya the assassin giving up her uncompleted quest for vengeance in order to help innocent citizens in crisis stood in stark (sorry, bad pun) contrast to “a better world” Dany’s inability to control her revenge bloodlust, destroying the very people she sought to protect. We’ve seen it building up - Jon Snow’s intimate rejection being the last straw - and now she is completely beyond any redemption. 

3 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

I found tonight's battle more epic than the battle of the dead but Dani ruined it & went too far in the end.

Hide contents

Regardless of everything else that happened, it really felt like she slaughtered everyone because Jon wouldn't sleep with her after finding out she is his aunt. After turning down her advances, she says, "alright then, let it be fear". Jon is clearly the one who belongs on the iron throne & I think he realized she's becoming a tyrant & doesn't deserve to be queen anymore. I have a feeling Arya will take her out in the finale instead of Cersei.

This is in character with Dani's journey.  I felt she was broken from nearly the beginning.  If not for Tyrion's advice (which she somewhat followed back then) during the siege of Meereen in Slaver's Bay, she would have "crucified all the masters, set their fleets on fire, killed all their soldiers and returned their cities to dirt"  (her words).  She has shown no restraint in killing anyone who opposes her, or anyone who doesn't "bend the knee" (the murder of Samwell Tarly's dad and brother) - even her cold comment in season one after her brother was killed by the Dothraki - "He wasn't a real Targaryen" - because he didn't survive his "golden crown".  Granted, her brother was a bad guy, treated her extremely poorly, and contributed to her psychological condition, but still, he was her brother and her reaction foreshadowed her later fracturing.  This theme has been carried throughout her story.

I never liked her (much) and look forward to next week.

Edited by Unca Ben

So I figure here's what's gonna happen next week:  I won't put it in spoilers 'cause it's only a fun guess.  :banana:  
Jon and Grey Worm are now pitted against each other and fight to the death.  I can see them both falling.  Jon, just like the other folks who were brought back from the dead by the Lord of Light, has a purpose to fulfill and then death reclaims him. 

Dani tries to kill Tyrion for his betrayal - with her dragon, maybe?  And Tyrion survives the flames because - surprise! - he's a Targaryen (it's been hinted at - Tywin always said Tyrion was "no son of mine", and Tywin's wife had a crush on one of the Targaryen boys, or vice-versa, I don't remember which. Also Tyrion was able to approach the dragons without being harmed when the dragons were locked up in a dungeon several seasons ago).  After surviving, Tyrion kills her dragon.  How?  In tonight's episode, Tyrion asks Davos if he can get him something, since Davos used to be a smuggler.  This is before the fall of Kings Landing.  What could Tyrion want?  Something to possibly defeat a dragon, maybe?  hm  - Since at that point Tyrion was starting to suspect that he might be wrong about Dani.  A little insurance. (heh)

And while all this is going on, with Dani distracted by Jon and Grey Worm's fight and by Tyrion's surprise, Arya does her patented leap and slays Dani.  
Arya is the "Prince that was promised".  She slays both ice and fire.   In an earlier episode, I think it was Messandei who said the prophesy was originally in High Valyrian and the word "prince" could mean "prince or princess".  :blush:

A Song of Ice and Fire.  The Night King is ice; Dani is dragons and fire.  While both conflict, neither are good.  Both must be defeated to avoid the impending doom to Westeros that was prophesied and for the savior that was promised to arise.  This seemed obvious to me quite a few seasons ago.
Oh, and Jon is ice and fire, as well. He's a Stark from the northern ice (his Stark mother), and a Targaryen (fire - his Targaryen father).  I'm afraid he's gotta go.  It's in the song. :eek:

Who ends up on the throne?  Tyrion?  Sansa? Or maybe Gendry gets another big promotion now that he's a recognized Baratheon.  I think it'll be Gendry, since he's the only son of Robert  Baratheon that we know of.

Now I could be - and likely am - wrong about most of this.  But it's fun to guess.  :whee:

P.S:  I'll put this in spoilers if folks want me to.  But it's just a bunch of guesses.  I don't Tweat, or Reddit, or any of that stuff.  I stay away from forums that might spoil the ending since i'd rather go along for the ride.  The only forums I peruse regarding GOT is this one.  I heard the ending was leaked, as was referenced a few posts ago.  Glad I don't read that stuff.

Edited by Unca Ben
spelling, spacing, and a postscript

1 hour ago, Unca Ben said:

So I figure here's what's gonna happen next week:  I won't put it in spoilers 'cause it's only a fun guess.  :banana:  
Jon and Grey Worm are now pitted against each other and fight to the death.  I can see them both falling.  Jon, just like the other folks who were brought back from the dead by the Lord of Light, has a purpose to fulfill and then death reclaims him. 

Dani tries to kill Tyrion for his betrayal - with her dragon, maybe?  And Tyrion survives the flames because - surprise! - he's a Targaryen (it's been hinted at - Tywin always said Tyrion was "no son of mine", and Tywin's wife had a crush on one of the Targaryen boys, or vice-versa, I don't remember which. Also Tyrion was able to approach the dragons without being harmed when the dragons were locked up in a dungeon several seasons ago).  After surviving, Tyrion kills her dragon.  How?  In tonight's episode, Tyrion asks Davos if he can get him something, since Davos used to be a smuggler.  This is before the fall of Kings Landing.  What could Tyrion want?  Something to possibly defeat a dragon, maybe?  hm  - Since at that point Tyrion was starting to suspect that he might be wrong about Dani.  A little insurance. (heh)

And while all this is going on, with Dani distracted by Jon and Grey Worm's fight and by Tyrion's surprise, Arya does her patented leap and slays Dani.  
Arya is the "Prince that was promised".  She slays both ice and fire.   In an earlier episode, I think it was Messandei who said the prophesy was originally in High Valyrian and the word "prince" could mean "prince or princess".  :blush:

A Song of Ice and Fire.  The Night King is ice; Dani is dragons and fire.  While both conflict, neither are good.  Both must be defeated to avoid the impending doom to Westeros that was prophesied and for the savior that was promised to arise.  This seemed obvious to me quite a few seasons ago.
Oh, and Jon is ice and fire, as well. He's a Stark from the northern ice (his Stark mother), and a Targaryen (fire - his Targaryen father).  I'm afraid he's gotta go.  It's in the song. :eek:

Who ends up on the throne?  Tyrion?  Sansa? Or maybe Gendry gets another big promotion now that he's a recognized Baratheon.  I think it'll be Gendry, since he's the only son of Robert  Baratheon that we know of.

Now I could be - and likely am - wrong about most of this.  But it's fun to guess.  :whee:

P.S:  I'll put this in spoilers if folks want me to.  But it's just a bunch of guesses.  I don't Tweat, or Reddit, or any of that stuff.  I stay away from forums that might spoil the ending since i'd rather go along for the ride.  The only forums I peruse regarding GOT is this one.  I heard the ending was leaked, as was referenced a few posts ago.  Glad I don't read that stuff.

Fun guess but no. Tyrion wanted to help Jamie and Cersei get out. That’s what he asked him to smuggle out.