• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

The last two episodes of the season are going to be extra long.

Episode 1 - 59 minutes

Episode 2 - 59 minutes

Episode 3 - 63 minutes

Episode 4 - 50 minutes

Episode 5 - 59 minutes

Episode 6 - 71 minutes

Episode 7 - 81 minutes

Episodes 6 and 7 will be the longest to date for the show, clocking in at 71 and 81 minutes, respectively. The previous record was held by Season 6’s The Winds of Winter, which ran for 68 minutes.

I never realized the actress playing Yara is a comedian.

Actress Who Plays Yara On Game Of Thrones Is Even Funnier In Real Life

n an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Whelan spoke about her days pre- GoT which were filled with a lot more LOL's than OMG's. "I was doing a lot of comedy but I always wanted to do serious drama as well and it’s quite hard when you’re working in comedy and have a comedy agent to even be invited into the drama room," Whelan told the site. "The casting for GoT came about because I was at a comedy casting and the casting director was also on Thrones, Robert Sterne along with Nina Gold, and he said, 'I have something that you might be perfect for that I’m casting next week' — and that was Game of Thrones. I was literally in the right place at the right time even though it was a comedy casting."

She boils it all down to luck, but we're pretty sure she was just the perfect fit. "Of course, when I heard it was this huge HBO drama, I thought, 'This is never going to be my first drama, I have no chance, I’ll never get this, but I’m delighted to be invited into the room.' So I was quite relaxed because I thought I never had a chance. So I was very lucky. And from there on, I was considered for other dramas and have continued in comedy as well."

1 minute ago, Brian48 said:

One day I'll get into this series.  I think I saw part of episode one, season one, but never finished it.  Have it  Blu-Ray somewhere. 

You can buy an entire digital season for $7-$1`0 if you go on Google +. 

I have no interest in leaks. GoT is the first time in a very long time that I've experienced "appointment television". I don't DVR it and wait, i don't download it a few days later. I know that I'm going to tune in on Sunday night and watch it live with so many other millions of folks, and we'll have a shared experience. It's fun, and reminds me of my youth, before media became so splintered.

Edited by F For Fake

On 8/3/2017 at 0:09 PM, F For Fake said:

I have no interest in leaks. GoT is the first time in a very long time that I've experienced "appointment television". I don't DVR it and wait, i don't download it a few days later. I know that I'm going to tune in on Sunday night and watch it live with so many other millions of folks, and we'll have a shared experience. It's fun, and reminds me of my youth, before media became so splintered.

Perfectly stated! I have HBO Go and know I can watch it on demand any time. But I am sure to watch it when it first airs "live".  It does have a community feel.

I hear you about reminding you of your youth. I remember anxiously scanning the TV Guide for the week, waiting for Creature Feature or Sherlock Holmes Theater and the like. In those cases the event actually exceeded the anticipation...and anticiaption was always high!

On 8/3/2017 at 0:39 PM, Bosco685 said:

You can buy an entire digital season for $7-$1`0 if you go on Google +. 

Or you can pay $15 a month and have access to stream every episode, including the new ones, as well as everything else on HBO.  Basically buying the 6 preceding seasons would run the same as 4 months of HBO Now, and I am sure you can stream the entire season faster than that, as well as enjoy other wonderful HBO content.  

56 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I hear rumors the last 15 minutes of tonight's episode is going to be amazing. And supposedly, Brienne of Tarth...

Reveal hidden contents

...meets her match at sword play.

:popcorn:

Spoiler

Interesting. Brienne is with Sansa. Trying to think who she might encounter in a sword fight. Maybe Beric Dondarrion and/or the Hound make their way to Winterfell?

Edited by Key Largo Comics

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

I hear rumors the last 15 minutes of tonight's episode is going to be amazing. And supposedly, Brienne of Tarth...

Reveal hidden contents

...meets her match at sword play.

:popcorn:

Um... It's not a spoiler.  It was in the teaser trailer...

8 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

Um... It's not a spoiler.  It was in the teaser trailer...

Um...you had to go look and put it together to figure out who. So the spoiler is valid.

:sumo:

:insane:

It sure is going to be interesting where the last few episodes take us.

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Holy shyte! That was a bloodbath of an ending.

:ohnoez:

Great episode! :headbang:

Not totally certain who knocked Jamie off his horse. I think I know but not 100% sure...hm

9 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Great episode! :headbang:

Not totally certain who knocked Jamie off his horse. I think I know but not 100% sure...hm

Who else looked over at a white horse during battle, before the camera switched to Jamie?