• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

Littlefinger's subtle little smile.... lol

Enjoyed the episode a lot. Very fulfilling to be sure. Lots of great appearances, and things we've waited to see since season 1, happening.

Only quibble would be

Spoiler

the plot devices used in the final 15 minutes. If they were trying to make Dany look like the dude who crashed the Ferrari on the way home from buying it, then they succeeded. If they weren't going for that allusion then they could have done better.  

Attacking the Ballista from the only angle and direction that it could harm her? Really? That thing had a max 45 degree angle of elevation. Attacking it head one was either to show that she's got a lot to learn and took a stupid chance with her most valuable asset, or it was to set up the game of chicken between Drogon and Bronn...which would make it sloppy writing.  Wouldn't anyone's first thought to be to fly straight up over it and fire straight down on top of it where it can't strike you? 

Edited by comix4fun

3 hours ago, Jayman said:

Great episode! :headbang:

Not totally certain who knocked Jamie off his horse. I think I know but not 100% sure...hm

It was Bronn - I did a slow-mo and barely caught a glimpse of him.

Talking with my son tonight, we thought it would be awesome if the White Walkers had an Ice Dragon...

26 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Talking with my son tonight, we thought it would be awesome if the White Walkers had an Ice Dragon...

It was Bronn, me and my son were talking of Jamie's fate and he said for all we know a mermaid will save him. It made me laugh so I thought so I would share. 

6 hours ago, topofthetotem said:

7 hours ago, sacentaur said:

It was Bronn, me and my son were talking of Jamie's fate and he said for all we know a mermaid will save him. It made me laugh so I thought so I would share. 

Yeah I figured as much but was thinking they might have threw in a red herring and it was someone else. I did the slow mo view and couldn't make him out. Also talked over the fact that if the Night King could resurrect a slain dragon...hm

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

Are we to assume that Dany wiped out the entire Lannister army last night?

FINALLY, the dragons were unleashed.  ^^ :banana:

fcbfeb348ff41ed6.gif

Judging by the "Next Week On...." right after the show we've already got an answer to that. 

They certainly destroyed all the food. 

Interesting motivations and character studies last night. What happened the last time Jaime Lannister saw a Targaryen burning people alive?  Oh yeah. lol 

Edited by comix4fun

2 hours ago, Jayman said:

Yeah I figured as much but was thinking they might have threw in a red herring and it was someone else. I did the slow mo view and couldn't make him out. Also talked over the fact that if the Night King could resurrect a slain dragon...hm

Would it breathe fire or ice? hm

9 minutes ago, piper said:

What's Little Finger up to?

To me, that smirk and Sansa leaving abruptly after the display by Arya, demonstrated that Brienne isn't the protector that Sansa might believe her to be. That maybe Sansa will need Littlefinger's protection more than she thinks. It looked like he saw his opening to worm a little bit closer....since that's all he seems to want. 

11 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

To me, that smirk and Sansa leaving abruptly after the display by Arya, demonstrated that Brienne isn't the protector that Sansa might believe her to be. That maybe Sansa will need Littlefinger's protection more than she thinks. It looked like he saw his opening to worm a little bit closer....since that's all he seems to want. 

No, no, no.  That smirk was a confirmation that she finally realized that Arya has changed.  She dismissed this notion during their talk but after seeing her take on Brienne she has to view her sister differently now.  Remember, the last time she saw her Arya was helpless.

1 minute ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

No, no, no.  That smirk was a confirmation that she finally realized that Arya has changed.  She dismissed this notion during their talk but after seeing her take on Brienne she has to view her sister differently now.  Remember, the last time she saw her Arya was helpless.

I was talking about Littlefinger's smirk, and what Littlefinger was thinking...which happened to be timed with Sansa leaving abruptly.

Edited by comix4fun

1 hour ago, piper said:

What's Little Finger up to?

Winning the long game. The way things are going now, he will be the only leader with a full army with strong cavalry by the end of this season. The Knights of the Vale have suffered zero casualties so far from what I can tell, while the Lannisters and Danny/Dothraki/Unsullied will decimate each other. I expect one or two of the dragons to bite it at some point as well. That would leave Little Finger as the military power in Westeroos which would be fun to see how he plays his cards. Right now he is supporting House Stark, but his goal is the Iron Throne and he will do whatever it takes to get there.

1 hour ago, comix4fun said:

I was talking about Littlefinger's smirk, and what Littlefinger was thinking...which happened to be timed with Sansa leaving abruptly.

I have to agree. It was a way for him to pitch Sansa on 'Only I am here to protect your needs." Though I would hate to see the Starks go through an internal fight after all they have experienced.

Littlefinger has to be concerned that Bran sees him for what he really is - the more chaos that's around, the higher Littlefinger gets to climb on the ladder.

The Starks are the pack now, while Littlefinger is the lone wolf... and it's the pack that survives. hm 

4 hours ago, Jayman said:

Also talked over the fact that if the Night King could resurrect a slain dragon...hm

They showed them with undead horses before, so there's no reason to believe they couldn't have undead dragons.

zombie_horse.png