2,261 posts in this topic

483 posts
1 minute ago, Black_Adam said:

I just hope he is actually able to finish the books and it doesn't end up like The Wheel of Time series.

God, the The Wheel of Time series was horrible.

1,569 posts
1 minute ago, Xenosmilus said:

God, the The Wheel of Time series was horrible.

Agreed. It started well but by the end of book 5 I couldn't stomach any more (I hear the series finally finished with 16 books written).

483 posts
Just now, Black_Adam said:

Agreed. It started well but by the end of book 5 I couldn't stomach any more (I hear the series finally finished with 16 books written).

I didn't make it past Book One :roflmao:.

35,984 posts
3 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

It was fourteen books in total and Brandon Sanderson wrote the final three from Jordan's notes.

Books five through eleven were pretty dire but Sanderson didn't do too bad a job of wrapping it up.

483 posts
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

And now our watch has ended. 

:|

We still have the books to look forward to!

Edited by Xenosmilus

1,569 posts

Is there anyone here who has only watched the TV series and has never (and has no plan to) read the books?

21,445 posts
1 minute ago, Black_Adam said:

Is there anyone here who has only watched the TV series and has never (and has no plan to) read the books?

I’m your huckleberry 

31,982 posts
19 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Book 5 is exactly my cutoff. 

I went back and reread the early books recently and all of them have issues, but the first three are especially fun. Rose colored nostalgia glasses help.

1,610 posts
2 minutes ago, kimik said:

This was a great ending to the series. It really was the only logical way D & D wanted to do it.

Fixed it for you.

3,136 posts
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I thought that was a good ending. With plenty of room for follow-up specials.

I can live with it, but to quote Jon Snow “It doesn’t feel right”.

Fingers crossed that we eventually see the books.

My biggest issue: 

Spoiler

Would it have been too much to ask for them to give Jon one kingly act and have him order Drogon to burn the throne instead of cowering down?  He is a damn Targaryen /Stark after all.

Edited by Doc McCoy
Moved spoiler

483 posts
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, kimik said:

This was a great ending to the series. It really was the only logical way to do it.

I would have liked seeing John mount the dragon after killing Danny and burinng the Unsully (while Ghost came down South and got on the dragons back with John) :roflmao:.  Then John, Ghost and the Dragon flying North beyond the Wall saying F- you guys I'm outta here. I'm sort of joking but that would have been more satisfying.

Edited by Xenosmilus

1,569 posts

6 minutes ago, kimik said:

I’m your huckleberry 

I just wanted to say that, in my opinion - having read the books - I thought the series hit it out of the park. The books are great for the wealth of background but plot-wise there were only two relatively major differences I remember and it will be interesting to see where GRRM takes the novels going forward (I'm assuming his notes fueled the plot for seasons 6-8) and I would be surprised if there is any huge divergence from where the series ended other than perhaps following the main characters past the final episode (I really wanted to see a final scene where Bran worgs into Drogon and sees him carrying Daenerys to a cave slowly revealed to be filled with dragon eggs - and the final scene is her letting out a gasp a la Jon Snow as her eyes open wide).

1,610 posts
2 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I would have liked seeing John mount the dragon after killing Danny and burinng the Unsully (while Ghost came down South and got on the dragons back with John) :roflmao:.  Then John, Ghost and the Dragon flying North saying F- you guys I'm outta here. I'm sort of joking but that would have been more satisfying.

I was hoping for the same thing as I was watching it. Get on Drogon and burn the Unsullied and the Dothraki armies.

1,569 posts
1 minute ago, Catwomancomics said:

I was hoping for the same thing as I was watching it. Get on Drogon and burn the Unsullied and the Dothraki armies.

I believe when I read the novella the Princess and the Queen it explained that the dragons and their riders bond for life and will accept no other rider - not even after death.

1,271 posts

To all the people complaining (not those specifically on this site...in general) they need to STFU.

Great show, great entertainment, sad to see it end.

I just need a month long vacation to re-watch the entire series on DVD.

483 posts
Just now, Black_Adam said:

I believe when I read the novella the Princess and the Queen it explained that the dragons and their riders bond for life and will accept no other rider - not even after death.

John rode a Dragon though.