• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

High grade bronze
3 3

162 posts in this topic

Over the Memorial Day weekend, this thread will offer a slew of unrestored near mint range bronze age comics.  Many publishers will be represented, and the books will cover a wide variety of price points.  The sale particulars: The list prices are firm, but I am happy to negotiate discounts for purchases of 5 or more books.  Payments are accepted by check, money order, or PayPal.  Shipping is by USPS Priority and costs $14 in the US for up to 4 slabbed comics and $11 for up to 8 raw books - other locations will be a bit extra.  There are no returns on CGC-graded books, unless a slab is damaged despite my bomb-proof packaging.  Raw comics may be returned within 7 days of receipt for a full refund of the book price - this is a hassle for everyone concerned, so before pulling the trigger feel free to request a detailed description of the condition and flaws of any comic.

Disclosure: none of these comics was pressed under my ownership, or to my knowledge beforehand.

To get things started...

• Avengers #93
  • cgc 9.4 ow/w
  • $550   SOLD!

Old label copy with exceptional cover registration and a brilliant, clean front cover, which are very tough to find on this ish.  This giant-sized book is one of the very best Bronze Age comics, featuring a Roy Thomas continuation of the Kree-Skrull war, over 30 pages of Neal Adams Avengers art, and a spectacular chapter entitled 'Journey to the Center of an Android'.  Awesome!

Avengers93cgc.jpg

Edited by namisgr

I think your timing is right, Mike, as I've seen copies of this book with August arrival dates.

Reserving this post for a summary list.

• Avengers #103
  • cgc 9.4 white
  • Rocky Mountain pedigree
  • $395

Really sweet copy, nicer looking in cover registration, paper preservation, and cover colors than others sporting a higher numerical grade and a much higher asking price.

Avengers103cgc.jpg

Edited by namisgr

both of those are some of the toughest Avengers in high grade. :whee:

8 hours ago, namisgr said:
  • Avengers #103
  • cgc 9.4 white
  • Rocky Mountain pedigree
  • $395

Really sweet copy, nicer looking in cover registration, paper preservation, and cover colors than others sporting a higher numerical grade and a much higher asking price.

Avengers103cgc.jpg

That may be my top Sentinel cover. Even without the X-Men, it really captures the threat that the Sentinels represented.