• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

message from Romain SOMEONE IS SELLING MY ART ON CAF !!
1 1

118 posts in this topic

Glad you got what you paid for. That's a good outcome. Congrats. Good communication is really the cornerstone of happy transactions as it demonstrates mutual respect. 

Edited by comix4fun

I'm updating this thread because it's only one that has a "review" of Visar Alard. (I googled the name after I paid for a page from CAF.) I received a tracking number in a day or two and was told it was about 10-14 days. The tracking updated on the France side but was in European non-update limbo which made me a little nervous. On day 10, today, I saw that my local USPS office scanned the code and it was promptly delivered in pristine shape. 

On 6/8/2019 at 11:51 AM, Rick2you2 said:

As I wrote once before, I was referring to situations where someone was offering an item for sale, the flipper then listed it themselves elsewhere, buys the piece and then sold it without taking possession. That is not an activity which this hobby likes, nor would any hobby, I expect, and I consider a bad business practice. But, I don’t consider it a violation of law. Stop trying to change what I said to turn it into something different. 

You are describing arbitrage. 

On 6/4/2019 at 3:18 PM, T Shen said:

Damn, I should've done my due diligence before purchasing from him on CAF. I purchased four pages from him over a month ago, said he shipped and provided me with a bad tracking number, and now he's gone radio silent, though he posted new pages for sale a couple weeks ago. I naively assumed that since he's been a member of CAF for so many years and has a premium account, it would be a smooth(ish) transaction. I unfortunately made the mistake of using Friends and Family with PayPal as well. Anyone have suggestions?

Never use friends and family on PayPal for a business transaction. You are not covered if you get scammed.

I would leave negative comments on his CAF page explaining the situation. I hope that might get him to respond to you.

On 10/26/2023 at 6:42 AM, grapeape said:

Never use friends and family on PayPal for a business transaction. You are not covered if you get scammed.

I would leave negative comments on his CAF page explaining the situation. I hope that might get him to respond to you.

I think it depends on who you're dealing with.  As I'm in the UK, I get hit with extra charges buying from or selling to USA residents.  F&F eliminates the extra charges, so if I'm selling I either request F&F or a top-up-charge to cover the extra costs involved with G&S . . . and if I have absolute trust in the seller (through solid reputation) will pay F&F..  But, yes, F&F is generally not a good idea when dealing with complete unknowns.

Edited by The Voord