• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Direct access to Robert Beerbohm?

33 posts in this topic

I have posted this in Marketplace/Probation Discussions and have been advised to posting it in Comics General:

Is there anyone who is friends with Robert Beerbohm and who can ask him for me that he might want to ship my long paid purchase of the "Comic cardboard sign/poster 1920s 'Boston Sunday Advertiser'" now?

You know, I was aware and I am aware of the fact that some issues with blbcomics have been discussed on these boards and I don't want to talk about that. I simply trusted Robert with my purchase but I don't manage to get in touch with him at present. Not via email and not via phone. He seems to still have his business running though (positive feedback up to this month).

Any plain help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

(...) across the street.

Not sure about the meaning of this.

I even requested the shipment in question from blbcomics via the question feature on his priciest "Platinum Age" item on ebay at the moment - to no avail: No reply to me.

Platinum age item (unsold) has been relisted since.

1 minute ago, Iceman399 said:

The other company not named CGC.  He's active on their forums (well he currently serving a week or so long ban from there) but he's been posting there as recently as 6 days ago.

He managed to get in trouble there also?  No surprise.  For a long time dealer and one of the great historians of the hobby he sure has problems completing transactions.

9 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

The other company not named CGC.  He's (...) been posting there as recently as 6 days ago.

Didn't know that, thank you.

I've not signed up there yet. I am going to wait for a positive answer/PM on this site for 2-3 weeks first.

16 minutes ago, Pickie said:

Didn't know that, thank you.

I've not signed up there yet. I am going to wait for a positive answer/PM on this site for 2-3 weeks first.

I could be wrong but I think he was banned from here.

40 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I could be wrong but I think he was banned from here.

Misunderstanding. I meant I'd wait for a positive answer/PM from someone who has direct access to him.

20 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

He's on Facebook.   I see him post responses to posts by Borock and Zaid from time to time.   You may be able to contact him there. 

Thanks, but I don't use facebook. And I don't see why he wouldn't answer my emails to his other Internet addresses.

Edited by Pickie

Just now, BLBhasAlzhiemers said:

That's a euphemism for "he's a complete assshole"

I suppose that's one way some would say it.   I've always liked him and his eccentricities. 

2 hours ago, Pickie said:

I have posted this in Marketplace/Probation Discussions and have been advised to posting it in Comics General:

Is there anyone who is friends with Robert Beerbohm and who can ask him for me that he might want to ship my long paid purchase of the "Comic cardboard sign/poster 1920s 'Boston Sunday Advertiser'" now?

You know, I was aware and I am aware of the fact that some issues with blbcomics have been discussed on these boards and I don't want to talk about that. I simply trusted Robert with my purchase but I don't manage to get in touch with him at present. Not via email and not via phone. He seems to still have his business running though (positive feedback up to this month).

Any plain help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

He's extraordinarily active and extraornery in general over on Facebook. 

36 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

I contacted Bob on facebook, he said he is going to contact the OP.

Robert did so.

Thank you, Jimmy.

The cardboard sign is not at hand.

I answered that and I will come back to this thread with an update on Sunday at the latest.

I'd like to meet a guy named Robert Beerbong, because I bet he'd be a lot of fun.