• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Megacon Orlando- cracking slab for signature

5 posts in this topic

Megacon Orlando- cracking slab for signature

I'm going tomorrow, Friday the 26th. In Orlando and I have a slab that I need cracked so Stan can sign it. Do I go to CGC booth first and get you to crack it and then wait in line w/ it to have Stan sign? I was told by a friend than Stan has his own people who crack the slabs and maintain possession of the books and once it is signed, they bring it to CGC for grading. Please help clarify this for me and steer me in the right direction so I won't be lost tomorrow. Thank you very much, for any and all help!

Just drop by the CGC booth first thing and see what they have to say.  I feel confident there will be someone there with Stan to handle it all but best to be safe and see what the folks on site have to say.  

39 minutes ago, MedicAR said:

Just drop by the CGC booth first thing and see what they have to say.  I feel confident there will be someone there with Stan to handle it all but best to be safe and see what the folks on site have to say.  

Great, thank you!

just to be clear, if its not ALREADY a CGC SS, you don't need a witness/facilitator to crack the slab.  In fact, a lot of them WON'T crack it for you UNLESS it is CGC SS (due to liability). So IF you've got a blue label, you should either crack it yourself in the controlled environment of your house and prep the book yourself, OR you should be prepared to do it at the show in the event they won't do it for you.