• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superboy - Complete!

397 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

Civil war themed issues are nice, I think the sesquicentennial of 1961-1965 brought out quite a few covers

This is actually my second copy of this issue, my first was a real beater. I generally liked the time travel stories, although now they are pretty corny!

On 7/18/2017 at 5:14 AM, Silver said:

Those cover similarities can't be a coincidence, that's pretty cool. Tarzan coming over to DC was a pretty big deal at the time.

Hi Silver,

If you don't mind me asking what grade is your Tarzan 225 in?  You said you had a number of high grades copies. Whats weird is that there are huge chunks missing from the DC Tarzan line in high grade. Recently a couple came on the market...they  max out at 9.6's at best. Its super rare to find any 9.8's.

My whole set is an unread pedigree quality set bought from the OO (known as the Monterey collection). I bought them 25 years ago and immediately put them in Mylar. 

Don't know what CGC would grade it, but you can tell it's nice

IMG_0588.JPG

Edited by Silver

On 8/7/2017 at 10:19 PM, Silver said:

My whole set is an unread pedigree quality set bought from the OO (known as the Monterey collection). I bought them 25 years ago and immediately put them in Mylar. 

Don't know what CGC would grade it, but you can tell it's nice

IMG_0588.JPG

Thanks for posting :) Thats a beaut! Probably a 9.6  or even higher! Good job holding and taking care of these! Thanks again Silver.

On 7/27/2017 at 11:40 PM, Silver said:

You're right, that is a cool book. I personally really liked the reprint issues, they were usually good stories with a few nice bonus features thrown in.

Me too , i always liked reprints because that was the only way to read back issues back in the day if you didn't have the originals 

On 6/27/2017 at 7:31 AM, Silver said:

more Neal Adams, there is actually a character named Bash Bashford in this story...

IMG_0467.JPG

Never realized how good some of these 15 cent Superboy covers are

On 6/26/2017 at 10:15 PM, Silver said:

My favorite Superboy Adams cover

IMG_0465.JPG

Great choice for your favorite cover ! What a great cover which also I had never noticed before what have I been missing

On 6/26/2017 at 10:11 PM, Silver said:

Last 12 center, I have two copies of this one

Got the bagged set from Terry Stroud at a SDCC in the early 90's. I actually saw it and passed it up. I regretted it and a year later I saw Terry and asked him about it. He said he still had it. Anyone who has seen his booths at SDCC wouldn't be surprised, they are disorganized disasters. I paid him $50 for it. It is the only one like it I have ever seen. Too bad there are no keys. All are final 12 issues, Unexpected, Superboy, Our Army at War, Challangers, Atom and the Hawkman.

IMG_0462.JPG

IMG_0509.JPG

Jealous of the super-Pac?‍♂️?

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 4:01 PM, FoggyNelson said:
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 10:15 PM, Silver said:

IMG_0465.JPG

Great choice for your favorite cover ! What a great cover which also I had never noticed before

...I've been an Adams nut since the early 70's...... and always felt that his Superboy output was very inspired..... many of his best efforts IMHO are in that title. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 5/28/2017 at 5:56 AM, jimjum12 said:

I'm noticing interest in Superboy in our area and have watched several boardies quietly snagging them on the boards.... they're cool books with stories that are often fairly clever..... and don't break the bank, outside of a handful of keys. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Two sales of note recently, a number 1 in 8.0 for 9K (a record for that grade), and $3,300 for an 8.0 number 8. 

I think its cool to see some love for these early issues. 

Edited by Silver