• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superboy - Complete!

397 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Silver said:

That's it folks, thanks for hanging with me and celebrating the Boy of Steel and his thirty year run!

if I ever get an Adventure 247 I may do a Legion of Super-Heroes complete, it's the only issue I need to have every Legion appearance from the 1950's - 1990's! :cloud9::acclaim:

:applause::golfclap::applause:

I would love to see you do the Legion run as well... even if I have most of those issues myself.  (I'm missing a few minor cameos, I've got every major appearance.)

6 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Boo hoo... i knew this great thread had to end someday, :|

Silver , this has been one of the top threads since i joined the boards, every few days now for weeks i have looked forward

to you new posts!

A "Superboy" complete, all in nice grade,... is a fabulous accomplishment (worship)

Thank you for the kind words, there are many amazing collections and collectors on these boards, it the greatest community of comic fans that there is. 

23 hours ago, Silver said:

That's it folks, thanks for hanging with me and celebrating the Boy of Steel and his thirty year run!

if I ever get an Adventure 247 I may do a Legion of Super-Heroes complete, it's the only issue I need to have every Legion appearance from the 1950's - 1990's! :cloud9::acclaim:

Hats off to a great thread!

It was nice being able to tune in every couple of days and find a non-AF15 post to read in Silver Age!

19 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Good thing they didn't have Superboy variants back then Silver lol !!

19 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Good thing they didn't have Superboy variants back then Silver lol !!

Can you imagine? There is already price variants... that's enough!

On 6/12/2017 at 0:05 AM, Silver said:

#91. This is my second copy of this book, and it's still not as nice a copy as I would have wanted. There were quite a few historical covers and time travel stories, I overall liked them. 

IMG_0357.JPG

Civil war themed issues are nice, I think the sesquicentennial of 1961-1965 brought out quite a few covers

On 6/26/2017 at 10:11 PM, Silver said:

Last 12 center, I have two copies of this one

Got the bagged set from Terry Stroud at a SDCC in the early 90's. I actually saw it and passed it up. I regretted it and a year later I saw Terry and asked him about it. He said he still had it. Anyone who has seen his booths at SDCC wouldn't be surprised, they are disorganized disasters. I paid him $50 for it. It is the only one like it I have ever seen. Too bad there are no keys. All are final 12 issues, Unexpected, Superboy, Our Army at War, Challangers, Atom and the Hawkman.

IMG_0462.JPG

IMG_0509.JPG

Value pack!

On 6/26/2017 at 10:05 PM, Silver said:

Cool,reprint giant of a couple of great issues from the early 60's. I guess the feeling was that the readers turned over every few years, so these stories wouldn't be recognized by most fans.

IMG_0461.JPG

Superboy is well drawn here and looks so proud???