• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's a Cap 1 ppp these days ?

114 posts in this topic

a 8.0 A-3 Sig Series went for 42.5K this month

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=722182

Interesting how a 0.5 can go for 20K while on the high end it only commands 20K more.

Don't follow Cap1 all that much so no idea what pp for a Universal copy would be. My guess 35-40K for entry level, depending on eye appeal of course.

Edited by Gotham Kid

Low and mid-grade universal Cap1s have been largely absent from the market over the lat two years, at least on the Internet.  I just checked GPA and there is only one low/mid grade universal sale in the last two years: May 2015, which was 77.6k for a 5.5.  Two years is a long time ago.  So, it's hard to get a bead on price. 

C-Link has a Universal 2.5 at 95k that has been sitting for a little while.   http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3DCAPTAIN%2BAMERICA%2BCOMICS%2B1%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1143234  So, 40k per point might be a little high for buyers now.  I'll say 30-35k.  Two or three years ago books in the 6.0 range were selling for ~ 100k.  Would a 3.0 fetch 100k+ today at auction?  I agree with you and Gotham Kid.  It's tricky to figure out ppp for Cap 1.

8 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

ComicLink Cap1 had an initial sale price offering of almost 15K less (he recently bumped it to 95K...)

Thanks Gotham Kid.  Yeah, I had a funny feeling that the price seemed different to me.

The lone .5 Universal on the census has slightly brittle pages and is missing the 2 centerfolds (no printing error on the cover )  Any guesses on a FMV if the last restored copy (trimmed, incomplete) went for around 20k? 

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

The lone .5 Universal on the census has slightly brittle pages and is missing the 2 centerfolds (no printing error on the cover )  Any guesses on a FMV if the last restored copy (trimmed, incomplete) went for around 20k? 

I think that blue 0.5 used to live in a purple holder.  

As far as FMV I would probably say $30-$35k. (shrug)

-J.

Berk Cap 1  7.0 B-3 with all three sides trimmed already over 17k, twelve days from the hammer. Lord. Would not shock me to see it go for 30k plus. The insanity continues.

Edited by twmjr1
mistake