• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you ever met a comic book character-like person? (not cosplay)

22 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

Because I felt like I met X-23 tonight.  The 20-year-old version, down to a T !

Did you take a picture?

Is there a comic book character called 'No Soap Man'? If so, I meet him every month at the London Comic Fair :wink:

My son rode along with the local police one evening as part of an outreach program they have with area high schools. All the officers spoke of this one particular officer (whom I didn't get to meet) who was the smartest, fastest, best in target practice, etc as if he had super-powers.

Glad he patrols my streets :)

2 hours ago, Hekla said:

My son rode along with the local police one evening as part of an outreach program they have with area high schools. All the officers spoke of this one particular officer (whom I didn't get to meet) who was the smartest, fastest, best in target practice, etc as if he had super-powers.

Glad he patrols my streets :)

Savage Dragon? :applause:

12 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

Because I felt like I met X-23 tonight.  The 20-year-old version, down to a T !

7 hours ago, Readcomix said:

You're telling us, via euphemism, you had a really good night? :headbang:

Wrong letter at the end.  Unless it was a surprise ending I suppose

3 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I'm an exterminator by trade, and I had to work an emergency on a Sunday to take care bees. 

My four year old gives me a little Captain America shield from one of his toys, and tells me "this is for you to save the day"

I am so happy my boys still think of me as a superhero, one day they will grow up and realize I'm just a man. For now I'm enjoying that they think that way.

The shield is in my work truck forever now.

Plus Oak has hurled that shield many times at Hydra bee hives.  When he kills one bee though 2 spring up in its place.

YEP! :roflmao:First day at my job about 14 years ago felt like I met Sam and Twitch from the spawn cartoon. lol First couple employees I met for training, I Almost quit!!:roflmao:

My kids soccer coach is a cop ( her old coach - she is heading off to college in the fall) .  Very low key - great guy, great coach.

I was bored on the sideline one day - decided to google him for some reason.....

https://www.policeone.com/police-heroes/articles/6199620-Why-one-cop-carries-145-rounds-of-ammo-on-the-job/

true hero and brave beyond belief......