• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you find was your hardest run / set to complete?
1 1

69 posts in this topic

I completed a Mark Jeweler Insert of early Punishers ASM 129 first appearance, ASM 134 (cameo), and ASM 135 second full appearance

Not incredibly "difficult" but I had fun doing it, not in High Grade or anything either but I set a goal and accomplished it and I was/am happy :) 

On 5/30/2017 at 10:13 PM, 90sChild said:

Would love to see you post that up.. I am working on the same thing currently.  I only have one miswrap which is where I started to actually care about that.  Im taking my sweet time on finding the 169 and 173.

LSGpNy5.jpg

I've posted most of them before in the SA forum, but here's a link to my set on myslabbedcomics.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=2701

Took me several years to land an Aliens 2 9.8. There were only two on the census for many years. The number has nudged up slightly, and Iceman came through for me last year as part of a trade. I don't collect many slabs, but getting that set in 9.8 was a goal, and very satisfying once complete.

After five years, I'm still working on a complete Spawn run in 9.8 or better. It's been absolutely brutal, and expensive. Lots of dark covers that make flaws easy to spot. You also have to deal with scores of variants and periods of relatively low press runs on the regular title. I have 331(+) graded slabs on the registry and 8 left to go before I have the entire run with every variant.

4 minutes ago, newshane said:

After five years, I'm still working on a complete Spawn run in 9.8 or better. It's been absolutely brutal, and expensive. Lots of dark covers that make flaws easy to spot. You also have to deal with scores of variants and periods of relatively low press runs on the regular title. I have 331(+) graded slabs on the registry and 8 left to go before I have the entire run with every variant.

That's almost there :)

13 hours ago, walclark said:

Took me thirty years, but I finished my run of all the Golden Age Hitler covers.  Some were quite elusive and there is pretty intense competition for copies.

I'd have to think that money also would be a factor. CA1, Daredevil vs Hitler, etc.  are not inexpensive books. Well done!

20 minutes ago, piper said:

I'd have to think that money also would be a factor. CA1, Daredevil vs Hitler, etc.  are not inexpensive books. Well done!

Thankfully, I was able to add some of the big ticket books when they were 3, 4, or (in the case of Cap #1) 5 figure books.  Now, you have to add a zero to the back end of many of those prices to be able to play.

13 hours ago, walclark said:

Took me thirty years, but I finished my run of all the Golden Age Hitler covers.  Some were quite elusive and there is pretty intense competition for copies.

One of the coolest collections I've ever seen, without a doubt!